It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twinsmom intro

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Hi everyone, new registered member! I've lurked for awhile, several months in fact and have enjoyed reading all the threads and replies. I like to wait to see if something is going to be a good fit before diving right in. It seems like I'm going to like this place. Everyone seems to be open minded and genial for the most part and if they aren't the mods take care of it pretty quickly.

Now, about me. I'm a mom to two very very active twins and spend most of my time with them. I've been interested in a variety of subjects since I was eleven and saw something in the sky that to this day I can't explain. I jumped into researching UFOs and my interests snowballed from there. I've never lost that passion for the weird and unusual or in learning or considering others beliefs. I'm not saying I believe in everything, nor am I saying I disbelieve. I keep an open mind.

I've had several odd things happen in my life. The first being an odd bright object in the sky when I was eleven. I can't walk or drive under night security lights, they go out. Not dim, they blink completely out. EVERY. TIME.

My twins swear their Grandma (my mom) sings them to sleep sometimes. Especially if they are upset or sick. She died in 2003. They were born in 2008. They describe her perfectly even though they have never so much as seen a picture due to a house fire where we lost everything when they were nine months old. They say she sits at the foot of their bed and rubs their feet (she did the same to me when I was little).

I hate to have nightmares. If I have them three nights in a row something bad is going to happen. It never fails and what happens never have any correlation to the dreams.

I look forward to a long and informative stay here at ATS.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
hello and welcome

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Twinsmom1981

Welcome!

Sometimes life is strange. I've seen a UFO myself; still not sure what to think about it. It was right out in the open in a populated area, traffic was backed up and people were pulling to the side of the road to watch. I still haven't found any other reports of it on the net. So how much stuff like this goes on that the world at large never even heard about?
edit on 30-1-2016 by VP740 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Welcome to the asylum.

I can't walk or drive under night security lights, they go out. Not dim, they blink completely out. EVERY. TIME.

Video please. If you've lurked for a while, you should be familiar with the phrase "Pics or it didn't happen"

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Hey hunny, just popping in to say "hi" and "welcome"!

I'm also a mom of twins...identical girls who are now 26 years old.
Glad to see you participating, don't be shy!

This place houses some of the best people I know!

jacygirl

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Terribly sorry to hear about your house fire, but memories can't be burnt away right?

Welcome aboard this fire-proof ship. Hope you find what you are looking for although I can almost guarantee that what you will find is much more.

Take care of those kids.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Great to hear from another ufo see-er (is that a real word?) Anyway, you're gonna enjoy the ride here, even with those that drive on the wrong side

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Hello there and welcome to the looney bin.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I sure have and I certainly Will. The next time I go somewhere at night. Which is once in a blue moon mind you, the twins go to bed early.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Thank you! Mine are a boy girl set who will be eight in a few weeks. Handful and a half I tell you!

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Twinsmom1981

Thank you! Mine are a boy girl set who will be eight in a few weeks. Handful and a half I tell you!

Oh I know!!

Hey, how many people asked if your boy/girl twins are identical, lol? (Well their IS one teeny tiny difference!)

jacy

edit on 30-1-2016 by jacygirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

At least once a week! People always miss the so.ple definition of "identical". Well let's see...ones a boy, the other is a girl. That's a big enough difference, right? Barring that, the boy is five inches taller than the girl with dark brown hair. The girl is tiny, Honey blonde hair to her waist. So yep....real identical! LoL! It tickles me. And the fact that they don't like to sleep. Whooo!

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Oh man...mine didn't sleep for the first 2 years! The dr. wanted to put them in freaking foster care, and put me in the hospital for exhaustion! (I did have a husband and a 4-year-old son at home too). So, um...no.

Found a new doctor who had to put them on a mild sedative, which I then weaned them off...but it got them into a sleep pattern. Finally. (Oh no, I only share that story with twin moms, lol)

Mine are identical...SO identical...yet strangers like to argue that they're not. One is blonde, one darker now. Blows my mind.
jacy

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

No offence but...I would never have put my son on sedatives. ever.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Hi and welcome

Im looking forward to reading more about your experiences

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Yes, same. They STILL don't sleep more than four hours a night. I couldn't put them on sedatives, I just couldn't. My dad passed away two weeks before they were born, then I had to deal with the will and then the housing burning, along with two screaming babies for the first three years. Couldn't imagine putting them on meds. And that is absolutely no offense to you Jacey, you did what you had to do.
edit on 30-1-2016 by Twinsmom1981 because: Opps

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Welcome Twinsmom1981

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Hello! Nice to meet you! I look forward to hearing more stories!

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: VP740

I hear you. It wasn't the only time. My mom and in were on the way home late one night and there was something, not a plane or a chopper, but something else, following our CSR. There was a car in front and a car in back. We all wound up stopping and looking at it for a good ten minutes on the side of a country road. My mom needed a xanax after that.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: uktorah

I think I will. Thanks for the welcome!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join