It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father charged after girl, 12, is killed by police constable

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

"Meyer's reckless conduct, knowing his daughter was standing behind him, triggered a chain of events that tragically led to the death of Ciara Meyer," District Attorney Andrew Bender told the affiliate.

Father charged after girl, 12, is killed by police constable

These corrupt officials were attempting to make his daughter homeless. I would stand up to you too, after your organization has forced millions into poverty, chaos, and death to keep your state employees and corporate allies in control.

This is simply disgusting, and par for the course as i have seen unfold before my eyes recently and i hope you see it for the malignant cancer it is becoming. I believe now is the time to wrest from the arrogant, hateful, death-dealing hands of our wardens, and to take hold of the future. our children demand it, as i cannot see my son tonight because of similar, rabid, abuse.

Those in the field preparing to stand together as brothers in our generations struggle, We will shiver together, until we are done.

edit on 29-1-2016 by warisuponus because: Clarify

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
From the link:

Meyer then reopened the door and, after "a brief exchange of words," leveled a rifle that had been concealed and aimed it at Steele.

"Constable Steele, who was in uniform, quickly removed his .40 caliber duty weapon from its holster and fired a single round," the police report said, noting that employees of the apartment complex witnessed the encounter.

The constable was serving an eviction notice. Meyer then LEVELED A RIFLE AT HIM. And the Constable pulled out his weapon and fired at Meyer.

Now I agree that the constable was a bad shot--inept, in fact. It's Meyer himself who should be dead, not his daughter. It's tragic, to be sure, but the constable fired in self defense.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Yup, I won't be calling the cop the bad guy on this one.

Bad shot sure, but he was presented with a rifle to the face.

I'd have done the same thing.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Sorry to read this.

I believe now is the time to wrest from the arrogant, hateful, death-dealing hands of our wardens, and to take hold of the future. our children demand it, as i cannot see my son tonight because of similar, rabid, abuse.

Is there anything a stranger can do over the web?

a reply to: warisuponus

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Although its tragic the little girl was killed, the father is partly to blame. According to the article he had received multiple notices of eviction at the apartment and then decided to point a rifle at a constable serving eviction papers. What did the guy think would happen? Don't point a gun at somebody who also has a gun unless you want bullets to start flying.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
It doesn't say why he was evicted, but it does say they gave him multiple notices, and that he knew a cop was coming to evict them... so when he came to the door with a gun with his daughter right behind him he should have known there was a good chance bullets were going to fly, unless he was a complete idiot.

Don't know what he was being evicted for, but what was his plan? Shoot a cop? Yea, that'll save you from having to be evicted. Did he think the cop would put his hands in the air and just drive away? Well there would have been a swat team there within minutes.

He made some seriously bad choices if he thought getting evicted was worth putting him and his daughter in danger.

That cop was a bad shot, but on the "self control" side of the grade he was considerably better than other cops. A Rifle gets pointed at him, he draws his gun and only fires a single round, most of these stories end with "Office fires 15 shots into home, killing everyone inside"
edit on 29-1-2016 by Slanter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Slanter

Beyond that, he wasn't legally allowed to have a weapon due to a mental illness issue in his past. This man's version of 'protecting' his family, ended up taking his daughter from him.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Putting this man's sleep tab (accomodation) on the public is a wonderful solution.

And the man who killed that 12 year old kid by accident should get a raise.

Oops sorry guys not enough money to treat the tap water now. Enough social spending.

what a world

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
"They're charging me with a felony for protecting my family?"

No, they're charging you with a felony for being an asshat and causing the death of your daughter.

Honestly, people like this sometimes makes me wish that the guillotine was still in use.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Manslaughter, they should accept no less, or i would support the gallows or guillotine, chair or rack.

NOPE SCOTT FREE after putting a bullet into the developing brain of a young girl who knows no more,

I hear you guys saying "i guess thats better than letting some family squat."

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
He thought "if enough of us do this, we can get a decent job while not being dicked around to this court date and that and lose it"

I tend to agree.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: N3k9Ni

No they are charging him with a felony, because as long as somebody goes down, they don't care. They protect their own. no matter what.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: warisuponus

Manslaughter, they should accept no less, or i would support the gallows or guillotine, chair or rack.

NOPE SCOTT FREE after putting a bullet into the developing brain of a young girl who knows no more,

I hear you guys saying "i guess thats better than letting some family squat."

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but your take on this is not receiving any support here. Manslaughter, gallows, and guillotine would be good for the father, who put his entire family in danger by his stunt.

Tell me, what would YOU do if someone leveled a rifle at you and you were capable of defending yourself? Just wave bye bye?

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Yes, he should have used it if he had the balls to stand. Through the door, or at the guys house at 3am.

His daughter would be alive cause that criminal negligence would never have transpired.

no matter how anyone twists it......

a cop shot a gun that ended a childs life.

Anyone disagree with that statement?
a reply to: 1Angrylightbulb

edit on 29-1-2016 by warisuponus because: spelling

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Tell me, what would YOU do if someone leveled a rifle at you and you were capable of defending yourself? Just wave bye bye?

Most people do this, yes. Depending on the costume worn by the leveler.

Also, two guys involved, one child killer. Let's remain balanced shall we?

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: wisvol

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: wisvol
Putting this man's sleep tab (accomodation) on the public is a wonderful solution.

And the man who killed that 12 year old kid by accident should get a raise.

Oops sorry guys not enough money to treat the tap water now. Enough social spending.

what a world

What a world indeed, he had a gun that he should not have had because he had known mental health issues, and might be charged with that?
Where were the regular police, not that might have mattered?
He's also been charged with a plethora of offences, despite known mental health issues.
Why the reluctance to commit to an institution then, is his mental health problems indeterminate?

It's all a bit whacko.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Yes, he should have used it if he had the balls to stand. Through the door, or at the guys house at 3am.

His daughter would be alive cause that criminal negligence would never have transpired.

no matter how anyone twists it......

Anyone disagree with that statement?
a reply to: 1Angrylightbulb

Doesn't matter.

The reason the cop shot is because the man threatened him with a rifle.

Had he not done that, then he would not be in jail, and his daughter would be alive.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

An Idiot father pointed a gun at a cop. is what happened. Father is responsible for the entire incident and is appropriately charged.
edit on 1/29/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

The reason the cop shot is because the man threatened him with a rifle. Had he not done that, then he would not be in jail, and his daughter would be alive.

Solid logic.

Yet I believe the reason the story is compelling is the actual murder, and not the mentally ill man's threat.
If the murder is justified (I don't believe murder is justified), it has to be self defence on the killer's part, gone wrong obviously since kid is not the threat.
So the officer, at first concerned with property of landlord, then changes focus and takes a child's life to protect his own.
Hurray for taxation, which allow both the deadbeat mentally ill -and now grieving- man to be a financial liability to the community by being caged and the hero who bravely defended himself with bad aim which oopsie resulted in the shooting of an entirely different person.

hell no.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join