It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Conservatives are now slamming Fox!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: crazyewok

If Trump is elected, that wall will be finished. Mexico will be paying for it. One way or another....NAFTA anyone?....

Really its not as simple as that.

If you cancel NAFTA you will just make Mexico poorer which means MORE immigrants poor across that border.
Mexico wont pay out of sheer national pride and they know they will have the last laugh if you can any trade agreements.

Plus you need to answer the question, is hundreds of billions to build a fortified wall really worth it when you are in 20 trillion debt? Not when a wall wont do much to stop the tide of illegal immigrants as they will tunnel under it, climb over it or sail around it! If 20 miles of ocean doesn’t stop Illegals breaking into the UK then a wall wont stop them breaking into the USA.

More Smarter and cheaper to come down hard on those employing illegals and making it impossible to claim welfare. They wont come to the USA if there is no money waiting for them.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

More Smarter and cheaper to come down hard on those employing illegals and making it impossible to claim welfare. They wont come to the USA if there is no money waiting for them.

That's simply not gonna happen. Capitalism, corporate greed, cut labor cost, will keep a steady flow of labor for the ag industry, food prep industry, hotel/motel/restaurant industry, construction, almost everything. Those stockholders demand a return on their investment.

Even Trump still has undocumented workers cleaning rooms and washing dishes in his hotels and he know it.

Corporate profit TRUMPS morality and will of the people every time.....sorry about the bridge reference; probably goes over the head of most Trump supporters.

edit on 30-1-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Hundreds of Billion?? Are you even a bit serious? Ridiculous.
Besides, between Obama's free ACA for illegals the 20% of prisoners that are illegal locked up in jails, the welfare, the free schooling, on and on, we are spending and more importantly will be force to continue spending in the future, especially if TPTB get their way and the borders open up even more, than ANY wall...once built, it's done

Pay me now or pay me later. You can complicate this as you will, but the trend is to open borders. That is a worse alternative. Period.

A well publicized and credible change in policy, backed by action will cut those illegals to a trickle. As it was in the day.

But we are going off topic, here. The thread IS about Fox and it's relationship with the conservatives...Spat or split?

edit on 30-1-2016 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-1-2016 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Hundreds of Billion?? Are you even a bit serious? Ridiculous.

Yes for a fortfied wall nearly 2000 miles long.

Least 10 billion for a standard wall that wont do anything.

Besides, between Obama's free ACA for illegals the 20% of prisoners that are illegal locked up in jails, the welfare, the free schooling, on and on, we are spending and more importantly will be force to continue spending in the future,

Bad logic.

Just because you have wasted money doesnt mean you should waste more. You wont get out of debt that way.

especially if TPTB get their way and the borders open up even more, than ANY wall...once built, it's done

No its not done. You will still have to spend untold million maintaining that wall.

Pay me now or pay me later. You can complicate this as you will, but the trend is to open borders. That is a worse alternative. Period.

I never said you should have open borders.

I only said there are better and more cost effective ways to reduce illegal immigration than a useless wall that wont do igration!
Walls dont work!

A well publicized and credible change in policy, backed by action will cut those illegals to a trickle. As it was in the day.

Yes but a wall dont do anything but eat up money for little benifit.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Sargeras

He did not!!

He wanted $5 million donation for his veterans charities.

Big difference.

Oh look another Trump supporter who , not surprisingly failed to research anything

Trump doesnt HAVE any veterans charities, trump has the Donald J Trump Fund, which has been his organization since the 80s, and has given more to THE CLINTONS, then he ever has to Vets.

Not only that its PRIVATE so no one could POSSIBLY know until he files his taxes at the end of the year WHERE the money went

The money wasnt going to VETS, the money was going to TRUMPS FUND.....TO TRUMP

IT was a freaking bribe

Wake up

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Walls don't work? based on what?
I suppose a layer of land mines might suffice...

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

because they dig under them

Now I agree we need to secure the border, but just having a "big beautiful wall" isnt enough, the guy has no plan to fund it either......

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

because they dig under them

Now I agree we need to secure the border, but just having a "big beautiful wall" isnt enough, the guy has no plan to fund it either......

People often say things like "Bernie doesn't understand politics!," and right across the aisle you have a candidate promoting building a wall to keep illegals out, and have another sovereign nation pay for it.

LOL. Besides from the point of the percentage of illegals coming from airplanes, or other areas aside from the Southern border, as well as underground tunnels - there are so, so many variables that simply have not been discussed by Trump and his supporters.

What kind of material will the wall be made of? Who will keep up maintanence? Will there be armed guns every so often? Who is going to pay for all of this?

Oh, that's right - Mexico.

LOL

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
Being that all major news outlets are owned by the few wealthy people of this country I would say there are no such thing as liberal or conservative media outlets. Just propaganda outlets used to push agendas for the wealthy.

So if people are now leaving Fox News I say its about damn time and lonnnnnnng over due.

FOX has always due to start a viewership decline. Their largest demographic is passing away, as in they are old and going on to the next plane of existence.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

As I have said before, the people who manufacture ladders are happy about this and state they are engineering taller and stronger ones that can be carried compactly. Land mines can be identified and avoided.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I love it! All the reason not to do anything. Amazing. Hell, let 'em all in. Just as long as they stay at your house.....

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Trump didn't like some questions in the debate months ago asked by Megyn Kelly. Trump vocalized his dislike for her. Recently Trump agreed to do this last debate in Iowa but then Fox news released a comic drawing of Trump and that pissed him off. Here is why it pissed him off, because Fox was about to make a ton of money off of Trump with ratings. Trump being the frontrunner getting blasted by the damn people hosting the debate, I don't think so. So Trump said he will do the debate if they get rid of Megyn Kelly as moderator, Fox said no, then Trump said to donate 5 million to the vets and once again Fox said no. Therefore Trump has his own party that night and it was hosted by CNN and they raised money for the vets. Fox news also said Trump didn't have a chance from day one, Fox also referred to Clinton as "the Hilary machine" thousands of times in the past few months. Those are some reasons why I don't and never have trusted Fox. So basically Trump took a dump on Fox and they deserve it. I love seeing Fox being forced to admit that Trump will be the nominee and then president.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
Need something to back up the statement pardner

Even Trump still has undocumented workers cleaning rooms and washing dishes in his hotels and he know it.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   

FOX has always due to start a viewership decline. Their largest demographic is passing away, as in they are old and going on to the next plane of existence.

To be replaced by the now younger folk as they mature and become wiser with age....

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   

I love it! All the reason not to do anything. Amazing. Hell, let 'em all in. Just as long as they stay at your house.....

That’s not what anyone is saying........

Just a wall is a stupid idea and won’t accomplish much but eat up US tax money.

What we are saying is there are better ways to stop illegal immigration that are more effective and cheaper.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Foderalover
I love seeing Fox being forced to admit that Trump will be the nominee and then president.

He might get to be the nominee but he won’t ever get to be president unless he is running against sanders.

He will NEVER get through the EC if he is running against Clinton.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Hogwash and you know. No one claimed it would stop all of them. It sure as heck will stop most.

I love it when the lefties say it's wastes money and say nothing when Obama gives 3000 dollars to companies that hire each of his newly 'documented' workers....the wall wastes money, what a laugh...

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Your saying Hillary beats Trump? I'd take a wager on that one...

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Really? watch what MSM? Looney tunes would be as entertaining and more informative.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Of course, 'just' the wall isn't enough. I don't believe anyone, including Trump, ever said it would be 'enough'.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join