It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What bought you to the dance/whats your story?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I'm highly sceptical of everything; conspiracies and the "official" stories. The official versions of events are there on google, but I want a decent source of info on the other side of things. Even if I don't agree with a lot of the stuff that's posted here, at least the posters here have actually questioned/thought about what's really going on.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Being former military (as many on here probably are), I exited the USAF (honorably) as a patriotic man and settled down to start a family. My wife was too young, and when her parents left the state, she left with them, taking my firstborn and only. I broke in half, mentally and spiritually. I became untrusting in a way I never have before. This led me to question things I always took for granted. Anyways, ever since that event I've had trust issues with anything "official" or "known", and any good psychologist will tell you that this is a classic birth for a conspiracy theorist (not my diagnosis).

Pretty bland, I'm sure. But at least I'm being honest.
edit on 30-1-2016 by Tempter because: sp

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I suffer from extreme insomnia and while trying to fine a new way to shut my mind off so I could sleep, I would start looking up random topics on the internet. Somehow this took me to a couple different conspiracy web sites and the rest is history. I like ATS because its more of a discussion group than a dedicated conspiracy site. I VERY MUCH enjoy the different opinions given on some of these topics. There's a bunch of smart people on here and I'll admit that they have changed my views or opened my eyes to different viewpoints.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I stumbled onto ATS because I retired and finally had time to ask questions. One of the questions that made me come here was about triangles and why am I so weird. And I like the political debates. I always learn from my experiences on ATS and I don't feel so weird anymore.

At 16, if I wanted to eat I had to get a job and worked for the next 40 years until my husband became disabled.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I have had plenty of paranormal experiences in my life. I can see and talk to the dead but I don't do it anymore. I had some bad experiences so I quit doing it. At first it was fun but I ended up getting overwhelmed and certain entities wouldn't leave me alone. It's been about 10 years since I've tapped into the other side. I've been face to face with ghosts. I've had enough stuff go on in my house I could wright the next poltergeist movie. The paranormal is attracted to me but I refuse to embrace it. I pretend to be an atheist because I'm in denial about what I've seen. I don't talk about it much to others because unless they've experienced it they don't believe it.
edit on 31-1-2016 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-1-2016 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Reading this thread makes me feel more like I belong on this site and less like an outsider. Which is... surprisingly comforting lol.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I wanted to check out the level of acceptance of extraterrestrials...turns out that Humans don't accept ET at all. They will talk up a nice sounding story, but when confronted by ET, in person, they all, seemingly without exception, reject the whole notion and condemn the extraterrestrial trying to introduce himself.

I guess y'all simply aren't quite ready yet...could be your down fall.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
So, the simple question is this - what bought you to the dance?

My father took me to see a building being demolished in northern England when I was just 8 years old, I loved it so much that I asked if we could go again. So I’ve seen a few growing up. I was also interested in high rise buildings and skyscrapers, probably because Britain didn’t have them. I remember reading a book and it featured the twin towers in which a guy said the towers were made like a “spiders web” and that if any airplane that would crash into them, it would be caught like a fly, that the spiders web would remain intact. That is was not only designed to take a commercial airliner but multiple.

Then when I was 17 years of age, I quit college to join the British Army. I was very nationalistic and my father was in the army, so was my grandparents, and their fathers. But then 9/11 happened.

I was a bit baffled at just how the towers collapsed, it was like they were pulverised into dust. But it was only when I saw Building 7 that I was convinced the official narrative was a load of BS.

Britain and America are very close, especially militarily, and I knew the wars I would be fighting were American wars. I just had a bad feeling about it all. I researched Afghanistan from 60s. In short, I came to the conclusion that my country is a disgrace in its acts abroad. What happened in Iraq was a disgrace, what happened with us training Syrian rebels when we knew they were sponsored by Al Qaeda in Iraq, The Salafist, and The Muslims Brotherhood is a disgrace. But they are only recent. This goes back generations, centuries. And I am glad to say I never fought for the phony war against terrorism.

I registered here around when ATS began, but then I became a long time lurker and registered again because it was so long that I couldn’t remember my original username or the email address I used to register it. There is so much information on ATS that it is easy to be a lurker.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
This pretty much sums it up for me:

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Mild psychosis. I was far too stressed in my life years back, projected things not owned within myself universal to us all, and rather to point the finger instead of move on.

So basically, beliefs not evidenced (aren't they by definition ? ) , instincts not accepted, and a rage to keep to the same ole same ole until it broke me into a higher order.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

Funny thread idea

This was the first thing i read on ATS cloned celebrities
I spent years lurking before i started to sign up. Came a very long way. But i love it here. Lately it got a bit more sceptical and political, i hope that will pass...

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I stumbled here accidentally and was mostly into ufos and don't believe the 911 official story.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Great topic, here is the first few sentences my first post and thread on ATS the day I signed up on Nov. 3, 2006

Ok I am new to this, until recently I believed the official story, but last month I watched 911 mysteries because it was in the google video's top 100.

I was shocked at just how stupid and gulliable most people in the world like me have been, but now I know the truth. Some of the conspiracies are way out there, others just make logical sense.

Research on 9/11 brought me here

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AceWombat04
Reading this thread makes me feel more like I belong on this site and less like an outsider. Which is... surprisingly comforting lol.

Peace.

Yup, I only found this site two months ago but knew immediately it was something I was missing. I'm glad to have stumbled upon it.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I've been interested in all things unexplained, since as far back as my earliest memories.
I've had ghost encounters, and have personally seen 2 UFO's in my lifetime. I'm 40 years old.
Then 911 happened, I've never turned back .
I'm also a 7 life path, which means I am naturally spiritual, and have an insatiable thirst for knowledge.

edit on Jpm1000000pmSun, 31 Jan 2016 14:49:23 -060016 13 by Mjab6910 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
9-11.
got me into alex, jordan, icke, and more. although ive always loved the x-files, ufos, and paranormal things.
ive always wanted to believe and still do.

edit on 31-1-2016 by alienDNA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

The ufo experiences of machine like things and also balls of varying coloured lights bought me to this iste in what has been a search for information on these events. ATS just happened to be very usefulin helping understand more on the subject

Just to add no previous interest as youth in sci fi field/space ships etc, always thought Star Trek etc was crap, more interested in sports etc. Without the experiences I would never have found ATS.
edit on 31-1-2016 by ufoorbhunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Okay... I'm just waiting for the next big thing.
edit on 31 1 2016 by Hex1an because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Bigfoot.

After meeting up with an owner of a bigfoot sighting database site years ago, and doing some field research and having more than a few experiences I followed a link from his site to ATS.

This was back in '06. I've had to rename a few times due to lost passwords and old emails but I'm still hanging around.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I can't remember the exact thing I was searching, but it most definitely had to do with aliens and ufo's. I never really embraced the internet, being a simple "old school" type of guy. I just didn't feel like I'd have any use for it in my life. My ex wife and I had a computer and internet but I never used it except to burn music once in a while. After we split, I moved to New Mexico and lived with my brother for a few years. We worked together during the day, and at night, had nothing much better to do than bs and hang out. He was into conspiracy theories and brought things like HAARP, Fema camps, DUMBS and 911 to my attention. I became obsessed, I guess you could say. Stayed up all night freaking myself out about all these crazy conspiracies. For many years, Aliens were my main subject. I couldn't get enough.
I believed aliens and ufo were real since a very young age. My dad saw a ufo in the woods when I was a little boy and my folks briefed me on the subject. We would stargaze quite a bit and I always wanted to see a ufo. I'm 38 now, and I have seen 2 things in the sky I cannot explain. Basically, they looked like shooting stars, except they stopped, changed course, zig zagged and then disappeared. Nowdays, I go back on forth on my beliefs and don't really know what to believe. I started buying into the interdimensional theory, then thought they might be demons, then got the notion that all those strange craft are simply top secret government stuff. I don't really know what to believe now, but I sure enjoy reading ATS and hearing everybodys thoughts, feelings and experiences on the subject. So many smart, open minded people here, its just awesome. Sometimes I take a break from my truth seeking, as I tend to get too wrapped up in it. But I always come back. I just recently signed up after lurking for many years. I feel like I know many of the posters here and it kinda feels like one big dysfunctional family. I love it.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join