It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Reactionn To Colorado Pot laws in the Offing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

The Feds are scrounging around for support and reasons they can shut Colorados more logical approach to Marijuana use .
The groundswell hasn't been worked up to fever pitch yet, but they are working on it.

I think we are going to see further propaganda to the effect of giving the Feds a reason for action on the issue.....
The article is short so no snippet....
But I detect the ponderous forces of the Feds gearing up the scenario so they can have an ostensible reason to act.....
They have proven themselves to be liars and guilty of propaganda against MJ since 1936......

If they can drum up support from any other agency or government (state) they will create their own reasons for shutting Colorado down.

I wonder when the people will realize that the government is applying social engineering, and psychological techniques, developed by MK Ultra and psychologists to the brains of the populace regularly.......
edit on 30-1-2016 by bandersnatch because: (no reason given)

TBH....I think Pot is a potent deprogramming tool they wish to destroy by any means possible....

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Oh good that will piss off a lot of people.

Do they want a civil war?

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: bandersnatch

It's all just professional jealousy you know.

An investigation by Associated Press finds criminal cartels akin to those in Mexico are growing weed among Colorado’s sanctioned pot warehouses and farms and then shipping the product wholesale to other states, “pocketing millions of dollars from the sale.”

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Oh good that will piss off a lot of people.

Do they want a civil war?

Isn't it obvious?

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

With the billions of rounds of ammo and the weapons they have armed most branches of government with.....what do YOU think....
I think they are confident they can win one....

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

No, they'll raid and charge people and test the waters. I have a feeling it will end up much like it does in California, a waste of time and money because the cases almost always end up with an acquittal. Unless the Feds have real reason to believe that a dispensary is violating federal law you hardly ever see "this dispensary was raided today" headlines.

The main issue is the DEA, if they were to legalize it at the federal level that's close to half their budget being cut.
edit on 30-1-2016 by gpols because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: gpols

Or you get a case like here in Cali where police officers own most of the shops.

Wouldn't that be weird?

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Well, if it's a cop owned operation at least they'll never have to be worried about being raided.

They tolerate the negatives with the legalization of alcohol i.e. underage drinking, drinking and driving, etc. The only reason logical reason I can see for it not to be legalized national is the sheer amount of resources that go to policing a plant.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I cant see why they wouldn't be pleased to get out of the Mj
busting business, and get on with real law enforcement problems....legalization would free them up to solve bigger more pressing problems....
I think they'll miss busting pacifistic potheads compared to chasing real criminal psychos who might actually shoot back...

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
This will likely end with a SCOTUS case testing just how extensive Congressional authority is under the Interstate Commerce clause. I'm not sure DC wants that case heard... if it doesn't go their way, all federal laws regarding any local illicit drug sale, possession, and use go out the window alongside federal laws making pot illegal.

Historically, our lawmakers understood this. Prohibition of alcohol was enacted under a Constitutional amendment because Congress knew a simple federal law would immediately be seen as unconstitutional and thrown out. There's never been any amendment prohibiting any drugs... thus, probably not a winnable case if the SCOTUS isn't entirely compromised and controlled.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

The article is absurd. Drug cartels are taking over some (probably a very small portion) of the dispensaries so we need to shut it all down!?

What is the percentage of cartel connection to illegal marijuana trade and how has legalization diminished legal trade?

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

TBH....I think Pot is a potent deprogramming tool they wish to destroy by any means possible....

That's exactly correct.

"They" don't like it when people are thinking outside of the box. "They" don't like it when people are talking about how things could be in comparison to how things really are.

"They" don't like it when people have a chance to relax, and to consider options, and not just get back on the ratwheel....
because -
if enough people are able to "unplug" from the agenda and the dogma and the nonsense, to think straight freely and independently, even if only for a few minutes, "they" will lose.

edit on 1/30/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: bandersnatch
The Feds are scrounging around for support and reasons they can shut Colorados common sense approach to Marijuana use .

Please don't use Obama's catch phrase for gun control when discussing marijuana legalization. I almost stopped reading after the first sentence.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Well sorry bout the plagurism ...I thought of it all by myownself...but you probably wouldn't believe me......
How ironic.....
I fixed it....

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

The overall mentality is the genie is out of the bottle. Prohibition is over and nothing will stop it. The federal government(DEA) would need to throw an obscene amount of money and resources at this to even make a dent.

Lets look at the numbers.
12-13% of the population in Colorado admittedly smoke cannabis. The number is probably a fare amount higher but for statistics sake lets say it's 13%. With 5 million residents that's about 650,000 people the federal government would have to label as criminals. Good luck with that!

Won't matter who is put in office this election either. There is simply to many people supporting this movement for politics to effect it. The only option now is to adapt or get out of the way.

edit on 30-1-2016 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Busting ppl for weed is big business as a key ingredient in the Prison Industrial Complex, and right now Colorado is costing them money.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

The simple truth is, drum-roll please, the Federal Government does not have Constitutional jurisdiction in affairs of the individual states rights to govern their citizens. This is just another situation of Federal usurpation of the Constitutional rights of the individual states..

The 16th and 17th amendments need to be repealed to bring the Federal Government restraint back into play. States need to regain their authorities over the Federal Government. The Fed is out of control and leading us to a path of complete subservience.

Man, I hate what the Federal Government has become!

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

The one event I look forward to, other than Social Security because they have stolen so much of my invest-able income over the years is, to get the Federal Government out of my life!

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   
The federal government hates pot more than it hates
ISIS .....

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Another reason to vote Rand Paul or Burnie Sanders especially if you are a single issue voter, and am not saying this because ppl like to get high and should be their choice, it is billions of dollars wasted and millions of lives needlessly ruined.

<<   2 >>

join