It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian Refugee Facebook Challenge!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   
This came across my facebook thingy a while ago. Thought I would share (didn't see any reference to it here as of yet...).

I for one will not be participating in this challenge...

For those that cannot watch the vid, basically this guy is proposing a new facebook challenge (he uses examples like the ice bucket thing, the coke bottle thing etc...).

His challenge to you, the American taxpayer, is give asylum of your home to incoming Syrian refugees. So that we, the rest of the taxpayers, don't have to foot the bill.

Naa...I will pass on this facebook challenge, just as I did all of the other ones...

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I feel the same way.

You want us to open our doors to these refugees?

Charity starts at home, buddy.

When it's put up or shut up time, people get real quiet.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: edaced4

How about we just go in, occupy some land over there, make safe zones and begin building , and in 100 years maybe we can blend cultures, now is not the time; and for the sake of humanity let's destroy Isis and groups like them, and reform the deeper motivations that spawn these idiots.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

As long as we're making safe zones, let's make room for the BLM there.

Is that still a thing?

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Yea man, I can feel that as being effective. But I am tired of our forces doing it all! The Russians seem willing to help. Maybe we can work together through some mutual pact, because UN mandates blow sometimes. In some places in the world UN peacekeepers are ordered to stand down and do nothing when people are under attack unless they are being directly threatened. That would defeat the whole purpose.

But I like what your pitching, and believe with teamwork we can get it done.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

I think the American public has mostly moved on from BLM. It has gotten a lot of convictions over the last 2 years though. Now its time to start some reforms.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

Wrong BLM.

the one that demanded "safe zones".

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   

This I don't know..Facebook Person, Youtube person...why is he getting airtime on ATS?

And liberal ideals are somehow tied to me, personally, asking refugees to live in my home? This guy is crazy.

They would still have to conform to laws and rules..he sounds like he is on crack.

edit on 31-1-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

This I don't know..Facebook Person, Youtube person...why is he getting airtime on ATS?

because this: www.abovetopsecret.com...

And because this challenge is a "real thing" ...is something...

And liberal ideals are somehow tied to me, personally, asking refugees to live in my home? This guy is crazy.

Only mention of "liberal" in this video is at about 2:25...where he says Bleeding heart liberals

They would still have to conform to laws and rules..he sounds like he is on crack.

Problem here is that they don't seem to..."conform to laws and rules"...

edit on 31-1-2016 by edaced4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Why shouldn´t he ? He is american so actually what he is suggesting is allready happening in European countries.
Refugees welcome webpage in Finland
Not sure how successful the idea is as government is also planning and looking at forced approaches to do that.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

"Not sure how successful the idea is as government is also planning and looking at forced approaches to do that."

Excuse me.........government is looking at "forced" approaches to do that??????
Forced approaches to do WHAT???????

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: edaced4
His challenge to you, the American taxpayer, is give asylum of your home to incoming Syrian refugees. So that we, the rest of the taxpayers, don't have to foot the bill.

Naa...I will pass on this facebook challenge, just as I did all of the other ones...

I'll do it under one condition: that man pays for my portion of taxes that fund our military (about 50%).

If everybody just wanted to pay their own way without contributing to a pool which funds a collective will, then we may as well move to Somalia.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

no, I knew you were speaking of Black Lives Matter, and it is not in any headlines for weeks at a time anymore. When I said convictions, notice police all over the country are starting to be held accountable for their executions, and I believe that BLM played a part in that, if only very minor nonetheless.

Back on topic though, hell no I wont host any Syrian refugees, # that #. I wanted no part of Syria, and never supported it. However, I firmly believe it is time to recommit full time and all out on the Afghanistan front and outright conquer the Taliban with fire and brimstone. Syria was only good for a pipeline and trading route. Afghanistan is an honest to God bonanza of riches in rare earths and other minerals. This is key if we are to maintain a hedge against the Chinese monopoly on REM to continue our consumer electronics revolution, as well as the advent of our robotic military and finally disconnect the tactical foot soldier robots from their umbilical cords/power source cables.

Now if we want to start a campaign to host Afghan refugees from that conquest, I will play ball because that is a battle for the Empire I can get behind. The world really IS as simple as a game of Sid Meyers Civilization, because that is what it really is.

new topics

top topics

join