It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German tourist climbs to top of Great Pyramid, captures rare footage of ascent, and photos

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Marduk
Now if we start with stereotypes (I know it doesn´t fit exactly here)...
Just kidding, greetings over the pond

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

If we start with stereotypes... Always a starter, never a finish

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
German tourists are going to get a blanket ban from Egypt if they keep antics like this up - first vandalizing the cartouche in King's Chamber and treating the GP like a set of monkey bars. This is why we can't have nice things.

Ahhaha the Germans LOVE going everywhere travelling like crazy.

It is almost a funny thing how many of the young people just drop everything and want to tour EVERYTHING.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
A lot of layered and very porous rocks up there, a lot different from the bottom courses.

Never did buy the poured-in-place block theory

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: PhotonEffect

IMHO they were rough cut, put in place, then the faces finished and polished

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

She's pretty lucky those stones didn't rupture beneath her on the way up or down... Cool picture for sure though. But did we not have any pictures like this already?

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
Typical that they tried to repair the broken casing stone, typical.
Compare the two photos, one can see how falsified they look now.
Shakes head. Same as with the curbing in the great gallery.

They only look that precise because they were fixed afterwards.
They are precise cut, no question but not the way it´s shown today.

I'm open to hearing theory's, as I once believed the AE's only found the Giza pyramids and then "fixed them up".

But what do you mean by "falsified"? And when are you proposing that these repairs were complete? By whom?

My point stands, they (the stones in the picture) look that precise, today, because they have been fixed.
They are precise cut, no question and erosions did it´s thing on them, too.
But to look at those stones and say look how precise they are cut, would be ignorant, if we have to use this word.
Because they have been fixed.

So are they precisely cut or not?

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

It's a reasonable opinion, imo

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: strongfp

I feel climbing on the Giza structures should still be banned and illegal to be honest.

It is. And breaking the law in Egypt would seem to be a really bad idea.
But it isn't the first time this has happened. Nor will it be the last.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

if some one notice in the video there is all named engraved top of stone graffiti on the very top of the pyramid he climbed , SO... apparently he inst the only one nor will he ever be the last .. I read that its been climbed upon since the 1400s as Graffiti is claimed to be that old ..

well there some things ive notice while he was climbing some of stone's were small bricks stacked to the size of the large stones, and on top i see rectangular pair of holes on the outside edge on the top , more likely it was for when the pyramid top was settled in & anchored ? just a guess..

well here some more info ... with pics

The view from the TOP of the Great Pyramid: Illicit photos taken by tourists who secretly climbed wonder of the world at night

Russians waited until visitor hours were over at the famous site before scaling the Great Pyramid
Photographs capture the Sphinx and surrounding desert as seen from peak of enormous ancient structure
www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 42016ThursdayfAmerica/Chicago234 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

edit on 42016ThursdayfAmerica/Chicago234 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Sorry for the late answer!

The answer to your question
"So are they precise cut" is answered 4 lines above your question in the sentence under the pictures you quoted...

I repeat and emphasize to make it easier for you.

They are precise cut, no question and erosions did it´s thing on them, too. But to look at those stones and say "look how precise they are cut", would be ignorant, if we have to use this word. Because they have been fixed.

What I mean is, people (like in this thread) look at the newer pictures and say look how precise cut they are. When in reality, the gaps and holes (the whole surface of the stones, too) were fixed with thin cement like substance. I´ve been there a few times and I was standing at that exact place. The same thing in the big step down the great gallery, there was a bulge in the stone, it has been fixed, too.

So I think I am free to say this. I am also saying this because I know the egyptian mindset, I´ve been there over a year in total. That´s why I dare to say all this. The typical was not adressed to you.

Let me give you an example. In egyptian construction work, you lay the marbel floor and then you start building the walls. If there is a roof, they start hanging the big crystal lamp, then they start to work on the walls and build everything else. So in the end, all the nice shiny things get worked down while construction is still taking place. I´ve been to places all the way down the coast and walked I through some construction sites.

Unbelievable how they work. I´ve seen beautiful marbel bathrooms. Then they realized the water tap was to high to place it in between the marbel filing under the mirror and the marbel sink. So they took their hammers and broke big pieces out of the marbel filing with brute force instead of looking for a smaller tap.

But I´m misunderstood constantly here so slowly, day after day I give it up to justify my words because people always see bad things in my postings (also, not adressed to you..)

And for HARTE:
Everyone who´s ascending down on me for saying all that should actually have been there to have a say in this. Otherwise it´s just the typical blablabla... Go there and look for yourself before you question someone who has been to the pyramids FOUR times in their life. I like those "hit and leave´s" especially if you don´t have the spine to come back and face your fail.
edit on 12-2-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

And for HARTE:
Everyone who´s ascending down on me for saying all that should actually have been there to have a say in this. Otherwise it´s just the typical blablabla... Go there and look for yourself before you question someone who has been to the pyramids FOUR times in their life. I like those "hit and leave´s" especially if you don´t have the spine to come back and face your fail.

I've never been, but I'm not ignorant enough to rail against a few repairs to one of Egypt's moneymakers. Not when I have these in my face:

Having "been to the pyramids" or even having lived in Egypt does not automatically make one an expert. See Graham Hancock et al. for examples.

Additionally, it takes a certain amount of ignorance to refer to me as "hit and leave" when both of us last posted in this thread on the same day.

I stand by what I said about your post. Just for a different reason than originally.

You act like those six or seven casing stones make some kind of difference, as if we don't have thousands more to look at.
Or, will you say those have been "fixed" as well?

Harte

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

The Egyptians should just put a rotating web-cam up there. It could be totally wireless these days, IP over wireless-N, and solar-powered with lithium-ion batteries. They would just need to clamp it down well enough to survive any winds/sandstorms, etc.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnhancedInterrogator

The Egyptians should just put a rotating web-cam up there. It could be totally wireless these days, IP over wireless-N, and solar-powered with lithium-ion batteries. They would just need to clamp it down well enough to survive any winds/sandstorms, etc.

A time-lapse video of a month's worth of 24/7 footage would be enthralling.

You might appreciate this image to see how much has changed since the early 1940s.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join