It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How easily we are manipulated

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Debate is dying down- replaced by cyber stone throwing and hysteria.
Any issue, every issue, of importance has people yelling over their social media without anyone bothering to fix root causes.
Our own presidential elections- they have become puppet shows.

They have opinion makers and leaders on each side, supplying a few critical flashpoint incidents to create argument.
So, when creating propaganda, you try and create your own rebellion, to give natural born rebels the illusion of control.
That way, you secretly control both sides by creating an artificial war that hides away the main issue
The average joe has 3 seconds of time to devote to a given subject.

They create artifacts- image based, that will help shape that opinion
They bury hidden messages in inconsequential jokes.
They create artificial communities that recreate the rebel/majority fight across different issues.......

As a society, we're basically begging for somebody to do our thinking for us!
As long as there's a vacuum of curiosity, there will be someone more than happy to fill in the blanks for us.

The evidence for 9/11-Truth was obviously left behind on purpose (WTC7 in broad daylight, tiny initial hole in the side of the Pentagon, the Operation Northwood's papers being "mistakenly released").
And people are supposed to see that the evidence was left behind on purpose.

Yet, most people believe the official story despite the fact that the government made it obvious not only that the buildings collapsed from controlled demolition, but also that the evidence for this was obviously left behind on purpose.

Even conspiracy theorists have a hard time with this obvious fact.
They leave behind the evidence on purpose, they make it obvious that they left behind the evidence on purpose, AND MOST PEOPLE STILL BELIEVE THE OFFICIAL STORY.

Others, among you, will continue to roam the internet, helplessly addicted to your morning shots of email and memes and in jokes and twitter debates.
Never conscious of how easily you’re manipulated by an army of scientists, marketers and engineers.
Never bothering to think more than 3 seconds before shouting your opinion- which will basically be you parroting the opinion of the people you find coolest.

Its too obvious.
Its intentional.
Your opinion is non original.....the fact that is a bit hidden from the average reader enforces its power.

Trust me, there's no way to not to be influenced by others.
Evan this wall text I created was from something I read.....My opinion is not better than anyone else's

Millions and millions. A tidal wave of voices. All of which use sound bites as their opinion
This is all talk and no results. they can control the masses this way.
Example....
A debate that will rage on forever with hardly any change happening.
This lack of change, in the end, will be advantageous to marketers in all sorts of industries, from women's fashion, to automobiles, to movies, to guns
We the people just have to keep up with technology, we need the whistleblowers and the investigative journalists .
We are fortunate enough to have an outlet like the internet which is still free enough to give any individual the power to work against corruption

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
OP aside, the irony of the thread title side by side to your avatar name is priceless. Made in the USA is most certainly a form of manipulation. As you say at the end of your OP, marketing and such.

On a serious note, your OP doesn't even scratch the surface of how, why and to what extent "we" are manipulated. Well beyond our perceptions and perceived history, our entire reality isn't what we think it is.

*shudders* at the thought. Mufasa.
edit on 30-1-2016 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: RosinitiateDon’t forget that the military invented the internet.
Peace would just create a bunch of dangerous competition..........lol

If America wants to control the world, it has to control the world’s opinions, not its oil supply.
A piece of content that spreads like a virus from user to user, changing along the way, till its instantly recognized across languages and cultures.”
edit on 30-1-2016 by madenusa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: madenusa
a reply to: RosinitiateDon’t forget that the military invented the internet.
Peace would just create a bunch of dangerous competition..........lol

If America wants to control the world, it has to control the world’s opinions, not its oil supply.
A piece of content that spreads like a virus from user to user, changing along the way, till its instantly recognized across languages and cultures.”

I posted this thread on "social issues and civil unrest" took along time to think this out I wasn't ranting....lol

How easily we are manipulated

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: madenusa

Debate is dying down- replaced by cyber stone throwing and hysteria.
Any issue, every issue, of importance has people yelling over their social media without anyone bothering to fix root causes.
Our own presidential elections- they have become puppet shows.

The breakdown happens when ideals (mostly political) shatter into pieces.

Partisan failures don't help either.

It's like people are experiencing all 5 stages of grief simultaneously.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Don't forget the whole flat earth thing. Talk about manipulation.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
If you're interested where it all began,

Propaganda by Edward Bernays

Very good read, I know technology has changed since this book was written, but the basic principles are outlined.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor
If you're interested where it all began,

Propaganda by Edward Bernays

Very good read, I know technology has changed since this book was written, but the basic principles are outlined.

Thank you ill read it looks interesting ........If the opinion of the masses is strong enough, it can break even the most powerful empires.
Which is why one of the first thing governments do, is invest in figuring out how to shape opinions
edit on 30-1-2016 by madenusa because: thanks

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: madenusa

Too easily.. Deny ignorance and fight the good fight

From what I learned this is the only trusted cyber community

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: refined
I posted this thread on "social issues and civil unrest" took along time to think this out I wasn't ranting....lol
ATS has been very educational over the years

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I know darlin .. supporting your rant
More people like you world would be a better place

edit on 30-1-2016 by refined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: refined

I know darlin .. supporting your rant
More people like you world would be a better place

There was some laughter.......

new topics

top topics

join