It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fraternal Order of Police Data Dump (18TB hacked)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Today I released some files from the Fraternal Order of Police, allegedly the largest union-type body in the US representing sworn-in police officers. Since then, many groups have shared it over social media and other means, for which I thank all who have donated their bandwidth to seed the files over the torrent.

Fraternal Order of Police Data Dump (18TB hacked)

This is a message uploaded by a UK hacker over the Fraternal Order of Police (FOP.com) Web site hack, in which 18 TB of data was copied from their server and released as a Torrent. The UK hacker is acting as a 'wikileaks' if you will, and claims not to know the actual hacker, but to be the outlet for the files.

The comments on the site are fairly interesting as he ("Cthulhu") has garnered a few responses from LE and lawyers.

It's an interesting development, I'm not sure where it will go - FOP may be embarrassed, if, like any organization (esp. fraternal) contains racist, lewd, or derogatory comments/emails. It may also contain info pertaining to their union tactics and the 'blue shield' for it's members.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Says it's offline

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

the link brings us to:

Currently offline. Back soon.

Hmmmm.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Someone doesn't want that data getting out, methinks.

But then again, this could just be some sort of hoax.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Ooooooh, juicy!

Think about the rotten apple ramblings that could be in that data.

This will be one watch.

Note to irritated members of law enforcement
Don't bother with legal threats or trying to get UK law enforcement to seek revenge. This is me playing nice.
If you want to go nuclear with me, feel free to do so, but trust me when I say you might want to think long and hard before you do.
I'm not known for bluffing, and I know many more of your secrets. About 18TB all in all actually, all unpublished yet.
"I dare you - I double dare you motherf###er"

source

(Goes to get more popcorn)
edit on 30-1-2016 by jadedANDcynical because: more to say

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
More mainstream sources on the hack:

Hackers post private files of America's biggest police union
(theguardian.com)

Private files belonging to America’s biggest police union, including the names and addresses of officers, forum posts critical of Barack Obama, and controversial contracts made with city authorities, were posted online on Thursday after a hacker breached its website.

The Fraternal Order of Police (FOP), which says it represents about 330,000 law enforcement officers across the US, said the FBI was investigating after 2.5GB of data taken from its servers was dumped online and swiftly shared on social media. The union’s national site, fop.net, remained offline on Thursday evening.

FOP Hacked: Names, addresses, forum posts of officers posted online
(leoaffairs.com)

US Police Organisation Hacked, Documents Posted Online
(motherboard.vice.com)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Thanks for trying to get the information out, it seems however they've caught up to it.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I think the site you have linked have probably moved to Amber on their security scale and are thinking about security measures right now.

Something like this being exposed, and I did manage to read some of the page earlier, needs to happen, if they are to clean things up.

edit on 30/1/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
@threeeyesopen, Cobaltic1978:

I think "Chuthulu's" boast about being untouchable to US LE was, how shall we say, premature?

His site can also be getting too much traffic now that the story is breaking.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

If it was due to traffic the site wouldn't resolve at all, it's not a traffic issue

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
So....these cops can actually move swiftly when its their asses on the line....
I hope some screen shots and data were preserced somewhere...

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

This is fantastic!

The conditioned belief that cops are above the law/scrutiny is something that has resulted in the rapid escalation of criminal tactics being used by law enforcement in this country.

Hopefully some of the more racists cops will be outed because of this and potentially some of the more gangster cops will have been to open about crimes/conspiracies they are involved in and we will see some held accountable!

Perhaps some gloating about the thuggery known as "asset forfeiture"!!

Nice work Chtulhu!!
edit on America/ChicagoSaturdayAmerica/Chicago01America/Chicago131pmSaturday2 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I'm sure the torrent is still live.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
They do represent Law Enforcement in certain actions. I would expect if they got the right server it could be very ugly as to what may be released. It depends on which FOP server was hacked and what location. For example:

On March 14, 2013, The Florida Times-Union reported that the Jacksonville Fraternal Order of Police Foundation Inc. removed Nelson Cuba as its president "two days after Cuba was arrested as part of a $300 million racketeering and money laundering scheme" in relation to another nonprofit, Allied Veterans of the World.

The article notes that the "foundation received charitable donations from Allied Veterans of the World, the organization at the crux of the racketeering scheme. It was listed as one of two operators of a gaming center on Florida 200 in Yulee on a federal application for a search warrant." And the article says that the "foundation board also authorized an internal investigation of all spending." For more information, please see the Florida Times-Union article and our Donor Advisory for Allied Veterans of the World Inc. and Affiliates.

On January 6, 2015, the Jacksonville News reported that Nelson Cuba "was taking a plea deal that concluded his Allied Veterans of the World criminal case." According to the article, Cuba will get "one year of house arrest, four years' probation and no prison time. He also agreed to donate $45,000 to the Homeless Services Network of Central Florida, an organization that helps homeless veterans. He is guilty of one count each of the manufacture, sale or possession of illegal slot machines, operating an illegal lottery and illegally structuring a monetary transaction. The first is a second-degree misdemeanor and the other two are third-degree felonies. All other charges against Cuba were dismissed." For more information, please see the Jacksonville News article.

Source

edit on 30/1/16 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: spirit_horse

On March 14, 2013, The Florida Times-Union reported that the Jacksonville Fraternal Order of Police Foundation Inc. removed Nelson Cuba as its president "two days after Cuba was arrested as part of a $300 million racketeering and money laundering scheme" in relation to another nonprofit, Allied Veterans of the World.

The article notes that the "foundation received charitable donations from Allied Veterans of the World, the organization at the crux of the racketeering scheme. It was listed as one of two operators of a gaming center on Florida 200 in Yulee on a federal application for a search warrant." And the article says that the "foundation board also authorized an internal investigation of all spending." For more information, please see the Florida Times-Union article and our Donor Advisory for Allied Veterans of the World Inc. and Affiliates.

On January 6, 2015, the Jacksonville News reported that Nelson Cuba "was taking a plea deal that concluded his Allied Veterans of the World criminal case." According to the article, Cuba will get "one year of house arrest, four years' probation and no prison time. He also agreed to donate $45,000 to the Homeless Services Network of Central Florida, an organization that helps homeless veterans. He is guilty of one count each of the manufacture, sale or possession of illegal slot machines, operating an illegal lottery and illegally structuring a monetary transaction. The first is a second-degree misdemeanor and the other two are third-degree felonies. All other charges against Cuba were dismissed." For more information, please see the Jacksonville News article.

Source

This is the exact kind of thing that I hope gets exposed and hopefully a whole lot of it!

The level of corruption that exists within the circles of those who are supposed to be protectors of the innocent is staggering.

How is he getting a year of house arrest and 4 years probation!? It must be nice to have racketeering/money laundering charges simply dismissed!

edit on America/ChicagoSaturdayAmerica/Chicago01America/Chicago131pmSaturday3 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
What kind of trouble could someone potentially be in if they actually download this data?

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Hopefully it has already happened en-mass to the point where there is nothing they can do about it!

I imagine there are many investigative journalists who are sifting through it as we speak

Going to be very interesting seeing what comes of this in the coming months!!

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

None they won't trace you that's why it's a torrent file. They don't have the resources to go after the entire network.

The more than download the better.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove
This is the exact kind of thing that I hope gets exposed and hopefully a whole lot of it!

The level of corruption that exists within the circles of those who are supposed to be protectors of the innocent is staggering.

How is he getting a year of house arrest and 4 years probation!? It must be nice to have racketeering/money laundering charges simply dismissed!

Things are much worse that the public knows. I have said many times that if the general public were aware of the truth about what is really going on they would literally revolt. At least a majority of them.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I am all for exposing corruption, but my personal information may have been compromised in this "hack."

I couldn't care less about my forum posts as I have never posted anything on an FOP site. ATS is pretty much the only place I post.

I pay FOP dues which are tied to my bank account. I hope that info wasn't released.

Also, I keep my personal address off of everything I can. It is possible that was compromised as well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join