It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Backs Out Of Parts Of Fallujah

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
At sunset, the US pulled back from edges of Shuhada' and al-Jubayl neighborhoods in Fallujah after the fiercest fighting yet.

Mafkarat al-Islam is reporting that after extremely hard and bloody fighting, US forces had withdrawn from the ash-Shuhada' and al- Jubayl neighborhoods in Fallujah, which they had intensively assaulted since early morning. Fighting raged there from 8am until around sunset at 5pm, and before that, the Americans had overrun Mujahideen positions in an-Nazal neighborhood, from which the Mujahideen withdrew.

The correspondent reported that before they pulled back at sunset, US troops used loudspeakers from a distance of 500 meters to call on the Mujahideen to surrender themselves to the occupation, after claiming that Mujahideen commanders 'Abdallah al-Jannabi and 'Umar Hadid had "fled from the battlefield, leaving their fighters to face death," as they put it.

Mujahideen responded to the US verbal assault with a barrage of forty 82mm and 120mm mortar rounds. After that the Americans pulled back towards the an-Nazal neighborhood.

Click link below to continue story

www.jihadunspun.net.../home.php&

So is this the real story that the US will cover up?

"Shaykh Abu 'Abdallah said that more than 450 US troops had been killed and 200 more wounded according to Mujahideen military estimates. More than 140 US tanks and armored vehicles have been destroyed, in addition 53 Humvees were set ablaze, five US helicopters had been shot down, including three Apaches and one fighter airplane, as well as six unmanned spyplanes."

This is just 9 hours of fighting and while US troops were fighting, booby traps were being set inside houses outside the area. Once the US troops pulled out, they started raiding homes when 4 blew up. Now troops are staying in the streets.

This is a real mess, isn't there like up to 200,000 insuragates? And US sent in 4,000 troops to this area. What will US do next, Nuke them? Chemical or biological weapons?

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I am wondering how the fighters in Fallujah are getting casualty numbers for the US. I can buy that armored vehiciles and such have been taken out, but 200 of them in 9 hours? I'm finding that extremely difficult to believe.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Its because the US is too pussy.

I dont doubt this story.

The bad guys use mortars and RPG's. What do we do in return? Suppresive machine gun fire? A few minutes until we line up a precision munition? Then the order comes in from command to move forward, t hen your hit with IEDS and start over.

Then you stay there and get hit with mortars and ambush's.

THe only way to win war in 2005 is to shoot what you got. Shoot anything that moves. And if you have a weapon that can kill all the bad guys, you use it. ou use it because it is going to save yourself from being killed, even if it kills million of innocent people.

Unless my fellow countrymen are content losing their lives in Iraq.

I have a cousin being sent over there from the Rhode Island National Guard. He has already been there once, helping clean up and doing productive stuff for the Iraqis. He does sympathize with them, he does appreciate how bad that country is.

If he does get hurt badly, then the Iraq people are ruined. They will get no ROE from me. It will be all out war.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Yes that number is hard to believe. The area is so thick with smoke that they can't see anything. I'm not sure how they got the casualty report, but the numbers are probably more accurate then the numbers the US will release to the public.

There was 140 tanks and 53 humvees destroyed, if just one soldier alone was killed from each of them that would be 200.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I would have thought better Ycon...really

LMAOROFL.
Wait...Wait...let me wipe the tears from my eyes from laughing at this posting and article from none other than JihadUnspun!

*whew*
Check this:

Shaykh Abu Nur said that Resistance observers reported that the Americans pushed more than 4,000 soldiers and 700 tanks and armored vehicles forward. "We have been able to destroy 80 vehicles and killed dozens of soldiers and took 26 American prisoner.

"We have lost 132 fighters who were all martyred in the fighting by aircraft attacks.

"We shot down a fighter plane with a SAM9. We also downed three Apache helicopters and five unmanned spy planes."

more than 450 US troops had been killed and 200 more wounded according to Mujahideen military estimates.

More than 140 US tanks and armored vehicles have been destroyed, in addition 53 Humvees were set ablaze, five US helicopters had been shot down, including three Apaches and one fighter airplane, as well as six unmanned spyplanes.

MASSIVE US ASSAULT ON FALLUJAH

Let me stop....

Jeff Rense couldn't match this on his best day. Maybe Baghdad Bob?

Thanks for the laugh!!

Please move along. We have the American's right
where we want them. Soon we will be ever-victorious!

seekerof

[edit on 8-1-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ritual

That aside, 200 vehicles in 9 hours is over 22 per hour. EDITED (math mistake) The Battle of Kursk didn't losses that high, and that was with two large armies blasting the crap out of eachother.

[edit on 1-8-2005 by Esoterica]

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Here ya go...from the 'lady' herself, the owner and publisher of JihadUnspun:
From Ashes To Light

I'll give her one credit: she writes incredible non-factual stories that will assuredly NOT ever see the light of day within the mainstream press/outlets. Whats further amazing is the number of people who even give her stories credence and any type thought of legitimacy. OMG!

seekerof

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
The US military is capable of doing it why cant the Iraqis?

Especially when other countries could be helping them. Like Germany or Russia or China, Korea, France etc etc.

And well Sept. 11th proved that you need to snap out of your dreamworld.

Plus would Centcom ever report this? No they would state the opposite in Americaunspun.com saying they killed 1000 inurgents and 500 iraqi fighters and captures some senior al quada leader noone ever heard about before.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
I would have thought better Ycon...really

LMAOROFL.
Wait...Wait...let me wipe the tears from my eyes from laughing at this posting and article from none other than JihadUnspun!

Their numbers may be a little exagerated but I am willing to bet they are closer to the real numbers then what the US reports.

Keep laughing

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica

That aside, 200 vehicles in 9 hours is over 22 per hour. EDITED (math mistake) The Battle of Kursk didn't losses that high, and that was with two large armies blasting the crap out of eachother.

[edit on 1-8-2005 by Esoterica]

That was also in like 1940. My grandfather fought in those battles.

Lets compare a war in 2005 with a war in 1940 *rolls eyes*.

Fallujah is about the size of a small US city like Fall River, Massachusetts for example. 5000 US troops within 25 miles. 75 thousand + Iraqi's. Traffic going in and out. Large weapon cache's. Some decent intel for the IRaqis. And that is a pretty big battle in a small area. Chance of some devastating attacks on both sides.

[edit on 8-1-2005 by Ritual]

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
No Ritual, you need to snap out of your conjured reality!
There are embedded reporters there that would report such. There is NO possible way of preventing such from leaking, not even in your wildest conjured dreams. Get a grip of reality, yourself.

The 'lady' is writing this crap from Vancouver and has no real clue as to what is happening, hence here made up stories.
More proof?
Communiqu� From Council of Fallujah Mujahideen

The communiqu� gave a final count of occupation forces� losses up to 2 January 2005 as follows:

� More than 6,500 US troops killed and 700 more wounded

� More than 425 British troops killed and about 325 wounded

� A large number of Americans and Britons captured, some of whom were killed during escape attempts

� More than 1,350 tanks and armored vehicles destroyed

� About 800 Humvees and personnel carriers destroyed

� 41 aircraft, including three fighter planes, shot down

Please...k!? Holy smokes...unbelievable some of you actually believe this drivel! Sad.

seekerof

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   

The US military is capable of doing it why cant the Iraqis?

Because the Iraqis
a. Don't have any tanks to shoot back with.
b. Don't have any aircraft to drop bombs with.
Which is where most of our tanks kills came from.

Especially when other countries could be helping them. Like Germany or Russia or China, Korea, France etc etc.

Why would most of those countries be helping the Iraqis? Nobody gains anything from Iraq falling into Civil War, which is what will happen if the US is forced out. Hard to get oil when the country is imploding. And if it ever came to light, hell, even nations that aren't exactly happy with the US wouldn't condone it.

And well Sept. 11th proved that you need to snap out of your dreamworld.

I fail to see how flying a few planes into undefended and unprepared targets (one of which was civilian) has any bearing on the war we're talking about right now, being waged by professional soldiers. Dreamworld my ass, it's logic.

Plus would Centcom ever report this? No they would state the opposite in Americaunspun.com saying they killed 1000 inurgents and 500 iraqi fighters and captures some senior al quada leader noone ever heard about before.

I didn't say I didn't believe it because a 'reliable' source didn't report it, I don't beleive it because it makes no sense.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Well whatever. I cant teach a 5 year old the complexities of war. So ill save my breath.

The Iraqis have munitions that are capable of taking out tanks. Including wire guided missiles, rockets, missiles, and mortars, and then mines and IEDS.

They dont need aircraft if the enemy comes within range of their population.

The other countries could be helping Iraq, because this is a chance to strike the American Military. We are engaged in warfrare operations in Iraq. Other countries can go there and have a swing if they want.
Test the waters.

Sept. 11th proves that the US intelligence and military is not perfect. It is the military's job and the intelligence community to protect our cities and population and our country's integrity. So this is where it comes down to snap out your dream that nothing bad can happen to the US.

You think embedded reporters would report to you reliable information all the time? ROLFMAO. They probably coudlnt say anything if the US Military told them to shut their mouth anyways. If they arent dead to begin with.

Yeah jihadunspun sounds more like a propaganda machine for the IRaqi's, but who cares, their could be truth one day and lies the next. And it is no secret that our soldiers are at the whim of the idiot US military command. So for all we know they are all dead already.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Think...think

You think embedded reporters would report to you reliable information all the time? ROLFMAO. They probably coudlnt say anything if the US Military told them to shut their mouth anyways. If they arent dead to begin with.

Ritual,
For god sakes....Al-Jazeera.net/.com isn't even carrying this tripe. No Tehran Times, Pravada, etc.

The information would leak out, period. Why? Because it makes the case against Bush even more than the current claims and assertions. This type "news" is what any anti-war, anti-Bush reporter would give his or her arm for. There would be leaks and it would be carried. Is this? ONE site making these assertions and claims...One out of how many type information and news sources in this world?

Please....

seekerof

Odd

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   

The other countries could be helping Iraq, because this is a chance to strike the American Military. We are engaged in warfrare operations in Iraq. Other countries can go there and have a swing if they want.
Test the waters.

If there were foreign soldiers, or even foreign arms, in the employ of the Iraqis, we'd know by now. Anybody that can mistake a frenchman for an Iraqi, or a FAMAS for a Kalishnikov, needs to go back to boot camp.

Sept. 11th proves that the US intelligence and military is not perfect. It is the military's job and the intelligence community to protect our cities and population and our country's integrity. So this is where it comes down to snap out your dream that nothing bad can happen to the US.

Esoterica never said anything like that, and nobody ever said our nation's military was perfect. But an unanticipated terrorist attack and urban warfare are two very different things.

[quote[

What?

Are you saying they're using some sort of clones to do live reporting? Or robots, maybe? Shape-shifting reptilians, I bet.

Don't be silly.

Yeah jihadunspun sounds more like a propaganda machine for the IRaqi's, but who cares, their could be truth one day and lies the next. And it is no secret that our soldiers are at the whim of the idiot US military command. So for all we know they are all dead already.

Yes it does... and I care... you heard much the same thing from Baghdad Bob; are you saying there was an occasional nugget of wisdom in his prattling about the blood of the infidels flowing in the streets?

You started off reasonably enough, but your reasoning has really become rather unhinged since then. Go have a nap, and make sure to drink plenty of fluids

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   

The information would leak out, period. Why? Because it makes the case against Bush even more than the current claims and assertions. This type "news" is what any anti-war, anti-Bush reporter would give his or her arm for. There would be leaks and it would be carried. Is this? ONE site making these assertions and claims...One out of how many type information and news sources in this world.

Its only been a day. Americans are slow to seeing leaks. Give it time LOL

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Well whatever. I cant teach a 5 year old the complexities of war. So ill save my breath.

Ooooh, burn. You sure showed me

The Iraqis have munitions that are capable of taking out tanks. Including wire guided missiles, rockets, missiles, and mortars, and then mines and IEDS.
They dont need aircraft if the enemy comes within range of their population.

As I said, I do not doubt the Iraqis are capable and have taken out our vehicles. But 200 of them in 9 hours would be an incredible accomplishment. Not only does it means they have enough of these weapons to cover the entire city, but it means that our crews just decided to keep moving in after a dozen tanks in front of them got blown to hell. The US military is not totally incompetent.

None of those nations (outside of North Korea) is in any danger of being attacked by the US. And NONE of them have the capability to invade the US without bleeding themselves dry in the process. Two gigantic oceans and spy satellites tend to do that to you.

If you'd drop the catch-phrase for a moment, maybe you would see what I'm saying- not that the US is invincible, but that the Iraqis aren't any better. I mean, this casualty report is coming form a guy for which every other word is "Allah's revenge" and "glorious martyrs". You think he has any compunction against inflating his force's victories to ludicrious numbers? These reports aren't aimed at us, they're aimed at his own forces and fellow Iraqis who are hungry to hear about the invaders getting their asses whomped.

So your retort as to why there is no corroboration for these reports is that every Western reporter is dead? And the news organziations aren't batting an eye? Dan Rather took on Bush using a memo faxed to him from a Kinko's, you think they'd shut up if something as humongous as this happened?

Talk about a 5-year old mentality, you're just pulling theories from your ass now.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Think...think

Ritual,
For god sakes....Al-Jazeera.net/.com isn't even carrying this tripe. No Tehran Times, Pravada, etc.

The information would leak out, period. Why? Because it makes the case against Bush even more than the current claims and assertions. This type "news" is what any anti-war, anti-Bush reporter would give his or her arm for. There would be leaks and it would be carried. Is this? ONE site making these assertions and claims...One out of how many type information and news sources in this world?

Please....

seekerof

Umm hello? Earth to seeker.

The US could very EASILY censor US citizens to ANY online foreign news source.

So you might be visiting aljazeera.net but are probably viewing a US Govt censored website that is ocmpletely rewritten.

Some posts just make me lose 10 points for the hope of humanity.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Ughhhh...

Let me see here:
The publisher of the article you presented is in Vancouver, Canada.
Al-Jazeera is in Iraq, among countless other news agencies.

It's only been one day? Is that Canadian time or Iraqi time?

seekerof

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   

as posted by Ritual
Umm hello? Earth to seeker.

The US could very EASILY censor US citizens to ANY online foreign news source.

So you might be visiting aljazeera.net but are probably viewing a US Govt censored website that is ocmpletely rewritten.

Some posts just make me lose 10 points for the hope of humanity.

Ahh yes.
And I was born yesterday, too....

There is a distinct difference between gulliability and denial, just like there is between non-fiction and fiction. Go figure, huh?
Enlighten me?

seekerof

top topics

<<   2 >>

join