It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pacific Patriot Network and Oathkeepers Staging Protest in Oregon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Here's the problem.

The inner city (Baltimore, Chicago, Ferguson etc) police brutality/killing against people and let's say the over reach of the BLM and what happened in Oregon are very similar problems.

However both groups, fail/won't come together to fight the bigger picture. Now imagine what could happen if they did.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

I totally agree.

I think leaders from the BLM movement need to step up to the plate and join in these protests.

To bad they are allowing division.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I say the following as gently as I can, and with all due respect: Look in your heart... understand why you find it so easy to contemptuously dismiss Mr. Finicum's loss of life, his family's grief, and to so easily blow off the gross abuse of powers by law officials... and then you will understand why others find it so easy to do the same.

When you can give Mr. Finicum's life the same value as Tamir Rice's life... when you can hold the same contempt for the LEOs who abused their power to take Mr. Finicum's life as you do for the LEOs who abused their power to take Tamir's life... When you know in your heart that ALL lives matter... I hope you use your experience and lessons to help others understand the same.

And when that day comes, I will do a happy dance.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

A brave group of people indeed!

Is this the "Patriot's" version of "I've got your back?"

Now that the danger is over and it's safe to come out, we'll stage a protest in your behalf.

It's damn sure a far cry from "I'm willing to die for our cause."

So now that they failed to show up in mass and support their fellow patriots under siege, they'll just go back to protesting with a lot of ignorant talk and a show of their guns.

All I can say is, that's one helluva support network they have set up.

I expect they'll be overthrowing our govt. any day now.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958

Are people showing up yet for the protest? I agree the police and the FBI could have handled the situation better without anyone being killed.

I am getting the impression that people will be discouraged from entering the town. If I lived there I don't think I'd want another protest at this time.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I agree! I'm sure any law enforcement personnel go through endless hours of weapons training and target practice eagerly anticipating the event that allows them the opportunity to utilize that training in real time. It's the adrenaline high! I'm SURE OF IT!

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech
a reply to: bandersnatch

Part of me think it's a massive plan

Government has seen unrest growing among people, stage an event to call out the armed militia. Arrest all involved make a MASSIVE example of them by throwing as much on them as possible with the highest possible sentences just to stop any potential future uprisings from occurring. The idea is to scare anyone in the future from repeating these kinds of protests when things begin getting much worse and there's an even greater reason for the populace to revolt. The ones who would lead are already locked and the ones who might have been swayed to join are now too scared to join.

I wouldn't it past an intelligent government doing something like this, the question is whether the government is actually intelligent to do it

And here we have the best post yet. And didnt this entire mess start over the government's "Eminent Domain"

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Again and again I see comments referring to past crimes committed by the government.
Claiming that people not taking a bigger stand over a previous issue takes away the right to stand up for their own rights is wrong.

The US government has committed many crimes throughout history. But is it right to go back to each one.....compare it's importance to this one and decide if the outcome is justified.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

I don't see any updates on PPN concerning tomorrow and The Oregonian still reports an FBI road block six miles from the refuge. I don't know if there are other roadblocks, that is the only one I saw mentioned.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Here's the problem.

The inner city (Baltimore, Chicago, Ferguson etc) police brutality/killing against people and let's say the over reach of the BLM and what happened in Oregon are very similar problems.

However both groups, fail/won't come together to fight the bigger picture. Now imagine what could happen if they did.

I already answered this in another thread. The vast majority of minority civil rights groups don't like doing armed protests, much less armed standoffs like the one at the Bundy ranch. We know they're counterproductive and will only put our members in harm's way. Remember, Tamir Rice & Jamal Crawford were both killed on sight by LEOs for holding toy guns, and they were both in an "open carry" State!

And second, the Bundy's and that Jon Ritzheimer dude have some major race & bigotry issues. We haven't forgotten Cliven Bundy's comments that black people were better off under slavery (remember, the comments that made conservative hosts stop supporting him?). And Ritzheimer's the same bigot who led armed protests against mosques & was supportive of the confederate flag. There are between 1.5 million and 2 million African American Muslims, and we've been a part of these civil rights protests from the beginning.

Why do you think our groups would ally with a movement led by the Bundys & Ritzheimer?

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

originally posted by: amazing
Here's the problem.

I already answered this in another thread. The vast majority of minority civil rights groups don't like doing armed protests, much less armed standoffs like the one at the Bundy ranch. We know they're counterproductive and will only put our members in harm's way. Remember, Tamir Rice & Jamal Crawford were both killed on sight by LEOs for holding toy guns, and they were both in an "open carry" State!

And second, the Bundy's and that Jon Ritzheimer dude have some major race & bigotry issues. We haven't forgotten Cliven Bundy's comments that black people were better off under slavery (remember, the comments that made conservative hosts stop supporting him?). And Ritzheimer's the same bigot who led armed protests against mosques & was supportive of the confederate flag. There are between 1.5 million and 2 million African American Muslims, and we've been a part of these civil rights protests from the beginning.

Why do you think our groups would ally with a movement led by the Bundys & Ritzheimer?

You have a point. But it's the bigger picture. Most normal Americans want the right to own guns, want to demilitarize the police and federal agencies like the Bureau of land management, want to end gun violence, want police to be held accountable, want crime to go down etc. We all want the same things. The Ferguson protestors and the Burns protesters both at the deeper levels want the same things. Maybe not the leaders or the Bundy's but the people that support them.

Democrats and Republicans both want the same things too, they're just to stubborn to admit it. and find the commonalities.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
So.
How did the call to action go? Any of the Bundy supporters from ATS make it?

edit on 2/2/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join