It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-35 software overrun with bugs, DoD testing chief warns

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: quatro
For the exchange of an unweaponized F35-C (free delivery) and two trucks full of fuel (including the trucks), I could give them some names. Just have to maybe make a slit into my barn so the vertical stabilizer fits in. Payment first of course.

Can it start on a gras field or better use vertical takeoff?

If you´re allowed to say (and not lying in your previous post), nothing was outsourced in terms of the sensor systems etc?
Because I imagine, for all the special systems you have to know your #.
edit on 5-3-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

However, even the most reputable software companies new products are often wrought with bugs,

Windows Vista is a good example of that.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

That's just sad but glad to see you are working at a better place for you.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
question....I worked in IT up to 2006, and a lot of chips even back then were manu'd in foreign countries....could someone be altering code before the chips are installed on finished product circuit boards?...we've done it, so why not someone else/

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Several years ago there were questions about Chinese made chips being used by the military. There may be a thread here.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

A microchip used by the US military and manufactured in China contains a secret "backdoor" that means it can be shut off or reprogrammed without the user knowing, according to researchers at Cambridge University's Computing Laboratory.

UPDATE: However, one security consultancy has said that the implication that the backdoor might have been secretly inserted by the Chinese manufacturer is "bogus", and that malicious intent is unlikely.
However, Robert Graham, of US security consultancy Errata Security, wrote yesterday that the backdoor is unlikely to have been added maliciously. He claims that the entry route discovered by Skorobogotov is likely to be a debugging tool deliberately installed by the manufacturer.

Link

There are many other articles out there. I don't think this is the only case.

edit on 3/5/2016 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: quatro
I worked for Lockheed for four years (software engineer). We weren't writing the most cutting edge software, but there were very few talented engineers that I came across at that company. I went to Amazon after that and basically started my career from scratch because I learned very little at Lockheed about how to actually be a software engineer. I had four years "experience", but people at Amazon with one year experience knew a lot more than me. I look back at my code at Lockheed and realize how #ing terrible it was, and that there was no one on my team who was able to mentor me or give me actual design guidance in code reviews.

Could you elaborate more on specifics? PM me if you want.

I'm working at a company likely in between LMT and Amazon in code quality and I want to get better. For a physicist, I'm a great software engineer, but.... that's not the same thing

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join