It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jan 30, 2016 Ongoing Protests of the murder of Lavoy Finicum Burns, Oregon

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

I want to see a picture of the vehicle where all the holes are and how many there are.

Yes. Release the vehicle for public viewing and examination.

I actually find it rather gruesome that the video was released and especially so quickly. But why not the vehicle? Shawna Cox also said they shot it up for several minutes in her statement.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

I could be wrong, check it, but from what I understand, yeah..it was a news chopper..and cops cant demand news not release film
Not a helicopter. Not the news.

The FBI did have a plane in the air, and what I am about to show you is a video from that plane.

media.oregonlive.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

It was an FBI plane. Well, I don't know if that's exactly true. Here's what he said in the press conference:

The FBI did have a plane in the air, and what I am about to show you is a video from that plane.

Remarks by SAC Greg Bretzing at a Press Conference to Address the Ongoing Situation at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: tensetek

And you're just as delusional as those armed protesters. If law enforcement truly wanted to "kill them all," they'd all be dead and there wouldn't be any video whatsoever. They were known to be armed, they had threatened to use deadly force against any LEOs who tried to remove them or impede their cause, they did not follow instructions during the first stop, then they fled and attempted to run through a police roadblock. Actually, they're damn lucky they're not all dead.

Okay buddy, why did they get pulled over in the first place?? A "routine traffic stop" does not say anything about WHY they were pulled over at all because as far as I know you have to be committing a crime or infraction, have a warrant out, driving bad something to get pulled over for.... If they had a reason to pull them over then why not give that reason, why just a "routine traffic stop"??? BS
Also last time I checked their is only one* driver seat in the car so how did "they" run. Then after they execute LaVoy, the next logical step is to let hell loose on the truck right? WTF??? Oh and their is a word for what they did, it's called "entrapment." Here's from a simple google search on the word: "In criminal law, entrapment is a practice whereby a law enforcement agent induces a person to commit a criminal offense that the person would have otherwise been unlikely to commit. It is a conduct that is generally discouraged and thus, in many jurisdictions, is a possible defense against criminal liability." Hmmm a practice whereby law enforcement induces a person to commit a criminal offense... From eyewitness accounts LaVoy was demanding to speak to the Sheriff when he started getting shot, the one who has jurisdiction where they were. Do you all honestly think this is how it would have went down if the Sheriff pulled um over in the first place? I don't buy it. LaVoy was the first casualty of a planned out FBI operation on the people.

If you don't like it being called a "routine" traffic stop, then why don't you quit putting that crap out there! Law enforcement never described it as "routine."

You "patriot" supporters are the only ones using the terminology that you're bitching about being used. Go figure!

And they had multiple reasons to pull them over as others have already stated in this thread.

Not to mention the fact that those dumbass protesters put video of some of the crimes they committed right on the Internet for everyone to see.

To even suggest that stopping them was unjustified is indeed delusional.

All they had to do was to stop the damn car and follow instructions, no one would have gotten hurt. A few arrest maybe, but no deaths.

LaVoy made a choice, law enforcement had anticipated it and was prepared for that choice and now he's dead.

IMO, no one's fault but his own.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: tensetek

I just wanted to be sure you saw this too.

a reply to: Flatfish

You "patriot" supporters are the only ones using the terminology that you're bitching about being used. Go figure!

Realizing that the public did not just pull that terminology out of thin air, I looked for a source. Googling "finicum + routine traffic stop" brought up many references to it being a "routine traffic stop," and especially pointed me towards one source in particular -- Daily Mail in the UK -- who used the title: "Breaking News: Oregon militia member is shot dead as routine traffic stop escalates." The title at the Daily Mail site has since been changed, which is not unusual for the Daily Mail. However, that was the original title and description within the body of the article. Other websites which linked to that article used the title given, which, of course used that terminology.

As well, Fox quoted the Finicum family attorney, Todd McFarlane, as saying, “This wasn’t some kind of routine traffic stop; this was a planned ambush with over 40 vehicles.”

So it was in fact both reported and described as a "routine traffic stop" in news media and websites, especially aggregate news sites where members post links to news all over the web and the world.

The record has been corrected. We all now know and agree this was not a routine traffic stop.
edit on 31-1-2016 by Boadicea because: formatting

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I could be wrong, check it, but from what I understand, yeah..it was a news chopper..and cops cant demand news not release film
Not a helicopter. Not the news.

media.oregonlive.com...

Welp, there it is then...FBI
Illuminati confirmed!!! Bastages know the bundys were hiding Zetans!

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatfish

It does when the people you're expecting to stop are known to be armed and have threatened law enforcement with deadly force if they try to interfere with their protest!

Do you have a source to support this, claim, Flatfish, namely that Mr. Finicum had threatened LEO's with deadly force?

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

threatening them, and saying he will die fighting em...

Do you have a source for evidence supporting your claim that Mr. Finicum had threatened the authorities, and that he "will die fighting em"?

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
So now that we are sure it was an FBI plane which i assume the purpose of this plane if for surveillance, i want to know why the quality of video we have is so poor ????

The FBI can afford a plane they sure as hell can afford an HD recorder,where is the footage from the HD camera ?....

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBadCabbie

threatening them, and saying he will die fighting em...

Do you have a source for evidence supporting your claim that Mr. Finicum had threatened the authorities, and that he "will die fighting em"?

CBS

BURNS, Oregon -- A member of an armed anti-government group who was killed in a traffic stop in Oregon vowed a few weeks ago that he would die before spending his life behind bars.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 02:13 AM
link   

CBS

BURNS, Oregon -- A member of an armed anti-government group who was killed in a traffic stop in Oregon vowed a few weeks ago that he would die before spending his life behind bars.

I see an article attempting to misconstrue what Mr. Finicum actually said. I like how they wrote the headline. Tends to highlight their misconstruction, because as near as I can tell, he never made such a vow. You would think there would be a link to that interview wherein he made that statement, had he actually made it. Of course, he never said that, as far as I can tell. So, can you produce a source that actually substantiates that claim? I am not closed minded to the possibility...

I can point you to several interviews where he states his lack of desire to engage in violence with the authorities.
The Robert LaVoy Finicum Thread
edit on 4-2-2016 by TheBadCabbie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   

CBS

I see an article attempting to misconstrue what Mr. Finicum actually said. I like how they wrote the headline. Tends to highlight their misconstruction, because as near as I can tell, he never made such a vow. You would think there would be a link to that interview wherein he made that statement, had he actually made it. Of course, he never said that, as far as I can tell. So, can you produce a source that actually substantiates that claim? I am not closed minded to the possibility...

I can point you to several interviews where he states his lack of desire to engage in violence with the authorities.
The Robert LaVoy Finicum Thread

You make stupid quotes, its gonna bite you in the ass
You go on federal property with guns and say you've taken it over for political aims, your gonna have a bad day.

They possibly had/have a case in some aspects they are fighting. they should have lawyered up and gone all the way to the supreme court..but instead, these hicks got their guns and posed as some sort of milita segregationist crap. a few slugs in the chest will remind them who is in charge sadly..and good..because they have by doing that, destroyed the credibility of the case they had.

I wont get too much into it, I dont see them as terrorists, I see them on equal grounds as blm protestors..a bunch of morons who rejected using the system in place to get it sorted out and instead are just doing random things with no goal in mind outside of some intangable ideal.

You asked for the quote, I gave you it, you can disagree with what he truely really meant in his mind if you want, but you got what you asked.

Moral of the story, if you slap a lion, expect to become dinner.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   

You go on federal property with guns and say you've taken it over for political aims, your gonna have a bad day.

They possibly had/have a case in some aspects they are fighting. they should have lawyered up and gone all the way to the supreme court..but instead, these hicks got their guns and posed as some sort of milita segregationist crap. a few slugs in the chest will remind them who is in charge sadly..and good..because they have by doing that, destroyed the credibility of the case they had.

I wont get too much into it, I dont see them as terrorists, I see them on equal grounds as blm protestors..a bunch of morons who rejected using the system in place to get it sorted out and instead are just doing random things with no goal in mind outside of some intangable ideal.

You asked for the quote, I gave you it, you can disagree with what he truely really meant in his mind if you want, but you got what you asked.

Understood, but, just to be clear, he didn't actually say those things, did he? At least not in that article, right?

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Understood, but, just to be clear, he didn't actually say those things, did he? At least not in that article, right?

If you google oregon vows die behind bars, you get tons of results from a huge variety of sources all saying the same thing. However, I checked several and nobody is sourcing it , they all point back to his website though in the article eventually which is full of nationalist crap such as what you find here on any given tuesday (cost of freedom and such) so I imagine with a bit of journalistic spinnery it will be easy to track down

So, was the officer in his rights to shoot him up?

Point is, he could have been on his knees with hands held high while screaming slogans of death before prison and he would have been fine, alternatively he could have also been screaming he surrenders and doesn't want to fight..but if you quickly reach into your coat inner pocket..yeah..cops tend to get shooty on that

and that is what *appears* to be the case in the video..running around, cornered, and reaching for something when he is suddenly, violently stopped.

Its sad..I no doubt would have gotten along fine with the guy. reminds me of about 1/2 my family members (southern conservative cowboy type family is the norm in my parts)..but lets not pretend he was just this nonthreatening mouse who was shot in his car gangland style...maybe there is more to the story, and it will come out as investigations complete, but for now, looking like just a unfortunate outcome

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
This reminds me of all of the SovCit cases that go to court, and because the courts get so fed up over stupid little traffic fines, toss the case out and the SovCit's claim victory by obscuring the facts with all sorts of grandiose statements like "ambush" and "assassination" and the like.

While the general sentiment of being aware of the government and making sure that they do not trample all over our rights is a noble one, the other side has to be careful not to stoop to the same fear mongering levels that they claim they are fighting against. What it does is make them look like total looney tunes, and people will not take them seriously because honestly, who's going to take someone that sounds like Alex Jones on crack seriously while they rant about this and that and how evil the gubbment is here in 'Murica.

There is an old saying, there's side A to a story, there's side B to a story and somewhere in the middle you have the truth of the story. People should mind that saying when dealing with a fluid and volatile situation like this one is.

I will leave it there for now, and say for any of my new bovine masters that may be reading, that I welcome my new Cow overlords and will fight for their right to eat grass and pass gas the same as any human.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

If you google oregon vows die behind bars, you get tons of results from a huge variety of sources all saying the same thing. However, I checked several and nobody is sourcing it , they all point back to his website though in the article eventually which is full of nationalist crap such as what you find here on any given tuesday (cost of freedom and such) so I imagine with a bit of journalistic spinnery it will be easy to track down

So, was the officer in his rights to shoot him up?

Point is, he could have been on his knees with hands held high while screaming slogans of death before prison and he would have been fine, alternatively he could have also been screaming he surrenders and doesn't want to fight..but if you quickly reach into your coat inner pocket..yeah..cops tend to get shooty on that

and that is what *appears* to be the case in the video..running around, cornered, and reaching for something when he is suddenly, violently stopped.

Its sad..I no doubt would have gotten along fine with the guy. reminds me of about 1/2 my family members (southern conservative cowboy type family is the norm in my parts)..but lets not pretend he was just this nonthreatening mouse who was shot in his car gangland style...maybe there is more to the story, and it will come out as investigations complete, but for now, looking like just a unfortunate outcome

Responding first to the part I bolded: Not at all. I'm just trying to find this smoking gun statement he supposedly made where he expressed his desire to battle the authorities, and said he'd never be taken alive. I haven't found it. Quite the opposite, in fact. In all of the interviews I've seen and listened to, he clearly stated that he had no desire to battle the authorities, and that he did not want to die.

There's no disputing the fact that these boys were playing a dangerous game. Judging by some of the government's heavy handed actions in the past, you could even say they're lucky they didn't all wind up dead. Was he reaching? Maybe...kinda looks like it. It also looks like he'd already been shot at that point, though. If we are to believe the eyewitness statements, he had certainly already been shot at, and with no provocation(at least not at the first stop, arguable at the second stopping point). He also didn't have a gun in his hand when he was gunned down. Abandoned his cover, had his hands up initially. Not the picture of a man looking to do battle, in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

And, ultimately, neither of us was there, so we're mostly both of us just speculating at this point.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBadCabbie

It was a CBS interview from the site they took over. Where they asked him what he would do if kind of thing. Levoy on thus had so many opportunities to stop before it reached its eventual conclusion. He should have stayed with the jeep and gave himself up when they did. Hr had the initial stop he could have stopped both go through that one. Then the second time they stop the jeep surrenders he runs. Then when he saw the road block could used the brakes instead of the accelarator . and finally once hitting the snow bank he could have stayed in the vehicle and waited for their instructions again he chose not to.

There is such a thing as personal responsibility. Even if you don't agree with the feds plan for arrest you can't place the entire blame on them since the only person that had a choice as to the outcome kept making the wrong choices.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

It was not a simple traffic stop, it was a road block on the second stop an ambush.

Mr. Finicum put his hands and head out the window during the first stop, he was shot at while doing so.

That is why Mr. Finicum drove away, he was trying to save his female passengers from be shot at. The fact is, these cops or who they where, had no intention in a peaceful arrest.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958

It was not a simple traffic stop, it was a road block on the second stop an ambush.

Mr. Finicum put his hands and head out the window during the first stop, he was shot at while doing so.

That is why Mr. Finicum drove away, he was trying to save his female passengers from be shot at. The fact is, these cops or who they where, had no intention in a peaceful arrest.

you were there?
its a pity the cops killed all of them. not sure how you made it out.

I...will wait to hear what the court has to say.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join