It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Final poll released before Iowa caucus.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Source .

On the Republican side, Trump leads with 28% then Cruz with 23%, Rubio with 15%, Carson with 10% and Dr. Rand Paul with 5%.

Here is what could change the results, 45% of caucus goers (which is a high number) say that they could be persuaded to change their votes and 9% of them still haven't made up their minds.

Things could change quickly for candidates who make last minute headlines or who have a good "ground game" in Iowa like Rand Paul.

On the Democratic side, Clinton leads Sanders 45% to 42%, two candidates who are essentially identical, voting the same way 93% of the time.

edit on 30-1-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

On the Democratic side, Clinton leads Sanders 45% to 42%, two candidates who are essentially identical, voting the same way 93% of the time.

Except on major issues, which is clearly pointed out to you in the thread you reference.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Yeah buddy! Trump FTW. Bomb the terrorists

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I'm curious to see whether all Trump's hoopla translates to actual votes.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Ya polls are one thing, people actually going out and voting is another.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
It won't be long now and you will,

Feel the Bern!

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
I'm curious to see whether all Trump's hoopla translates to actual votes.

Yes, I believe Trump's supporters will show-up in force. The GOP is scared out of their damned minds and the Dems are happy no matter whom wins the DNC nomination, even though they are behind Hillary. They expect Trump to win and it appears, according to the polls, both Clinton and Sanders can beat Trump.

Monday is going to be an interesting day. If Sanders and Trump can win this caucus, I believe they will begin to snowball support from other candidates/independents.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

tee-hee on the avy. Cute cute cute.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Bernie vs Trump would be a win-win situation.

Either one would bring real (but completely different) change.

Feel the Berntrump!

#feeltheberntrump

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Right? It was done by Ghost over in the thread. BFFT gave a great dragon one too, gonna alternate with this one for a bit.

link   

Clearly some of the caucusgoers polled have been living in a bubble - how in the hell can Hillary be ahead of Sanders? All this does is reinforce to me that some folks are deluded and vote based on name and not policy or action.

She shouldn't even be allowed to run for candidacy given that the FBI are investigating her ineptness to correctly deal with (what is now) highly classified government documents when she was Secretary of State.

Sometimes you yanks amaze me, I swear, if she gets the nomination ahead of Bernie, you're off my bloody Christmas card list.

And as for Trump, he's the political version of Ace Ventura - funny, loud, in-your-face but ultimately a goof.

link   

It doesn't mater who wins. Haven't you figured that out yet?

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

It's not really an accurate summation of a comparison of the two (Bernie and Hillary) to simply say that they voted in accordance 93%. What were the Bills they were voting on? Noting the differences of that 7% spells out quite a vast difference between them.

Also you should note (since you referenced it so pointedly in the thread you linked) Bernie voted yes on Rand Paul's most recent Audit the Fed Bill. The previous version was not a course Bernie agreed with. This one he did. He didn't "sell out" to banks he stood firm on his approach to deal with them and the Fed. Do you see anywhere in his a donation record that indicates a selling out? Nope.

Also, 45-42% is within the margin of error (4pts).

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Are you seriously saying Clinton and Sanders are nearly identical?

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Are you seriously saying Clinton and Sanders are nearly identical?

Thats crazy talk, Hilary has more hair.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Sadly and shockingly, I think he will get it and the nomination.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Is he waiting for a human to pop out?

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
How can hillary still have people willing to vote for here. Baffles the mind.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Part of me hopes that Hillary runs with it.

Then the liberals will HAVE to support her and THAT will be "Hill"arious!

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

Haha yes! And it's so damn close that it's not going to hurt Bernie if he doesn't win Iowa, it could however hurt Hillary if she loses. With 2 wins under Bernie's belt (New Hampshire is next where as you know he is ahead by miles) could sway momentum for Bernie which he is already on a very long surge that doesn't seem to be dying down at all.

He's already pretty much got Michigan and is surging in Wisconsin, Nevada and South Carolina. Another huge thing is that major black activists are starting to endorse Bernie. The "black vote" was Bernie's biggest demographic deficit against Hillary, we'll have to see how that one plays out.

My excitement is getting hard to contain! Though I'm extremely nervous too! I'm going to burst!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join