It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

## IMPORTANT: SERVER TRANSITION SUNDAY 1-9-2005 ##

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The new server is nearly ready to being accepting the transition. At some point tomorrow (Sunday, January 9th), the board will be disabled for up to 3 hours. During this time, the database will be moved to the new server. After the data is installed and tested, the transition will begin. Each of the three boards, ATSNN, and TerrorAnalsis will be accessed via the new server on Sunday. Until DNS changes propagate, requests for each of the five sites will be automatically redirected to the new server via five new unique IP address. All members will be required to sign-in with your username and password on the new server. This is a good time to make sure you know your current ATS password. More updates as the transition draws closer.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
It'll be a good day to take my wife shopping. Thank God for Sunday shopping (heh heh).
I noticed one comment on the boards about someone who hasn't logged off since 2003...so you might want to see this message get bumped a few times tonight.
Looking forward to Sunday nite...hope all goes well.

masqua

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Love the website and hope it continues to grow. Thanks!

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
All sounds well and good, SO!

Hope everything goes good and fast...

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
This server switching will get rid of the "high traffic / low-bandwidth" problem, right?

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I hope the transition goes smoothely, I still remember another board I used to frequent and a supposed couple hours downtime, turned into a couple weeks.....eeeek.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I just went to check I had my password written down -- although I should remember it as I just did a kill cookies and had a heck of a time getting back in about a week ago.

Hope everything goes smoothly for you -- and can't wait to be up and running again.

rho

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
wouldn't forget it for the world.

*bump*

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Great site and greater work

"I just wanna wish you good luck, we're all counting on you..."

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
*bump* for the newbies

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Uh, what do you do if you can't remember your password? I think I remember it, but I use like, 12 different passwords for just incase one is found out the person can't access all my stuff. Oh well, g/l with the new server.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
THREE hours, OMG!! *shakes* *twitches*

Just kidding. Good luck, SO....I hope the transitions runs smoothly.

Yep, I'm sure gonna miss
Due to high traffic, ATS is functioning in low-bandwidth/low-impact mode. Some features are disabled.

[edit on 8-1-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   
*Bump*

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
No more Due to high traffic, ATS is functioning in low-bandwidth/low-impact mode. Some features are disabled.
Woohooooooooo....!!!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Three hours, are you people insane!!!!!!!

What I am to do for three hours? without ATS??????

I need some Prozac, that is what I need for threee hoursss. Or a shot of something.

E_T

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
Yep, I'm sure gonna miss
Due to high traffic, ATS is functioning in low-bandwidth/low-impact mode. Some features are disabled.
That's nothing...

After Finland's biggest ISP bought the biggest Finnish language PC forum/hardware site forum's search was disabled temporarily because they told it caused too much server load. (funnily it worked well when site was run by its creator and PC hobbyist)
Well... to put it short, now Mr. Sam Earch has been on temporary vacation for over 4 years!

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Three hours, are you people insane!!!!!!!

What happens if theres a problem and its more

*curls into defensive position and cries*

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 07:28 AM
link   
What time is the three hour delay spose to take place SO?

[edit on 9-1-2005 by ShadowMan]

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Good luck with the transfer!!, and I do have my password down some where, but i'll double check it before i leave for work today!!

I can't wait to get home and see what ATS looks like running off its new server!

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Uh, what do you do if you can't remember your password? I think I remember it, but I use like, 12 different passwords for just incase one is found out the person can't access all my stuff. Oh well, g/l with the new server.

I would click forgot password and have it re sent to you via e mail, OR

you could go to control panal (top right of page) and insert a new pass word.

So 1, control panal
2, Edit profile
3. write in new pass word
4. click edit profile, then your done

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join