It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lochness Monster Theory

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Scotland has Nessie, Lake Champlain(USA) has Champ, now there's sightings in the Great lakes. Either it is a ploy to harvest tourist bucks, or these things exist and migrate, like some pelagic species.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Somebody mentioned divers earlier...
As a diver, I have heard the the Loch has absolutly horrid visability. Meaning, Nessie would literally have to go a few feet in front of you to see. In water like that photography would also be a pain. My camera is mediocre in quality, and wouldn't be able to take anything in low light, mucky water like that.

Isn't there some kind of heat signature readings they could do though?

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   
They have spent all this time using boats, subs and video surveilance trying get a handle on what it is.

What if the creatures live on land, as there was a major sighting a while ago where the creature crossed in front of a husband and wife while driving along Lochness.

Same thing for the Lake Champlain Monster.

Dallas

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I'm going to wager a bet that Nessie is one of those alleged Aquatic type dragons the Animal Planet special will be talking about. I believe there are underwater cavers in Loch Ness. Am I correct? That would be a perfect hiding spot for a large, aquatic lizard.

[edit on 14-3-2005 by Reptilian_Queen]

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Loch Ness was always destined to have a monster in it.
St. Columbus scared the beastie after it savaged a villager.
It retreated back into loch 'as if pulled by ropes', a curious statemnet.

The water bailiff, a 'folksey' old man, used to spin yarns to the occasional
visitor and after the blasting to create the new road in the late 50's, the
reports increased of splashes and strange shapes seen on the surface.

I have stayed at the loch side many times and I have never seen anything unusual.
That doesn't mean anything... I never saw an eel that uses the loch, I never saw a
Loon or diver that sometimes rest there and I have never seen a seal that sometimes
comes in down the river Ness.
I believe that a vast amount of water, weather conditions that can change within minutes and a wishing for something magical, may assist in creating that elusive aquatic monster of Loch Ness.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join