It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One question about LaVoy Finicum shooting

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

i dont really care about these people either way but i wanted to chime in on this.
people who have children can be suicidal too. it is no stretch of the imagination at all

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: Rezlooper

So, there were no officers behind their vehicles in the road block? They all went and hid up in the woods?

Since you're trying to be a snarky little # instead of answering the question, yes there were. One of them is even nearly hit by Finicum's vehicle at 9:16 in the released footage.

Not to mention having troopers in the woods to the sides of the roadblock is an intelligent tactical choice since Finicum could have decided to run into the woods if the road block should succeed in stopping him. Same reason SWAT teams usually have men at the front AND back doors of a house when they're looking to capture someone.

That was my point... They were expecting something big to have so many men and so well-placed.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: bandersnatch
Are we going to have the same conversation a thousand more times with the same obvious shills........
I go with a targeted killing by LEOs of the man who was the most well spoken and therefore dangerous to the PTB.
They wanted to kill this man and they did ........
To me, its an obvious ambush and assassination.
THe law started shooting before Fincum even went around the roadblock......
His daughter was in the truck with another girl.....
since he already knew they were going ti kill him, he got out to draw their fire from the girls and their attention from the truck.....
This was a PlANNED EXECUTION RIGHT FROM THE TIP OF OBAMAS PEN....
unless THE PEOPLE STAND TOGETHER THE NAZIS WILL TAKE US DOWN ONE BY ONE.......

The 18-year old girl originally said there was a 120 shots fired at them. She may have been off a bit, but I'm sure it must have sounded like a war zone to this poor girl, which I'm sure she could tell the difference between one fatal shot versus dozens of shots fired. You're right though, they were under fire before the truck even hit the snowbank.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Just you calling someone that is being snarky, to say the least.

That's Bullsh!t rel, that little # mark doesn't even camouflage the
word intended in the least. Member should apologize publicly.
Or be excommunicated back to the stoneage. IMO

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Why would anyone demonize and slander something like that? Oh yeah, because they are white, Christians with cowboy hats.

I'll be so damned! I knew I had a good reason for liking you!
edit on Rpm13016v10201600000052 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

I'm white and was raised Christian, my entire family is half one side Catholic the other side Baptist and the men wear cowboy hats and I love them... respect their choices. My issue with these folks has nothing to do with their skin color, religion or attire. You turning SJW now too (hahaha)?

They did destroy property, Native American artifacts and a private landowner's fencing. They also swore to fight federal agents.

I have no issue with Civil Disobedience either, plainly... having participated in plenty of protests, marches and sit-ins. I just happen to think that if you're going to claim that something is Unconstitutional, you should probably be versed in it and not go jumping off, armed... claiming you'll gun down anyone that tries to remove you from where you are trespassing. It is my opinion that such is batsht crazy. My opinion is based on the facts of the individuals involved and not their ideology or demographic. That should be plainly obvious.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Because he's not one bit right but it's fun to slam and pigeon-hole the Leftist?

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

Even though I believe the Federal Government has long ago userpe their original authority as evidenced in my post in a previous thread,

a reply to: annalisa2016

Article 1 Section 8.

To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Ces- sion of Particular States, and the Acceptance of Congress, be- come the seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Con- sent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings;

All places purchased by the consent of the legislature of the State.

I do not see anything here that permits the fed to take possession of vast tracts of land. Only enough sufficient for Magazines etc. ,

I do not see your pursuit of your argument being very valid. The truth is that after a months standoff this man's emotional state had become severely compromised to the point that he no longer possessed the capacity of rational thought and any confrontation was enough justification to light his fuse. He believed in his cause so intently that this event was inevitable for him. I imagine he flung the door open enraged and,with his hands in the air, screaming, "YOU WANT TO KILL ME" ? HERE I AM! GO AHEAD AND SHOOT ME YOU SONS OF BITCHES! GO AHEAD! I'LL MAKE IT EASY FOR YOU!, AND HE REACHED FOR HIS WEAPON.

He had lost his ability to think rationally at this point and THAT is what got him killed.....

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   

That was my point... They were expecting something big to have so many men and so well-placed.

The man was fairly vocal and open about his stance; and was well-known to be armed. They planned accordingly.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Some said he heard or got shot at? Is there any weight to that? I just never understood with that many guns drawn you wait until you see the gun. How many times on cops have you heard put the gun down. Is there even a chance they said lose the gun? He tried to lose it then God bless him.... The authorization was given before he got out of the car maybe?

Will we see evidence ever?...As in physical or did they scrap the truck already?

Whats the media coverage and numbers compared to some of the other police shootings?

I will start looking but it's so twisted.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Why would anyone demonize and slander something like that? Oh yeah, because they are white, Christians with cowboy hats.

I would have thought better of you than this blatant deployment of "the race card."

Also, Christians? FLDS? Okay.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: bandersnatch
Are we going to have the same conversation a thousand more times with the same obvious shills........

Calling people who disagree shills is an easy tactic to use in discourse. Furthermore, it is, by its very nature, intellectually dishonest.

I go with a targeted killing by LEOs of the man who was the most well spoken and therefore dangerous to the PTB.
They wanted to kill this man and they did ........

Pure conjecture..... Nothing more.

To me, its an obvious ambush and assassination.

It was an apprehension attempt, not an ambush. There is a difference. If it were an ambush more than one person would have been killed.

THe law started shooting before Fincum even went around the roadblock......
His daughter was in the truck with another girl.....
since he already knew they were going ti kill him, he got out to draw their fire from the girls and their attention from the truck.....

Escalation of force allows the flexibility for operatives to disable a vehicle if the vehicle shows no intention to stop and poses an immediate threat to the team on the ground.

Funny how these "murderous" cops supposedly dumped a bunch of rounds into this vehicle yet injuries were minimal.

This was a PlANNED EXECUTION RIGHT FROM THE TIP OF OBAMAS PEN....
unless THE PEOPLE STAND TOGETHER THE NAZIS WILL TAKE US DOWN ONE BY ONE.......

Wait ..... What? Do people honestly believe this?
Complete and utter nonsense.

edit on 31-1-2016 by GD21D because: Spelling

edit on 31-1-2016 by GD21D because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

fun to slam and pigeon-hole the Leftist?

If that means kick their ass and leave "em with a sock sticking
out of their face?

Yes!

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

fun to slam and pigeon-hole the Leftist?

If that means kick their ass and leave "em with a sock sticking
out of their face?

Yes!

I can just feel the Christian love oozing from this one .. .

Well done.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

yes, it is. The man said many times that he was willing to die for his cause. Being suicidal for a cause is still being suicidal. You don't have to be despondent to be suicidal. Stupidity will work just fine.

May i ask how many times have you seen an emotional response right here on ats...let me use the example of LEO breaking in to the wrong house and executing a family pet,and someones response is if that happened in my house the dog killer would have taken his last breath .....Do you really believe that is a factual statement with intent ?

I see many arguments for free speech but here you are condemning a man based on speech and not action......that is one slippery slope ....

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Well at least your honest about sticking it to a lefty being more important to you than how inaccurate the statement you're praising was.
edit on 1/31/2016 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   

I don't care how you were raised nor how many sit-ins you've attended. People at sit-ins get sprayed in the face with pepper spray. Not these guys.

If you lack an info on a mental disorder, any psychological diagnosis, or insight into someone else's state of mind, labelling people crazy is a lie. Also, no one said they'd gun down anyone that tried to remove them. The least you could do is quote them, instead of making stuff up.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   

You can't clearly see anything in the video. Looks more like to me that he reacted to either being shot, or shot at. And just because someone talks the tough talk of not being taken alive, doesn't mean its true. If he were going to carry out with his pledge of fighting first, he wouldn't have gotten out with his hands held high... he would have come out guns-a-blazin'

I agree, Rezlooper. I think he was reacting to being shot as well, or at least that's what it looks like. It looks like he goes for his gun right before the head shot, but you can see him stumble and lurch, and his arms jerk down to his sides(like an involuntary reaction to being hit by a high speed projectile) well before he makes the motion that could have possibly been him reaching for his weapon. Like reaching for his weapon was more of a last act of defiance or something.

He definitely wasn't charging anyone, and he didn't appear to be "running for it", either. He abandoned his hard cover, and didn't even have a weapon in his hand when he did it. Certainly not the image of a man who was looking to shoot back.
edit on 31-1-2016 by TheBadCabbie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer
Where are the body cam videos and the video footage from the police vehicles? Those videos would help to clear things up.

Indeed, where are they? If the authorities wish for there to be transparency, why hasn't this data been released? I find it highly suspicious that it hasn't been released, personally.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBadCabbie

You can't clearly see anything in the video. Looks more like to me that he reacted to either being shot, or shot at. And just because someone talks the tough talk of not being taken alive, doesn't mean its true. If he were going to carry out with his pledge of fighting first, he wouldn't have gotten out with his hands held high... he would have come out guns-a-blazin'

I agree, Rezlooper. I think he was reacting to being shot as well, or at least that's what it looks like. It looks like he goes for his gun right before the head shot, but you can see him stumble and lurch, and his arms jerk down to his sides(like an involuntary reaction to being hit by a high speed projectile) well before he makes the motion that could have possibly been him reaching for his weapon. Like reaching for his weapon was more of a last act of defiance or something.

He definitely wasn't charging anyone, and he didn't appear to be "running for it", either. He abandoned his hard cover, and didn't even have a weapon in his hand when he did it. Certainly not the image of a man who was looking to shoot back.

Great points, thank you. I think its more obvious than people want to admit. The LEO's were expecting a shootout and when he charged ahead with his vehicle, they were already shooting. He probably got out to show surrender so they would stop shooting on the other occupants, except they didn't stop shooting.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join