It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nevada land swap will restrict some parcels

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
www.springfieldnewssun.com...

The Nevada governor wants to open up more BLM land mining. So you may say who cares. Well his plan is to restrict other parcels of land as part of the deal.

This is very preliminary, but we need to insure the restricted parcels don't interfere with our er um bird watching (nudge nudge know what I mean know what I mean!. Also I would hate to see certain mountain tops become restricted.

Note all they have to do is declare parcels of land as "wilderness study areas" and then you can't drive on them. (Horse, mule and unicorn is fine.) You wouldn't want to see a two mile Tikaboo hike become a twenty mile hike.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: gariac
www.springfieldnewssun.com...

The Nevada governor wants to open up more BLM land mining. So you may say who cares. Well his plan is to restrict other parcels of land as part of the deal.

This is very preliminary, but we need to insure the restricted parcels don't interfere with our er um bird watching (nudge nudge know what I mean know what I mean!. Also I would hate to see certain mountain tops become restricted.

Note all they have to do is declare parcels of land as "wilderness study areas" and then you can't drive on them. (Horse, mule and unicorn is fine.) You wouldn't want to see a two mile Tikaboo hike become a twenty mile hike.

Here is a link to the:
Greater Sage Grouse Habitat Map

As you can see, almost nothing even CLOSE to the NTTR is considered habitat. Let's watch and see if somehow some "new" habitat is discovered.
edit on 29-1-2016 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
So he wants to reign in wild horse herds? did I read that right?

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: FosterVS

Thanks. I think the "green" other near the edge of the TTR is for wild horses. Let's just watch this process just to be sure.

The ranchers have been pushing for a reduction of wild horses because they compete for grazing with the cattle. Cattle ranching in the desert is a marginal business, but you can't convince families that have multiple generations to give it up, especially at the federally subsidized rate.

Personally, I rather have the horses and mules.

new topics

top topics

join