It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Funeral Today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I don't post anything of my personal life online. It's really no ones business. But today I was a little pissed off.

I was offline for about 5 hours on Saturday.

I was attending a funeral. A friend. A vet. Someone who was treated like sh!t at the VA. Someone who died.

Someone who actually gave their life for ideals and what they believed in.

We talk about politicians like they are the second coming. But they aren't.

Ted was a good man who left many behind.

Politicians just talk and are treated like they walk on water. I knew a man who was humble, frail, sincere, and who died.

Don't tell me that Bernie is the effing messiah.
Don't tell me that Trump is for Wounded Warriors.

I didn't see either one of those f#ckers at the funeral.

Today I am going to hate every god damned politician who sits behind armed security and works a desk.

Go pound sand, you assholes.

To all you politicians; you aren't worth the spit he used to shine his boots.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I'd agree but I fear I'd be tarred by the same brush.

My 'active service' never saw a front line.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Did you take the oath? Then you are deserving.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   

A lot of people weren't there. But maybe more should have been.

May Ted rest in peace. May we all remember that there is a man named Ted who served our country, and like many others, was not given the care he deserved by the Veteran's Administration. Let us all tell our Senators that veterans ar e a big priority.

Most of all, Ted, may you be delivered unto the Goddess and live in tranquility and happiness forever.

DBCowboy, I am so very sorry for your loss.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   

"Although no sculptured marble should rise to their memory, nor engraved stone bear record of their deeds, yet will their remembrance be as lasting as the land they honored."

-Daniel Webster

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Thank you for your kind words. I'm slowly getting trashed. One for him (that I'm pouring out), and one for me.

Hoo-ah!

Go Army!

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Not a US one.

And, hey, politicians make promises & take oaths too...

It is walking the talk that is the difference.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Good on ya!

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Not a US one.

And, hey, politicians make promises & take oaths too...

It is walking the talk that is the difference.

It's all right. You know the brotherhood, regardless.

It is about walking the talk.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Thank you for your kind words. I'm slowly getting trashed. One for him (that I'm pouring out), and one for me.

Hoo-ah!

Go Army!

hoo ah!

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

BTW, you are looking quite modular today my dear!

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Care... I know , well, maybe I know or at least feel the understanding that you may have. The fact is, no one gives a flying shiitte. We, us United States Veterans are a proud soul and within us lies the honor of being "we will protect you from the US the enemy" from attack on US soil. But will the people in power that has rule over the US people give a shiitte, NO. I'm up there in age and I know what I'm talking about, they dont give a flying #. PERIOD!
edit on 0100000050402016-01-31T05:40:50-06:00405001am5 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   

I'm sorry for your loss. Given the history of how vets are treated and its well documented; how do people even think of enlisting in this day and age when they see that most reasons for war are not in defence of "our country", but rather for profit. Since the 60's ie the Vietnam War sufficient evidence exists as to how disposable the military are and the lies the politicians use for justification for war.

So they are either massively brainwashed into thinking they are doing it for a noble cause or they do it for the money. Are they any different than a mercenary?

War is a racket.

www.goodreads.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   
You have my deepest sympathy and my prayers for your friend and his family. I know he's being welcomed by a bunch of good folks wherever it is that reunions take place on the other side.
I was at a funeral today too. He wasn't a veteran but he was a public servant. He served in an elected position but it was a non-partisan position. He wanted to be of service to his community but wouldn't cave to the party politics. He had already served his term as an elected official but he was still working just as hard to solve the problems of our community.
The week before Christmas he was in New Orleans (on his own dime) investigating a recycling company that might be able to serve our community's needs. While he was there he was also checking out a couple of free health clinics to see if they had any suggestions about improving our clinic. (Both these efforts are community-run, not government-run.) He began feeling ill and by the time he returned home, he was seriously ill.
He was diagnosed with Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease. Today we said Goodbye.
He wasn't a vet. He never said why, just that he wasn't qualified for service. I suspect it was his eyesight. He was nearly blind until he had eye surgery a few years ago. He was one of the volunteers locally who provide transportation for vets who need to get to the clinics.
Who knows, maybe Ted and Bill are hoisting one together tonight?

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

...and?

Would you have, if fate had been unkind?

No. Your service is neither lessened, nor forgotten. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I'm sorry for your loss.

It's never an easy thing, losing a friend.

Condolences to you, his family, and everyone else in his life.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Would any of us want any politicians at our funerals?

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Too true.

I remember listening to a bunch of local politicians speaking at my brothers Guard units muster the day they left for Iraq...

Speaking of bravery. Commitment. Yadda, yadda, f'n yadda. A disgusting display of [deleted, because I don't need to be banned.] that I've ever seen.

I came very close to standing up and shouting "Shut the Hell up, none of you have family in this unit, we're not here to hear you, we're here for them...", only my sisters on either side kept me from doing it. That, and it was my brothers moment, not mine.

I hate these "heroic" politicians. The vast majority of whom have never, and would have never, served.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   
So many losses this year by so many people. I am sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. May he rest in peace and forever be honored.

top topics

join