It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emails Show Flint Govt Bought Clean Water for Themselves While Residents Drank Poison for a Year !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   
OK if the city did not want to furnish clean drinking water due to cost or whatever there is still no excuse to not making a public announcement telling those in the water district their drinking water is contaminated above acceptable established levels.

A drink at your own risk announcement, was to much to ask for I suppose.

Either way those responsible and who knew they were covering up the problem IMO should have the full force of the law used against them.. If there is no appropriate law (highly doubtful for the feds have a law against almost everything ) then endangerment to the public etc etc government is good at making stuff up when they want to go after someone..

The City of Flint recently sent out the attached notice regarding violations to the drinking water standards. While the City of Flint states that corrective actions are not necessary, DTMB is in the process of providing a water cooler on each occupied floor, positioned near the water fountain, so you can choose which water to drink. The coolers will arrive today and will be provided as long as the public water does not meet treatment requirements.

Had the residents of Flint been afforded the same courtesy, of which their tax dollars supplied, the poisoning of countless children and adults alike could have been prevented. As the government officials were allowed to ‘choose’ which water source they wanted to drink, the poor residents were being systematically and knowingly poisoned.

www.activistpost.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Hey it's Amerika the "greatest" country in the world LMAO.... I do feel bad for the people who are forced to endure the madness. I guess the basic human right of having clean water doesn't apply to everyone....

Damn shame. I hope those people who tried to lie and hide this terrible thing are tried for their crimes.

They should be given 10 to 20 years in prison

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   

As the government officials were allowed to ‘choose’ which water source they wanted to drink, the poor residents were being systematically and knowingly poisoned.

I was wondering about that. They knowingly switched to toxic water for everyone else, while providing clean drinking water for themselves.

They ought to be made to drink it now, they and their families.

Imagine the clamor arising from that.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
This is an important event to watch carefully. I fear that we'll be able to use this situation as a gauge for how the general populous will be treated when situations such as this arise.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Not your fault, but the title and article are incorrect to the extent that it was NOT the city of Flint officials receiving this drinking water. It was the state officials who were in charge of Flint for a couple/few years that received the clean water, knowing full well that the Emergency Manager the state appointed to run Flint had made the water supply changes which are now poisoning their water.

I think I read that the Emergency Management was terminated and the city council is now back in charge making decisions. But they didn't make this decision.

I only point this out because I've gotten the feeling that the state/governor are trying very hard to hide their responsibility and culpability and pass it onto the city council they usurped.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
This is a timeline of the emergency managers who made the decisions for the elected officials:

List of Emergency Managers
Local Government Term Manager
City of Flint Dec 2011 - Aug 2012 Michael Brown
City of Flint Aug 2012 - July 2013 Ed Kurtz
City of Flint July 2013 - October 2013 Michael Brown
City of Flint October 2013 - January 2015 Darnell Earley

The memo is dated January 2015.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

It is the greatest country in the world...for those that "have", such as the bottled water instead of poisoned water, which went to the "have nots".

Every one of those persons who drank clean water should now have to drink the poisoned water for equal duration.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
good lord. THEY KNEW AND DID NOT CARE! that creep governor, lepage (though i do see him doing the same thing to his own people if they did not agree with him) is right. maybe we SHOULD bring back the guillotin! but not for drug dealers. use it for these sociopath people in charge. or maybe force them to drink the water for years like they did to the citizens of flint.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Not your fault, but the title and article are incorrect to the extent that it was NOT the city of Flint officials receiving this drinking water. It was the state officials who were in charge of Flint for a couple/few years that received the clean water, knowing full well that the Emergency Manager the state appointed to run Flint had made the water supply changes which are now poisoning their water.

I think I read that the Emergency Management was terminated and the city council is now back in charge making decisions. But they didn't make this decision.

I only point this out because I've gotten the feeling that the state/governor are trying very hard to hide their responsibility and culpability and pass it onto the city council they usurped.

Thank you for the clarification. Pretty normal to point fingers and "who me" by government to find a proper fall guy as long as the real crooks are in power.
www.rt.com...
sputniknews.com...
www.activistpost.com...

In any other instance in which an individual or group of individuals is harmed by another person or group, those individuals could seek damages. However, thanks to what is called the doctrine of sovereign immunity in the United States, the government cannot be sued unless it has waived its immunity or consented to the suit.

www.activistpost.com...
6 Cities in Michigan Have Even Higher Levels of Lead than Flint

As the nation rightly focuses on Flint’s ongoing water crisis, other cities in the state of Michigan face even higher levels of lead contamination. The alarming pervasiveness of potentially toxic drinking water extends across the United States.

The Detroit News reports that “Elevated blood-lead levels are seen in a higher percentage of children in parts of Grand Rapids, Jackson, Detroit, Saginaw, Muskegon, Holland and several other cities, proof that the scourge of lead has not been eradicated despite decades of public health campaigns and hundreds of millions of dollars spent to find and eliminate it.”

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

But its all the fault of the republican governor and the white people of America!!

Some day y'all will realize that unfortunately everyone has a mouth and it's so easy to make words that most people do so without any real intent to he bound by them. Talk is cheap.

When a mayor of a city that has been poisoning your kid says sorry, that is not good enough. When your kid is poisoned and you tell the poisoner I'm going to vote for your opponent in the next election, that is meaningless.

Someone who poisons a city should be hanging in city center the next day. Until then the people of flint should be aware that someone poisoned your kids and you didn't do anything about it.
edit on 30-1-2016 by Kiloj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Thank you for the clarification. Pretty normal to point fingers and "who me" by government to find a proper fall guy as long as the real crooks are in power.

Yup! Gotta wonder how those critters can look themselves in the mirror...

The fact that we cannot sue them is a huge part of the corruption that runs rampant throught government -- and corporations. There is almost nothing folks can do even stop it, much less hold them accountable.

edit on 30-1-2016 by Boadicea because: spelling

new topics

top topics

join