It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Broadcasting Legend Sir Terry Wogan has Died aged 77

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Another of our broadcasting titans has passed ,Terry's family have today announced that he has died after a short battle with Cancer.

"Sir Terry Wogan died today after a short but brave battle with cancer.
"He passed away surrounded by his family. While we understand he will be missed by many, the family ask that their privacy is respected at this time."
www.bbc.co.uk...

Terry was a radio presenter , chat show host , game show host , presenter of British coverage of the European song contest until he could take the politics no more and presenter of the Children in Need annual fundraising event since it's inception in 1980 , only missing last years event due to ill health.

RiP Terry , you were fun , you will be sadly missed and fondly remembered.

edit on 31-1-2016 by gortex because: edit to add

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

A friend who had contracted polio as a child and walked with leg callipers fell in a ditch at a country fair. As he struggled around in the stinking mud he looked up and saw a whole line of people rush up then look down disgusted. He said he understood the sight of an overweigh, middle aged man wearing callipers and struggling in stinking mud was a little off-putting, but it hurt him to see those expressions. Only one of the line of people who rushed forward leapt straight into the filth and helped him out. It was Terry. He lived in the village where the fair was held.

Good man Terry.
RIP
edit on 31 1 2016 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Is this the same terry woman who took full wages for the children in need job while everyone else were doing it for charity.

Sad for his friends and family.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: InMyShell
Is this the same terry woman who took full wages for the children in need job while everyone else were doing it for charity.

Sad for his friends and family.

I dunno, why don't you google it? It just seems like a pointless jab in this thread.

RIP

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: InMyShell

He was paid by the BBC not children in need.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Thanks for the story Kester , a good man indeed.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Sad news to awake to this morning.

RIP Sir Terry, you were a Gentleman and a great broadcaster.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   

I'm not British but even I know his name. A big loss for British broadcasting.

I guess he is was on the Jefferson airplane-their founding member passed on as well. I have a theory-I believe all that have passed in the last month were hanging on to see in the new year.

Safe travels old sport.

edit on 31-1-2016 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   
So long Sir Wogan.

Is anyone going to die of a natural old age anymore?

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
So sad about his death. This year was started so bad for celebrities, what do you think ??? Who's next ?

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
double post
edit on 31-1-2016 by slider1982 because: double post

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: MonaMonina

I cannot help but wonder how long is it going to be before we drop the question in when we meet people and ask "what" cancer do you have along with the normal comments about the weather.. Scary stuff..

RIP Wogan

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: InMyShell

a reply to: nonspecific

He was paid by the BBC not children in need.

As stated, Wogan was paid by the BBC, a fee which he never asked for but subsequently donated to charity.

I truly despise the current obsession with 'celebrities' etc but I always got the impression Wogan was a genuinely decent sort of guy.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Well...I have been busy as all heck and just spotted this reviewing the past few days.

What a sad day!

May he find whatever peace is due unto him.

top topics

join