It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we be surprised that TPTB are lenient on Muslim extremism?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Every time I read this board there seems to be new stories about how Muslim extremism is spilling over into civilized countries. I authored a thread about it myself:

Hive Mind Psychology and the Rape of Europe

The topic of this thread is an issue I haven't seen addressed yet:

Let me remind you of a news story that you may have missed:

Why one of the world’s worst human rights offenders is leading a U.N. human rights panel

What does that tell us? Let's consider the kind of 'human rights' available in Saudi Arabia:

Saudi Arabia continued in 2014 to try, convict, and imprison political dissidents and human rights activists solely on account of their peaceful activities. Systematic discrimination against women and religious minorities continued. Authorities failed to enact systematic measures to protect the rights of 9 million foreign workers. As in past years, authorities subjected hundreds of people to unfair trials and arbitrary detention. New anti-terrorism regulations that took effect in 2014 can be used to criminalize almost any form of peaceful criticism of the authorities as terrorism.
www.hrw.org...

I believe as horrifying as the above article is, it's a whitewash:

Sheikh Adel Al-Kilbani, former Imam of the Grand Mosque in Mecca, admitted during a television appearance that ISIS merely shares the same beliefs as all Muslims who embrace what is contained in the Koran.

The cleric goes on to suggest that many Muslims agree with the Salafist philosophy behind ISIS, and that the only disagreement is with the way in which that philosophy is acted out from a public relations perspective.
“We do not criticize the thought on which it is based, such as the concept of apostasy,” states Al-Kilbani, suggesting that executions are justifiable for people who leave Islam, but that the “brutal” way in which ISIS kills people, “ruins our image in front of the world.”
“If we execute them in a way what does not show us in a bad light, then that’s fine,” he adds.
Former Grand Mosque Imam: ISIS Shares the Same Beliefs as Us

Please note: In that expert's opinion, all Muslims are extremists.

I don't think so. They're not only ALLOWED to be part of the United Nations, they're allowed to LEAD a U.N. human rights panel.

Just in case you don't think Saudi Arabia is a haven for Muslim extremism...

Saudi Arabia Grand Mufti: “Nothing Wrong” With Child Brides

Hundreds of Mauritanian women trafficked to Saudi Arabia trapped in 'slavery'

SAUDI OFFERS "CASTRATED AFRICAN SLAVE" FOR SALE ON FACEBOOK

Capital punishment in Saudi Arabia
edit on 31-1-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle."

-Sun Tzu

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   
At this point, it should be expected.

Every evil dictator and group from Saddam to Osama and Al-CIAeda to ISUS has been an ally of or supported by Western intelligence.

From funding the radical religious schools in Pakistan to providing Afghani children with text books teaching them to count using pictures of bombs and tanks.

Even the Muslim Brotherhood was no exception.

The West needs a constant enemy to justify insane amounts of spending on the Military Industrial Complex. It also allows them to spy on everyone in the name of "security".

And these "refugees" are very suspect. At one point, Cuba was allowed to send its "political prisoners" to the US. Turned out that these asylum seekers were actually convicted criminals. Castro emptied his jails right into the US.

I cant help but to think that something similar is going on with these European "refugees".

So no, its no surprise. Not only have TPTB been lenient, theyve had a direct hand in encouraging and promoting the extremism.

So tired of this BS.

edit on 31-1-2016 by gladtobehere because: typo

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

I do think we are coming to the crunch with the world's financial situation and this is the best way to spur everyone's attention away by deliberately causing chaos. These immigrants didn't suddenly wake up and think woopeedo I am off to Europe - something triggered their exodus and as you say every warmongering group has been funded by the West.

Syria has been deliberately destroyed along with Iraq and Libya and also Afghanistan didn't have a chance with all its invaders and their various forces.

There is something completely mechanical like clockwork on the timing of all of this and the hoards of vicious men so degenerate one wonders how they survived in their own countries without Fathers, and family of their victims killing them off individually - funny how we have then en masse.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   
All Muslims are NOT extremists. Whatever expert that is, is not an expert. this thread tells me something about the OP, though.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7
a reply to: gladtobehere

I do think we are coming to the crunch with the world's financial situation and this is the best way to spur everyone's attention away by deliberately causing chaos. These immigrants didn't suddenly wake up and think woopeedo I am off to Europe - something triggered their exodus and as you say every warmongering group has been funded by the West.

No, they didn't. A war that decimated their country did.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Must there be a thread like this every day? It doesn't change the answer from day to day.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
All Muslims are NOT extremists. Whatever expert that is, is not an expert. this thread tells me something about the OP, though.

If Sheikh Adel Al-Kilbani, former Imam of the Grand Mosque in Mecca isn't an expert on Islam, who would ever be an expert on Islam?

Do you realize what the Grand Mosque in Mecca is?

Religious significance
The importance of the mosque is twofold. It serves as the common direction towards which Muslims pray, and is the primary destination for pilgrimages.
Great Mosque of Mecca

Apparently you have no conception of how important it is for Muslims.

The Haram is the focal point of the Hajj and Umrah pilgrimages[13] that occur in the month of Dhu al-Hijjah in the Islamic calendar and at any time of the year, respectively. The Hajj pilgrimage is one of the Pillars of Islam, required of all able-bodied Muslims who can afford the trip. In recent times, over 5 million Muslims perform the Hajj every year.[14]
Great Mosque of Mecca

You can't just claim the former Imam of the Grand Mosque in Mecca is not an expert on Islam because you don't like his views.

Again, if he isn't an expert on Islam, who would ever be an expert on Islam?

www.youtube.com...

edit on 31-1-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

If Sheikh Adel Al-Kilbani, former Imam of the Grand Mosque in Mecca isn't an expert on Islam, who would ever be an expert on Islam? Do you realize what the Grand Mosque in Mecca is?

I would say he was the expert of experts on the subject. It i not a question whether or not all followers of Islam are extremists though.It is a matter of how each group follows and interprets the religious texts. Just as you have many diverse groups within Christianity so you do with Muslims as well.That is the issue with the ME. Radical groups spring up that believe they are the only true followers.And of course want to subjugate and punish all others including other Muslims.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Wait a second, if you're going to talk about Mecca, then get your facts straight. Mecca houses the Grand Mosque and the Kaaba. All Muslims pray towards the Kaaba, as is mandated in the Qur'an. That part is correct.

But the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is a new country that isn't even 100 years old (founded in 1932). It's literally "the Saud's Arabland", as the Saud royal family conquered & controls it. They literally conquered the holy cities of Mecca & Medina. The Saud's follow a hardcore extremist denomination called Wahhabism, which is the same denomination Qatar, ISIS, Bin Laden, Boko Haram, the Taliban, and many more "rebel groups" like al-Nusra follow. They do not speak for the rest of Islam, as Wahhabis make up a small percentage of Muslims and the biggest victims in the revolts & attacks are other Muslims. The only 3 influences the Saudis have over the Islamic world are because of their location, their petrodollars, and their massive alliances with the West.

Using Saudi "leaders" as your example is literally no different than me pointing to the 99 year reign of the Catholic "Kingdom of Jerusalem" from the 1st Crusade. The Catholics, like the Saudis, took over an Abrahamic religion's holiest city. The Catholics, like the Saudis, had the military backing of some of Europe's greatest militaries to aid in their conquest. The Catholics in the holy city, like the Saudis in Mecca & Medina, then proclaimed themselves as leaders of their respective religions, all while looting and altering the holy city's infrastructure. But just because they conquered a city doesn't make them the leaders of the religions.

So yeah, that Imam may be an expert in Wahhabi Islam. But that means nothing to non-Wahhabi Muslims. And more than 90% of Muslims aren't Wahhabis, so what does that tell you? FYI, Wahhabi Islam is a relatively new denomination that's only been around since the 1700s. Muslims will always strive to pray towards the Kaaba because the Qur'an tells us to. Even if 99.999% of the world's population disappeared overnight, the surviving Muslims would still pray towards the Kaaba if we could figure out its location. The Saudi regime & their handpicked "religious leaders" have nothing to do with it.

Though you're right on something in the OP. The West is lenient towards Wahhabi radicalism as long as it can be used as proxy fighters. That's because of their massive petrodollar alliance w/the Saudi-led GCC, the GCC's investments in the West, and the lucrative defense contracts going to the GCC countries. Plus, the Wahhabi radicals play the role of the "boots on the ground" in military conflicts that the West & Israel don't want to personally occupy. Libya, Chechnya, and the Russian-Afghan War are 3 examples of that.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Must there be a thread like this every day? It doesn't change the answer from day to day.

Agreed. Conditioning is an ongoing process. The west is "soft on Islam" , lol.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

People have short attention spans. A lot of people need constant reminders of why they should hate the latest bogeyman. That makes it easier for voters to accept cuts to vital social programs while simultaneously supporting new defense contracts. It also gives citizens a scapegoat to divert their attention away from domestic & personal problems.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
It's tolerated because it's not Christianity. We currently live in a world where anything un-Christian is cool, and anything perceived to be in opposition to it is automatically promoted.

What many Western (or "westernized") Muslims don't realize is that when they're done destroying Christendom, they'll come for you next. They are using your religion as a chess piece in a global war of spiritual attrition, with the aim of eventually replacing all religions with their own:

Statist-humanism.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

I am not a bit surprised everybody seems to bend over backwards into appeasing
the muslim community.We all see atrocities being done in the name of islam but
can't really say anything.We don't want to be charged with hate crimes and labeled
an islamaphobe.
I am sure there are plenty of really nice muslims out there but we hear more about
the radical ones then the other.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

LOL The West has been at war with Islamic countries for decades. And the vast majority of the dead and wounded in those wars are Muslim civilians. Afghanistan, Yemen, Libya, Somalia, Syria, Iraq, and Pakistan are all Muslim countries that the US has directly attacked just since President Obama's been in office. And then there's the French military attacks in Mali, the Western sanctions and near war with Iran, and the Western equipped Israeli war against the Palestinians. The only reason Muslims like myself are "tolerated" in the West is because most Western countries have "freedom of religion" policies. And that's a good thing.

Though if you really think the Western nations have an anti-Christian bias, whose fault is that? Western countries are still Christian majority nations. The vast majority of business, political, and social leaders in the US are Christians. And this is true at the local, State, and federal levels. So if Christian majority nations supposedly have an anti-Christian bias, what are their majority Christian political leaders, business leaders, and social leaders doing about it?

Don't scapegoat us for stuff like the global Catholic Church pedophilia scandal, the rise of atheism, and the low birth rates in Western countries. Those contribute far more to the decline in Christianity's influence than anything we could ever do.

And let's not forget that even though the majority of Christians are good people, the majority of Christians that get widespread press coverage are for negative purposes. This is the same treatment Islam gets. If 1,000 Christians or Muslims are preaching for peace, the media will focus on the 5 who advocate for war. And if 1,000 Christians or Muslims refuse to have any form of sex outside of marriage, the media will focus on the 5 who commit rapes, child rapes, or the such. Don't blame us because you're too narrow minded to look at the big picture and the overall stats.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

I am not a bit surprised everybody seems to bend over backwards into appeasing
the muslim community.We all see atrocities being done in the name of islam but
can't really say anything.We don't want to be charged with hate crimes and labeled
an islamaphobe.
I am sure there are plenty of really nice muslims out there but we hear more about the radical ones then the other.

And that's the problem. You focus on the few negatives instead of the many positives. There are at least 6 million Muslims in the US right now. And if even one tenth of the propaganda was true, there would be Islamic motivated suicide bombings, acid attacks, IEDs on highways, and armed takeovers every single day in America. But there aren't. That's simply a fact.

It's not our fault that the media you pay attention too highlights every negative thing attributed to a Muslim, while ignoring all of the positive things done by Muslims.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

You seem to think I'm blaming Muslims for something?

I'm not. If you read my post again, you'll see it is "they" (TPTB) I fault for pitting one group against the other.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

You seem to think I'm blaming Muslims for something?

I'm not. If you read my post again, you'll see it is "they" (TPTB) I fault for pitting one group against the other.

I responded to this part of your post:

What many Western (or "westernized") Muslims don't realize is that when they're done destroying Christendom, they'll come for you next. They are using your religion as a chess piece in a global war of spiritual attrition, with the aim of eventually replacing all religions with their own:

I was pointing out that we're under no delusions that somehow "they" (TPTB) are our allies or aren't already aiming for us. We know full well that "they" are already destroying our brothers and sisters all over the world, which is why I started listing those countries. And "they" (TPTB) didn't seem to have a problem passing all of those anti-Shariah laws over the last few years, either.

I also was pointing out that whether you accept it or not, most of "them" (TPTB) in the Western world are Christians. So if "they" (TPTB) are really destroying Christianity as you say, that means that self proclaimed Christians are destroying Christianity at the local, State, and federal levels. And they're doing it while simultaneously destroying secular Muslim-majority countries around the world.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Something I have found quite interesting is that many people in a discussion target anyone born into the Islamic religion as 'practising Muslims - been the same for a long time with people born Christian where its always assumed that person is awfully committed practising Christian.

I have found a lot of Muslims here are not interesting in galloping down to the mosque and prefer the usual attending when under sufferance in much the same way as many Christians do, they attend on special occasions under family pressure for weddings etc etc.

Despite the numbers and the media pictures of mobs leaving mosques etc an awful lot of people have quietly had enough of religion. Education and scientific discoveries have left blind faith to the mostly ignorant and those who need to have religion as part of their personality/identity.

Religion whatever it is is the velvet glove approach for crowd control and its been the over used tool by those at the top - usually those that should never put their noses into a religious establishment, because its a miracle they don't get it chopped off if God were watching.

Currently Islam is doing the rounds - sure it gets a few converts like any new soap powder and the novelty for some simple young women of getting themselves noticed by wearing islamic garb. But its noticeable that recently when some Imam decided he wanted everyone to leap up to die for his jihad - except him of course who will be sitting safely right out the way like all the frocked and bearded gentlefolk of religion, many stated they were busy going to watch the football or other everyday reasons for not doing their extremist bit. People are moving on. So perhaps those that think islam is the best way to gain their crown control back - could be disappointed.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
Every time I read this board there seems to be new stories about how Muslim extremism is spilling over into civilized countries. I authored a thread about it myself:

Hive Mind Psychology and the Rape of Europe

The topic of this thread is an issue I haven't seen addressed yet:

Let me remind you of a news story that you may have missed:

Why one of the world’s worst human rights offenders is leading a U.N. human rights panel

What does that tell us? Let's consider the kind of 'human rights' available in Saudi Arabia:

Saudi Arabia continued in 2014 to try, convict, and imprison political dissidents and human rights activists solely on account of their peaceful activities. Systematic discrimination against women and religious minorities continued. Authorities failed to enact systematic measures to protect the rights of 9 million foreign workers. As in past years, authorities subjected hundreds of people to unfair trials and arbitrary detention. New anti-terrorism regulations that took effect in 2014 can be used to criminalize almost any form of peaceful criticism of the authorities as terrorism.
www.hrw.org...

I believe as horrifying as the above article is, it's a whitewash:

Sheikh Adel Al-Kilbani, former Imam of the Grand Mosque in Mecca, admitted during a television appearance that ISIS merely shares the same beliefs as all Muslims who embrace what is contained in the Koran.

The cleric goes on to suggest that many Muslims agree with the Salafist philosophy behind ISIS, and that the only disagreement is with the way in which that philosophy is acted out from a public relations perspective.
“We do not criticize the thought on which it is based, such as the concept of apostasy,” states Al-Kilbani, suggesting that executions are justifiable for people who leave Islam, but that the “brutal” way in which ISIS kills people, “ruins our image in front of the world.”
“If we execute them in a way what does not show us in a bad light, then that’s fine,” he adds.
Former Grand Mosque Imam: ISIS Shares the Same Beliefs as Us

Please note: In that expert's opinion, all Muslims are extremists.

I don't think so. They're not only ALLOWED to be part of the United Nations, they're allowed to LEAD a U.N. human rights panel.

Just in case you don't think Saudi Arabia is a haven for Muslim extremism...

Saudi Arabia Grand Mufti: “Nothing Wrong” With Child Brides

Hundreds of Mauritanian women trafficked to Saudi Arabia trapped in 'slavery'

SAUDI OFFERS "CASTRATED AFRICAN SLAVE" FOR SALE ON FACEBOOK

Capital punishment in Saudi Arabia

I reckon your right in your basic premise and you may even be right in the other main point that you make but your basic pemise is also right in another way.

Which small country in the mid east controls the US govt and many other govts around the world? Which country had one of their own people saying in a YT vid that its Isrealies who must lead the change in Norway and that European countries cannot remain the megaliths they once were?

Which country you think would gain the most from the US, Brittan and Europe being over run by Muslims who by and large are regarded as dark skinned compared to Europeans?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join