It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

What bought you to the dance/whats your story?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:33 PM
Things I was looking up on the internet brought me here- over and over. UFOs, Ghosts and my favorite...chemtrails!

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:46 PM
a reply to: neformore

I always knew I was different. I found interesting people along the way but I was different than them too. I am weirder than weird. I pretend allot. I like to just pretend things are not the way they are. You know, act normal in the real world and slip under the radar. Avoid too much interaction with people that creates imbalance.

I know things. Somehow, I have always known things. I cant even really describe it... its like if I had a ghost mind in my mind. Like an echo to events and moments that arent flowing linearly from past to future. Then I can go deep and I am in an impossible past or a strange future. This is all going on while life does and it all unfolds so mysteriously. Its like everything I think has a scent of something I have always been aware of. No matter the fog of my life I am always near to this "thinking".

I have stayed on ATS because of the people here. You are weirder than weird too. We can understand each other and hold onto some human connection beyond the pretending.

Here we are all echoes and our minds are closer. Lacking the light in the world, only our own light comforts us. Alone on this dark rock, waiting for the sun to come up huddled together.

We are just huddling up together waiting out the night. I am scared and I want to fight. I dont want to be alone.

I came to this site like I did any other. I stayed because its a good home and a good family.

edit on 1 31 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:59 PM
I like a good story because I've always been rather gullible. I also get depressed - and that's when I REALLY like a good story lol. Went so far down the ATS rabbit hole it made me more crazy than I already was for several years. Somehow, somewhere, I guess I got bored with never having that 'shoe' drop (WW3, 2012, population control, Illuminutty... etc etc) I started seeing conspiracy for what it is - a type of religion. It's come full circle in a weird way. I thought Phage was a plant - now I think he's the most sane person here.

It's been a neat ride.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 05:17 PM
The assassination of JFK was my introduction into conspiracies. I stumbled upon ATS a long time ago and I signed up, and never left. I don't post much nowadays but I check in every day to see what's going on in the world.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 10:21 PM
I've always been a fan of a good mystery, or hard to explain occurrence. I'm convinced my fifth grade teacher gave me many undeserved book reports as punishment because I would find the weirdest books in the library to do my reports over and she liked reading them. Or perhaps I was just a little turd in her class.

However when I had an honest to god ufo sighting in 2001 my interest became much less abstract. One way or another I'm sure it was the resulting research that brought me to this site years later. I don't remember what it was specifically that led me to ats. I'm mostly still a lurker and it was years before I finally registered, but I've always enjoyed the broad and fascinating subject matter here.

A brief recounting of the sighting for those interested.
First of all, I live about twenty minutes from North Fort Hood, and have almost all my life. So, I'm very familiar with the aircraft coming out of the area and their various maneuvers.

I was twenty years old. It was around 11:00 at night on a weekday. I was driving to my parents house when I noticed a pair of orange lights traveling above the horizon parallel to me on my left. They were also getting bigger and brighter as I drove along. I kept my eye on them and realized if they continued their trajectory they should intersect my parents mile long driveway right off the highway, at about the same time I should. I lost sight of them for maybe a minute due to trees and a hill just before I turned onto my parents drive. I remember my heart rate picking up a bit, I knew there was something different about them and the timing and direction should give me a good look at whatever it was.

I pulled about 50 yards onto the dirt road, turned off my car, opened the door and stood and waited. Almost immediately the orange lights came over the hill. I had been expecting the lights from my front left, instead they came front right. As it neared, the orange lights disappeared and I was looking at the bottom of a massive triangular shape blotting out the stars. Maybe 150 ft off the ground or less. It was completely silent. There were other smaller lights on the bottom. And It was passing nearly directly over my head. The thing was creeping along, moving very slowly. Much slower than the orange lights I had seen earlier, if indeed it was the same craft. I had time to run about 40 yards, stand directly beneath the thing as it passed and then (had a bright idea) I ran back to my car (which was pointed in the right direction) and flashed my lights at the thing to see if I could get a reaction. No reaction. Still creeping towards the highway I had just turned off.

So I jump back in my car, whip it back around to the end of the drive and as I'm waiting on a semi to pass so I can shoot across the hwy to another road that would follow the trajectory, I remember thinking how did that semi just not slam on his brakes? Did he not see it? It's right above the hwy!

So I giddayup across the hwy to the other road and I have it in sight. Still very close out my driver side window, when I lose sight of it for literally 2 seconds behind some trees, and it's gone. I know all the roads in the area that should have given me a view of the thing, and I hit them all in the next hour and never saw it again.

One thing that has always bothered me about it, is the trajectory. When I first saw it, it was travelling northeast to southwest and that's the way it should have intersected the driveway. Instead when it first appeared over the hill, it was travelling southeast to northwest, like it had overshot and corrected to get a look at me. Which of course makes it crazier, but I've never been able to reconcile that unless it was pure coincidence.

That ran long, maybe I should have put it in it's own thread, sorry. Anyway, that's how I ended up on ATS.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 11:04 PM
as far back as I can remember I was into the paranormal, the unexplained, ghosts, ufos, supernatural, monsters, cryptozoology, ancient aliens, mythology etc etc now I am more into political conspiracies. I don't remember exactly how I got turned on to ats but it was around the time I started listening to coast to coast in the late 90's early 2000's.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 11:13 PM
a reply to: neformore

Hey nef...!

I stumbled into ATS during a search for something paranormal. ( I think it could have been Rendlesham or Tunguska.)

Anyhow I bookmarked it and came back - again and again.

Yes, I was now a Lurker.

Then the GOM disaster happened. This was by now my go to place for breaking news - with man on the spot updates
without the BS.

The ROV live feeds and constant flow of info made me gird my loins ... and join up.

I have enjoyed every moment since. Information, good people, and a place to feel at home away from home ...

Thanks ATS !

Cool thread nef ...

edit on 31-1-2016 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 11:14 PM
I don't really have much invested in whether conspiracy theories are real or not.
I love a good, well crafted story and this place is full of them, whether they end up in the hoax bin or gather pace on the main boards.

That and getting to vent sometimes about things that bug me are my 2 main reasons for being here.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 12:09 AM
I started seeing through manipulation tactics, recognizing that people form alliances in social groups and that there is always an inner circle in any setting. As I became more aware, I started seeing more signs of sneaky behavior in the world. I saw dirty dealings and underhanded tricks everywhere. I became obsessed with false advertising, lying by omission and all forms of deception, bribery and as I looked further upward I realized that there was no end to the horror.

Humans are bad. Like, really, really bad.

And each time I say to myself, "Why???" I realize that there is an answer. There are always reasons people do things, and those reasons are always because something benefits them.

People are all selfish.

But I believe that there has to always be a push back, otherwise the dirty dealing will destroy us all. So, I realized that I can't just keep arguing with random people on off-topic boards and driving people crazy with my rambling.

I need to talk to other people and join something. Knowledge is power and the people are a bit screwed at the moment, because everything is so manipulated that it is hard to know what is true and what is a lie.

So, I figured I would join.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 09:08 AM
a reply to: MartinD28

One thing that has always bothered me about it, is the trajectory. When I first saw it, it was travelling northeast to southwest and that's the way it should have intersected the driveway. Instead when it first appeared over the hill, it was travelling southeast to northwest, like it had overshot and corrected to get a look at me.

Maybe the orange lights were separate objects and were heading toward the triangle, by design.

I ran across this place in the 20th century and keep hanging around because of events like yours and the research people do trying to understand it. There are people of many fields here offering insights and life experience on the various topics.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 12:26 PM
a reply to: misterz

Humans are bad. Like, really, really bad.

Some are. Some are really, really good. I've seen quite a few examples of this from people on this site.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 01:36 PM
a reply to: roadgravel

I had never thought of that. I always assumed it had to be the same object, but that would certainly help explain the change in course and speed. Good point, thanks.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 05:15 PM
Had a few paranorlmal experiences as a kid - then just took Arthur C Clarkes Mysterious World and Close ENcounters to draw me to the topics.

A chance encounter with ATS in the 90s following the X Files had me hooked and Im still here.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 04:17 PM
This is the anniversary of my joining! (The 2nd time because I forgot my username from 2008.) I believe it was a general healthy skepticism of George W. Bush's foreign policy tactics which led me here. I stay for the free pizza.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 04:23 PM
a reply to: GoShredAK

Was it a silver egg gliding through the sky?

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 04:28 PM
a reply to: kkrattiger

Happy anniversary!

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 08:13 AM
I've done this before, so for the sake of brevity, please see post here.

Before you go there, be advised it's not all that interesting.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 11:28 AM
I'm loving all the stories in here! Keep them coming!

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 01:06 PM
a reply to: GoShredAK

have since seen what could only have been shadow people, and also the most blatant daytime UFO, it was a giant egg gliding through the sky

It's just a craft piloted by little known super hero Super Chicken.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:09 PM
As a child I loved planes/flying and was fascinated with UFOs/unexplained sightings, as Ive grown up it has translated into a interest in aircraft black projects. I don't know if it fits into the conspiracy field, but I have also always been fascinated in unexplained disappearances such as Maura Murray and Ray Gricar. Been a long time lurker and finally decided to sack up and join.

new topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>