It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Backs Out Of Parts Of Fallujah

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Ughhhh...

Let me see here:
The publisher of the article you presented is in Vancouver, Canada.
Al-Jazeera is in Iraq, among countless other news agencies.

It's only been one day? Is that Canadian time or Iraqi time?

seekerof

Thats since the post of the article, but 3 days since the fight. Does that clear things us for you?

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Is Moku back????

THE STREETS SHALL FLOW WITH THE BLOOD OF THE UNBELIEVERS

I must admit I missed him and am glad to see someone stepped to take his place

I wont even go into the fact that its IMPOSSIBLE to hide that kind of numbers from the public, ask any ex-soldier or even an army wife they will tell you.

Not to mention every reporter out there would SELL THEIR SOUL to report that story.

Or even that an army without armor and air support is a dead army in this age mush less taking out that amount of armor and only suffering 163 KIA all from planes.....LOL

How many air craft carriers did they take out? I am sure it was at least a dozen.

God you gotta love them

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
A valid tactic in warfare is to strike the enemy in one spectacular attack. It demoralizes them and makes them lose momentum and to rethink procedure and tactic.

It is wise in my eye for the Iraqis to be carefully planning offensive operations. They are facing air and armor assault as well as missiles and artillery.

But do you think 30+ vehicles that come under rocket, missile, artillery. and IED attack are just going to be able to stop, turn around and escape?No those munitions travel alot faster then any tank or vehicle can, and they travel far.

Liek I said fallujah is about the size of Fall River Massachusetts (population 100,000). If Us soldiers were outside the city, they would be well within range of an attack. And arent going to escape by just turning around and riding out into the sunset. They would have to win by returning fire and taking out the enemies equipment and personnel.

Please dont insult my intelligence. I am not throwin insults, I am throwing facts. If I call you a 5 year old, I mean it. Just please dont post on this topic, you just obfuscate the communities sense because everyone is obviously not an expert *cough* *laughsoutloud*. So please dont insult mine or other people's intelligence arguiing with me.

You dont think another country can invade the US? It has already happened before. It is called Mexico.
And really it takes only a few people to kill off the American population or a large chunk of it. The day of Normandy beach invasions is over.

Snap into reality.

The western reporters could be actual intelligence agents, military personnel, or just censored news reporters.

Your boring me. What avenues does Iraq or any other country have that they could spread news to the US population? The internet is censored/monitored. Radio would not work because it is censored. Is Iraq going to send out mass postal mailings? No it would be censored. Are they going to send an ad out in the newspapers? No it would be censored.

The only affective way they have is by word of mouth. That would take time.

You need to go back to college, have some respect for yourself. Unless your young, you have no reason to be so below the ideal of logic.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
Is Moku back????

THE STREETS SHALL FLOW WITH THE BLOOD OF THE UNBELIEVERS

I must admit I missed him and am glad to see someone stepped to take his place

I wont even go into the fact that its IMPOSSIBLE to hide that kind of numbers from the public, ask any ex-soldier or even an army wife they will tell you.

Not to mention every reporter out there would SELL THEIR SOUL to report that story.

Or even that an army without armor and air support is a dead army in this age mush less taking out that amount of armor and only suffering 163 KIA all from planes.....LOL

How many air craft carriers did they take out? I am sure it was at least a dozen.

God you gotta love them

This is coming from someone with hillbilly in their avatar?

DO you spit tobacco and have rotting teeth? Do you carry a shotgun and the confederate flag and spit in a can?

Do you have a college education? Did you pass high school?

Censorship of information is nowhere near impossible or even unlikely. Especially for people who rely on the TV or Internet. *rolls eyes*.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   

as posted by Ritual
Your boring me. What avenues does Iraq or any other country have that they could spread news to the US population? The internet is censored/monitored.

Quite a number, namely Al-Jazeera, but I guess you missed reading that already mentioned factoid when you gave your dissertation on applied strategy and tactics.

seekerof

[edit on 8-1-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   

as posted by ritual
DO you spit tobacco and have rotting teeth? Do you carry a shotgun and the confederate flag and spit in a can?

Let me give you a word of caution before you trip over yourself and pass that thin line of conduct, k?
Terms And Conditions Of Use

They may prove useful to you.

seekerof

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   

as posted by Ritual
Your boring me. What avenues does Iraq or any other country have that they could spread news to the US population? The internet is censored/monitored.

Quite a number, namely Al-Jazeera, but I guess you missed reading that already mentioned when you gave your dissertation on applied strategy and tactics.

seekerof

Umm hello earth to seeker again.

The NSA can and does censor and monitor aljazeera.net.

If there was something posted on that site for example that they didnt want you to read, you wouldnt.

Even unskilled hackers can hijack websites and alter them, or reroute DNS addressed to locations that arent real.

You might type in aljazeera.net in your browser, but you might be going to www.nsa.gov/aljazeeraspoof/misinformation/ and you would never know.

For a moderator at this website, your common sense is not very productive for the genre you are moderating.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ritual

Yes

Now you made me cry...LOL I bet you think all blacks are on welfare, all Mexicans are lazy, etc?

But for the record.....
Don't chew or smoke, have dentures and I own several guns and do have a confederate flag

GED with some college and thinking about taking some more how about you?

Censorship of information is nowhere near impossible or even unlikely. Especially for people who rely on the TV or Internet. *rolls eyes*.

Where did you get your info? The internet or Physic friends hot line?I never said censoring information was impossible I said hiding that many DEAD AMERICAN SOLDIERS was. Try to keep up with me here

[edit on 8-1-2005 by Amuk]

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Let me guess here Ritual, NSA also prevents those embedded reporters from leaking out information that was asserted within this topic article, too, huh?

For a newbie here, you sure have alot to learn, eh.

Irregardless, the topic is the credibility of this article and its bogus assertions and claims. Please feel free to provide any other source, including Canada, that asserts and claims likewise, k? Till then, your blowing in the wind.

seekerof

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Yes

Now you made me cry...LOL
Don't chew or smoke, have dentures and I own several guns and do have a confederate flag

GED with some college and thinking about taking some more how about you?

Where did you get your info? The internet or Physic friends hot line?I never said censoring information was impossible I said hiding that many DEAD AMERICAN SOLDIERS was. Try to keep up with me here

True hiding dead soldiers is hard.

You would not hear about it initially, maybe even ever. The US military already takes sometimes months to report deaths or soldiers being wounded. They probably spread it out over time.

What is the odds that all of the families who lost solders get together and do a count? Anybody coming up with an accurate body count is next to zero.

Not unless it was an immense effort. And some families might not even want to talk about it. And if the military said it would be best to not particiapte in a count, they probably wouldnt due to respect.

But the point is you would likely not hear about it.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   

What is the odds that all of the families who lost solders get together and do a count? Anybody coming up with an accurate body count is next to zero.

About 100%

Units that fight togather are usually from the same bases and their wives have support groups and so on. Most of them know each other so those kind of numbers would be impossible to hid for more than a few days.

You never answered my question if the TV and internet are lying where are you getting YOUR info from?

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
double post delete.

[edit on 8-1-2005 by Ritual]

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Let me guess here Ritual, NSA also prevents those embedded reporters from leaking out information that was asserted within this topic article, too, huh?

For a newbie here, you sure have alot to learn, eh.

Irregardless, the topic is the credibility of this article and its bogus assertions and claims. Please feel free to provide any other source, including Canada, that asserts and claims likewise, k? Till then, your blowing in the wind.

seekerof

Im just arguiing the principal of it. Im not arguiing this definatly happened.

For all we know this could be a NSA censored article, and this is the watered down version of the much worse.

But I have read articles like this for over a year now "the US is defeated and 1000's dead and dozens captured".

I dont know what really goes on over there, and I definatly dont expect FOX or NBC or CNN to fill me in. The video I do see and the stories I do hear are nice and all, but it isnt the one stop shop for information. And I hear about more stuff on this website then I do on FOX"s or CNN"s for example.

Who knows what other information you can be privelaged with if you had the right connections.

But a lost battle in Iraq is not something I would expect I would ever hear, or how to build a super ray gun to wipe out the planet.

[edit on 8-1-2005 by Ritual]

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   

About 100%

Units that fight togather are usually from the same bases and their wives have support groups and so on. Most of them know each other so those kind of numbers would be impossible to hid for more than a few days.

You never answered my question if the TV and internet are lying where are you getting YOUR info from?

Yes the TV and Internet do lie.

Maybe not intentionally. But the news websites and TV do lie.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Yes the TV and Internet do lie.

Maybe not intentionally. But the news websites and TV do lie.

Where did I say they didnt? What I said and ANYONE that has been in the military can tell you you could not hide 400 dead from the same base. Period. It has nothing to do with the internet or the TV.

You dont lie about how many or ours have died.

You lie about how many of THEM have been killed.

And arent you getting your info FROM THE SAME TV AND INTERNET?

[edit on 8-1-2005 by Amuk]

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Why wouldnt you?

In veitnam when people started dying, there was mass protest against the war.

If the American People were told 400 US soldiers died in 1 days operation, that is serious.

I know I would seriously start to consider my own options. Joining the Army. Starting a militia. Becoming a terrorist against Iraq. Speaking out against the war.

I already dont agree with the wimpy way we conduct warfare operations in the first place. 400 dead in 1 day would piss me off to no end.

The 1000+ dead already do piss me off.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Why wouldnt you?

BECAUSE YOU CANT.

The wives of these people live next door to each other, it would be like killing 400 people in a small town and trying to cover it up. You can tell each wife that their husband was the only one to die BUT THEY KNOW EACH OTHER, so how do you keep them from telling each other? They have support groups for that kind of thing JUST for that reason.

It doesnt matter WHAT the TV says they will know better and it WILL get out.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join