It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Conservatives are now slamming Fox!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

All media is state-sponsored media. It is manipulated to give the illusion of choice. Much like our elections.

Fox has some good looking women though.

It's like watching Baywatch. Much better with the sound off.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: seeker1963

corporations, yet willing to try that crazy ass failed experiment "JUST ONE MORE TIME"!

LOL

Sounds like you are the one in the sheep pen!

I find this post highly ironic, given the case I JUST MADE about Trump and the "bought and paid for" line....did you not just hear he tried to get FOX to BUY HIM to get on the show?

Im not a suporter but IM THE sheep?

He did not!!

He wanted $5 million donation for his veterans charities.

Big difference.

One way, the way you are claiming, trying to make him sound like the other dirt bag candidates, is putting it in his own pocket.

The other is selfless, and for others.

If trump is truly sorry bad, why do you have to church it up and use hyperbolic nonsense?

The truth should be more than enough.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Yes, tyrants can and have gotten into power that way and yes, history shows it.

Tell me if there's no change, the current man in the position isn't as close to one as we've ever had! Tell me that's not a fact!

Leave things as they are and we'll get there anyways! With Trump? IDK. Risk? yes. Possibly not, though, and I will take that chance to avoid it from that tyranny occurring on the route we are now travelling.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Tell me if there's no change, the current man in the position isn't as close to one as we've ever had! Tell me that's not a fact!

Leave things as they are and we'll get there anyways! With Trump? IDK. Risk? yes. Possibly not, though, and I will take that chance to avoid it from that tyranny occurring on the route we are now travelling.

That is how I see it as well.

Trump is the only candidate that isn't promising failed BS.

I would rather take my chances with trump, than vote for definite ruin under all the others.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I think Trump has provided an invaluable injection of willingness to debate.

While he isn't conservative, neither are most Republicans nor Fox itself per se.

We have been spinning our wheels responding to complete absurdity from this administration and the blatant prevarication from the left in general. Democrats used to make challenging moral arguments which forced us to explain why individual liberty trumps collectivity. Now the popular impression is that collectivity is paramount and individuals are expendable and unimportant, a conclusion that is both untrue and inconsistent with the presumed aim of the left, that everybody is equally important.

Perhaps some of this newfound introspection will rub off on Trump himself, it would only take a slight hint at humility to push him out ahead of the pack.

The mere fact that so many of us are confused and trying to make sense of our own positions (myself included) is tremendously beneficial.

What is the most important thing for us to do right now?
edit on 30-1-2016 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Precisely, I think you are drilling down to the crux of his appeal.

I think it is a natural response to Obama's superciliousness.
edit on 30-1-2016 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Again then that should say more about how they are willing to sell out their Principles for emotion..........again not a valid excuse

Precisely!!! Trump has pandered to and established a cult like following, that totally ignore Trumps past, his arrogance and his lack of platform. It's enough for them to latch on emotionally to his swaggering tough guy persona and claimed "outsider" status. it's all.....

and make no mistake...my "I told you so" banner is rolled up for now but soon I will wave it in the face of those with their finger in the air.
On second thought, perhaps I'll start a semi religious cult. The LIV would surely latch on to the "Red, White and Blue" finger cult.
edit on 30-1-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

Don't get me wrong, I fully appreciate what Trump has done. He's dropped a bomb into an otherwise orderly coronation process that was supposed to anoint Jeb!. Who doubts that absent Trump, we'd be looking at Jeb! as the leader with maybe a Rubio secondary and perhaps a Cruz as distant third with a largely apathetic voting base?

And the talking heads from the beltway would all be nodding sagely and telling us how Jeb! is the only electable one.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07
See what you have done now tinner. I"m gonna have to check that out.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

"I Told You So" brings cold comfort. We've only been waving it in the face of Obama supporters for eight years now. They are remarkably impervious to reality ... or you're a racist.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I totally disagree that Fox isn’t a right wing media, are you kidding!

They can both be left or right wing and still push rich mans agendas.

MSNBC is pulling away from their open left wing agenda.

CNN is totally tabloid, no longer a news station at all.

BTW where is the info on Megan calling Trump Names?

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Even as I cruse the AM radio dial; almost entirely devoted to the conservative cause, the Right Wing radio jocks are bailing on Trump right and left...even the ultra right "red eye network" spends a lot of time dissing the Donald.

When Blue collar Americans can see thru the Trump charade...it's over.

btw the GOP writes me my check to check on media response. They are completely clueless as to what's happening on Social Media...political throwbacks. They completely discount the millennials. Big mistake...

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

You notice the question mark I put after that entry. I saw two posts on facebook on it, with videos, when I tried to put together a quick list of conservative posters, I didn't see those two posts. That facebook moves fast on Saturday mornings.

Try googling it.

I believe Fox 'was' conservative, after all, Murdock started it based on Rush's success. yet since his son has taken over
, who, apparently is far more to the left than his daddy is/was, the purchasing of a chunk of Fox by the Saudi Prince and the massive movement to the left by big corporations, largely fueled by the cheap labor supply illegals offer, Fox has left the premises of the right.

Yes, still more 'right' than MSM, but I suspect that more PR and cosmetics than actual goals/beliefs...Just my opinion though, even though the backlash from far smarter than me suggests the right is also getting pissed off with Fox.

edit on 30-1-2016 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Like any election, the proof will be in the voting and not in polls, or media.

But I imagine that if enough media outlets "say" that Trump is on the outs, people will fall for it.

I just hate the idea of "obeying" media.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: greencmp

Don't get me wrong, I fully appreciate what Trump has done. He's dropped a bomb into an otherwise orderly coronation process that was supposed to anoint Jeb!. Who doubts that absent Trump, we'd be looking at Jeb! as the leader with maybe a Rubio secondary and perhaps a Cruz as distant third with a largely apathetic voting base?

And the talking heads from the beltway would all be nodding sagely and telling us how Jeb! is the only electable one.

Well said, if there is one service that Trump has already provided it has been to smash apathy.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Ha! The media has been saying Trump is on the outs since he got in. It hasn't worked yet.

I haven't heard much dissing in conservative radio. What I have heard is the beginnings of nervousness that Trump is not delivering substance. Our local radio is getting tired that Trump seems to be stuck on fat, ugly, stupid ... and other insults instead of actual policy, and when he does talk policy, it worries them. The trade war with China, for example.

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

But I imagine that if enough media outlets "say" that Trump is on the outs, people will fall for it.

Do you honestly think the GOP is going to nominate Trump! If he throws it into a brokered convention...then what?

I think that's his plan!

I've been working in local media since 06 and I don't obey it either but baby needs a new pair of shoes!

link   
What people are forgetting is this.

Trump may win the GOP nomination without the extreme right wing.

Remember the last two GOP nominees where from the moderate wing of the party: McCain and Romney

Trump, besides his immigration policy, is a moderate.

He doesn’t need the right-wing

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Do you honestly think the GOP is going to nominate Trump! If he throws it into a brokered convention...then what?

I think that's his plan!

If the GOP doesn't, then they'll show themselves to be as shallow and manipulative and pathetic as the DNC.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

You open another can of worms that I was inclined to get into. The so-called conservative radio game. Living in Washington state and often around the Seattle area, there is a 'conservative' station, AM 710, that is owned by the same people that own 770 an 'espn' station. hello?

There rhetoric follows more in the David Nedved
vein, that is to say, the call themselves conservative, but if you listen closely, they are pure Republican Establishment. ( The irony there is that 'establishment' STILL calls themselves conservative.)

A good many other fail the litmus test for conservatism, IMO. As does your assessment of Trump, pure Establishment.

I tired of bending knee to that power structure. Thank you very much...(no disrespect intended...honestly)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join