It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why must people say it?!?!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Some people call me Maurice...

But that's just weird!

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird
My thoughts exactly lol.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

It's the pompatus, don't ya know?

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut
You're such a space cowboy. A real joker.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

You suffer from what I call "Hatred of Catch Phrased Horsecrap and Abbreviations of the Same" or "HOC PHATS."

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

But that's just weird!

Without shaking your tree too much,

Happy Birthday.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6
Why did I have to read this? I just laughed so hard my ribs hurt.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Yes, now let me tell you what works for me.......

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Thank you!

I get my lovin' on the run...

Cause I'm right here, right here, right here, right here at home.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

You suffer from what I call "Hatred of Catch Phrased Horsecrap and Abbreviations of the Same" or "HOC PHATS."

. . . . . and so it begins. . . . .

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

...I see you're familiar with my work....
It is the "Burd Usually Takes it Too Far and Causes Exasperation" effect also known as the "BUTTFACE Factor as seen all over ATS.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

hahahahahahaha

I suffer from "I'm Really Only Negative Yesterday"

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147
I don't know why, but whenever anyone says this one thing, and I really mean anyone, I just can't help but cringe!

It could be a person I have deep respect for, it could be in a book, it could be a renowned scientists just coining this new phrase, but whenever some explains something and says "I called it [random made up title/phrase[random made up title/phrase]" or "I call myself a [random made up title/phrase]" I just lose it every time (silently, in my mind)

I call that tick "Intrinsic Perceptivable Arrogancy Vigilence", or "iPav" for short.

(That was actually really difficult for me to write, even as I wrote it i was cringing)

Even if the action doesn't stem from arrogance at all, it just feels pompous and self-entitled.

Does anyone else feel this way about that? or have I just gone socially insane?

Also, What random things that people say really bug you for whatever reason?
because they can't do it. I'm they guy that makes # happen whether you like it or not. Of any of you could make # happen then you wouldn't have anything bad to say about me because I'm only arrogant and combative toward cowards.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   

I call myself a magician. I do that because it makes me member of a cool group. I call this identification.
I call you ghost147. I do because you called yourself like that. I call that also identification.

I call that tick "Intrinsic Perceptivable Arrogancy Vigilence", or "iPav" for short.

Funny you do what you hate. I like rants...

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

I call myself a magician. I do that because it makes me member of a cool group. I call this identification.
I call you ghost147. I do because you called yourself like that. I call that also identification.

Funny you do what you hate. I like rants...
you know I really don't give a # right. I don't know what made y'all care so much.
edit on 31-1-2016 by Godthief because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

But that's just weird!

some people say I'm crazy because I throw rocks at bird's and scream "bird's don't fly at night!" all night.
edit on 31-1-2016 by Godthief because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147
I don't know why, but whenever anyone says this one thing, and I really mean anyone, I just can't help but cringe!

It could be a person I have deep respect for, it could be in a book, it could be a renowned scientists just coining this new phrase, but whenever some explains something and says "I called it [random made up title/phrase[random made up title/phrase]" or "I call myself a [random made up title/phrase]" I just lose it every time (silently, in my mind)

(That was actually really difficult for me to write, even as I wrote it i was cringing)

Even if the action doesn't stem from arrogance at all, it just feels pompous and self-entitled.

Does anyone else feel this way about that? or have I just gone socially insane?

Also, What random things that people say really bug you for whatever reason?

I've always regarded it as some kinds of self aggrandisement but then not everybody has the next level of writing skills that would enable them to put the same thing a different way so that it does not sound like it does. It may also be a simple case of habit of which they do not see an issue with and that's something we may all be guilty of.

I see a number of such expressions used on this forum but some of them are merely accepted parlance in the country from which the writer comes. E.g, 'what say you' is uniquely American but it makes me wince.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join