It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sweden may be at war ‘in a few years’ – top brass in leaked document

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

In a few years Sweden may be engaged in a war with a “qualified opponent” after two centuries of peace, a senior Swedish commander has told soldiers in an internal brochure.

Sweden may be at war "in a few years" top brass in leaked document

Well, you did get invaded, your government does not do it's part to turn the tide in the citizens favor. It covers up crimes on it's people, leaves it's children alone in the street to freeze, and after it all, has the "gumption" to say it is the citizens own xenophobic irrationalities that have brought them to this point.

My opinion, take your # back or suffer like the American poor, whom eclipse your entire population, and yell far louder. No one is going to save you, especially not the previously described paper politicians.

edit on 29-1-2016 by warisuponus because: syntax bug for url '

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: warisuponus

THAT'S the game.
WE just have guns .

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Syria, Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen were recently invaded in ways Sweden was not.

Save your anger friend, you'll need it when it ripens into better energy.

edit on 52626v2016Friday by wisvol because: clarity

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Dont worry about Sweden, the agenda is another.. But whatever rocks your boat

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
It seems so odd that with everything going on in Sweden at the moment, they would be thinking about war with Russia?
It doesn't make sense to me.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Who renders the migrant's hometowns too destroyed to stay?

a reply to: angeldoll

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
It seems so odd that with everything going on in Sweden at the moment, they would be thinking about war with Russia?
It doesn't make sense to me.

nowhere does it mention russia, why jump to that?
russia would have to go through finland first, which did not work out well last time russia tried it.

norway, finland and denmark are locked to sweden, who are seen as the idiots of scandinavia, and is the likely explanation.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
So, are they finally going to join NATO?

Sweden have been active participants in NATO-led missions in Bosnia (IFOR and SFOR), Kosovo (KFOR), Afghanistan (ISAF) and Libya (Operation Unified Protector).

---

Sweden has close relations with NATO and NATO members, and participates in training exercises like the Admiral Pitka Recon Challenge in Estonia.

Wiki

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

No

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

If we join in a nordic collaboration of armies, then yes we are going to war probably with Russia and whatever story you like behind it, most Swedes dont live in a imaginary world.. You dont want a starving population in your own borders, you want them abroad pillaging.. Like i said, dont worry about Sweden..

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

No original source is given, and the site is a Russian entertainment news site. I don't see it as being highly probable, myself.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: stinkelbaum

Yeah Finland is a really bad idea if you wanna have casualties in a major scale

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: stinkelbaum

nowhere does it mention russia, why jump to that?

What? It's what the article was about. Read it before commenting, maybe?

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

No original source is given, and the site is a Russian entertainment news site. I don't see it as being highly probable, myself.

Yes. Sounds a little far-fetched to me also. But I don't doubt they might be cozying up to NATO a bit, you think?

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
The kings and queens arrange marry off their young, and the hungry fertilize the fields any way they can.
Used to be wars.

Now we still have the odd massacre to keep the subjects in check, but wars are like messy.

In your town/city/area how many people are there, how many cows, and how many burgers served a year?

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Is this about Sweden or Russia?

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Sweden's fear is not of out right invasion but, of Russia grabbing some of it islands or even small parts of Finland and then daring the Swedes and Fins to force them out. The question the Swedes have is despite many cooperation agreements with NATO they are not members. If a NATO member is attacked it is an attack on all members, their is no option to not respond. However nothing requires a response to an attack on Sweden or Finland. So perhaps Russia grabs some islands and in its financial dire straights demands money to leave. What would NATO do? That is the Swedish question. Without being a member they have no guarantees.

The other Scenario the Swedes see is a war between NATO and Russia. The Russian would have to grab Gotland from Sweden if it wanted to stop NATO reinforcements by sea to the Estonia, Lithuania and Latvia. So if Russia and NATO go to war Sweden knows they are in it.

This is big question for states like Finland and Sweden. They are NATO partner countries sure but, NATO has nearly 100 partner countries across the planet. And while NATO is likely to aid any of those states and vice versa it is not required to defend them. So the question is if you are what once were neutral states and for some reason Russia has been threatening you do you hope it leads to nothing and if does that NATO will come help you or do you join up and make sure they will.
edit on 30-1-2016 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Less entertainment and more propaganda from the Kremlin mouthpiece.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Sweden may be at war ‘in a few years’ – top brass in leaked document

Well first it wasn't a leaked document...

As well as soldiers, the booklet containing his stark warning has also been given to civil servants, politicians, and guests of next week’s annual manoeuvres and military demonstrations and exercises. Discussing the new military budget passed by the Swedish government last year for 2016-2020, General Brännström said: “The requirement of our ability to perform armed combat against a skilled opponent was clear, and this in context of the objective to create a front line against military attack and defend Sweden”.

www.breitbart.com...

Secondly it wasn't a leaked document...gotta love the spin RT puts on something that isn't what they say it is.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join