It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What bought you to the dance/whats your story?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
So...here we are... worlds largest conspiracy/unusual topic message board and all that stuff... and we're all here because something triggered us off in the first place to question what the hell was going on.

And it strikes me that in this day and age of angry politics, that maybe we could step back a bit and consider the more esoteric side of life, and get to know each other a little bit better in the process.

So, the simple question is this - what bought you to the dance?

Heres mine;

I've experienced paranormal phenomena from early childhood. My parents house - although only built in the 1940's - had something of an air of the unusual to it, be it my sister describing my dead grandfather (both of our grandfathers were dead before we were born) reading her bedtime stories and telling her things were going to be ok, before exiting from the room through a wall, to seeing shapes moving behind glass doors, clocks chiming wrongly and me getting to the bottom of the stairs to see what appeared to be someone standing at the top of them and then disappear. I've also seen what I would describe as two bona fide UFO's, had an NDE and also experienced the odd small psychic episode (picking up landlines just before they ring/and saying hello to the person by name before they speak).

I mean, its a LOT, which is why I'm here. Weird appears to be in my blood (although, oddly, less so as I've got older)

So how about you? Take a break from the political grind and share your experiences.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
9/11 & UFOs brought me here...

Which is funny because if I knew the state of those forums before hand I wouldn't have joined up.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

No soup for you! (yet!)

Give us more... what about them - fave UFO case? /what aspects of 9/11

Don't be shy now

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

I like this idea.

It was also conspiracy theories and not politics, that led me here way back in 2008 during the election. I was googling stuff about George W Bush and WMD's and got taken to a thread about 911.

I was hooked. Signed up that day, never left. This place has really provided me with a chance to learn about a lot of things that I never could have otherwise without doing a bunch of work to locate the sources and connect the dots.

ATS has been for me at least, an invaluable resource, both in in the friendships I've come to have here as well as the content in general.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I saw this site looking for the Norway spirals and the Israel UFO hoax, strange "natural" phenomena is what i like.

I saw a headless man walking twice in the late nineties early 2ks but not much to say about that, and before 2003 i use to had very prophetic dreams and then suddenly stooped.

One of the dreams was in 2003, I was about to enter college and went to present a psychological test, I though I flunk it and was stressed out, a few weeks after that I dreamed I was presenting a test in a room I never been before, a guy was overseeing the test and I read the questions of the exam and all, pretty weird it was so real.

Then the teacher of my first college course was the same guy, but i dint realized until i was presenting the last test in January 2004, in the same room, with the same questions from my dream.
edit on 29-1-2016 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Honestly, it was a link in an article regarding planet hunters. I had no clue what I was getting into nor eventually facing head on questioning the world I live in.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Thanks for an engaging and concise OP.

I was recently drawn to ATS because:

I want to know if a sizeable fraction of writers among the already somewhat specific population of such a site are seeing/thinking what I find missing in my daily social circle.

My "story" is I lived in a fantasy world until I saw the evil committed by US police backed up, defended and normalized by higher grades of US government, and my supposedly top notch attorney telling me "hey watcha gonna do, they don't care about the Constitution, justice, or anything. Deal with it."
Also, I think ghosts are a metaphor for lower caste inhabitants of good architecture, as in you don't notice the servants until they act up in unexpected ways.
I believe reality is a dream within a dream and all the consequences of such a world so I'm a weirdo.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I was googling about natural health topics but stayed for the woo and conspiracy. Since I've experienced both first hand, I suddenly felt less alone.
edit on 1/29/2016 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

No soup for you! (yet!)

Give us more... what about them - fave UFO case? /what aspects of 9/11

Don't be shy now

Ahh a necessary synopsis, fairplay...

9/11 everything brought me here, too much to pinpoint any specific theory or conjecture.

UFOs, where to begin...
I was very interested with the Hill's case, Roswell of course, and most definitely intrigued by Phil Schneider's testimony and subsequent suicide/murder.

I've been seeing UFOs since I was about 4 or 5 years old...
The most interesting one I saw looked like a bright red V-2 rocket...
It was stationary for about 5 seconds and no word of a lie it shot up into the sky at a speed I didn't think was possible even for genuine UFOs.

I also believe I've been in telepathic contact with a number of Alien species...
But that's for another day.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
i have a very wide range of interests, among which ATS provides or provided information to sate.

Nothing in particular, other than just that I read voraciously. Anything I can read. I typically will stumble on a website with interesting information (Wait But Why, Today I Found Out, Nauil.us, etc) and binge read from start to finish. At ATS....its literally bottomless.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
The Apollo 20 Hoax.

I had been goofing around on YouTube and saw this video listed talking about a "crashed alien ship on the far side of the Moon".

My reaction to that was: Raised my eyebrow like Mr. Spock.

Watching the videos, to me it was obviously a hoax. Mainly because of how they zoomed into what was suppose to be a downed alien ship, it was obvious that at a certain point the images had been messed with.

Digging around with Google on this, I saw a link to some place called "Above Top Secret". I did the Mr. Spock thing again and as I was clicking on the clink to come here I thought: I'm most likely headed to some 13 year old's server in their mom's basement.

Instead, I was pleasantly surprised.

I spent a few months lurking without registering, just reading through threads. Some made me chuckle. Others made me stop, think and wonder.

Finally in January 2012, I took the plunge and registered. How could I resist participating in all the threads about how the world was going to end in 12 months??? You never know. Someone on here might of had it right, and I wanted to know about it!

Of course 2012 came and went....we're still here. That's okay, we've had lots of other things to read and talk about: Mars Rocks, Alien Moon Bases, Fake Moon Landings, Expanding Earth, Flat Earth, UFO stuff (not as much good UFO stuff as before I'm afraid).

Debated all of that with lots of fun, enjoyed reading everyone's opinions and have been royally entertained.

Then one night someone was pounding at my door, dogs barking, and when I opened the door up a couple of guys wearing sunglasses (at night? What?) held up something that went FLASH, and I don't remember anything else, until I woke up in front of my computer and noticed that under my username it now said "Moderator"

I guess I passed some sort of test that I can't remember........

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

OH yeah, that and Serpo were good times.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I mostly participate in the political and social issue threads, but it was not those subjects that sparked my interest in this site initially.

I always had an interest in anything paranormal. I've had a few strange experiences, nothing earth-shattering, but enough to make me wonder...

Just a few quick examples:

I dreamed about seeing a young man whom I didn't recognize at all, which had a mysterious profound effect on me. A year later, I saw a photo of my deceased grandfather when he was very young that I had never seen before (I had no idea what my grandfather looked like with hair - he had been bald since his 20's). I instantly recognized the man in the photo as the man in my dream. It freaked me out!

I also dreamed about my shepherd mix mutt about 6 months before I ever saw her.

I saw an unidentified flying object in Stephenville, TX while visiting my brother's property. It was very high in the sky (like a satellite), and moved with the weirdest zig-zag motions, and it would stop and start again. I didn't know until later that this was at the same time that many people in the Stephenville area saw unidentified objects as well.

I've had some weird experiences in my home - Thinking I had heard my husband speaking to me (not just one word - like a whole sentence!) when he wasn't in the house, and items disappearing and then reappearing in the strangest places.

link   
After living in various haunted houses and experiencing some very odd stuff, I because interested in the paranormal.

As far as the conspiracy theory stuff goes, that started when I started digging into the events of Wounded Knee 2 (1973), The AIM (American Indian Movement) BIA Takeover, and the events leading up to Leonard Peltier's arrest. I saw that the government (and the feds) can and will get up to major buggery. I learned never to trust the official story and instead look into things myself.

As for how I found this site, I was at the license branch bored out of my mind and decided to look up alternative news sources. ATS popped up. I had a crappy phone and couldn't click any links on the site but what I saw intrigued me. I've always been a fan of Coast to Coast AM and here was a website that featured some of the same stuff I love about the show. When I finally got home I came here and signed up right away. It's been my home ever since.

edit on 29-1-2016 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

link   

I've been to plenty of sites and have gotten kicked off a few. I like making fun of life.

Really. I try to find humor in everything. I'm old, I've seen a lot, and the only thing left is to laugh or go insane.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Older people will tell you they were tired of hearing only one side of things. Unless you read the newspaper, heard it on radio or Tv, you had no clue what really happened.

Back then the only conversation was around the water cooler or coffee machine , but even still everyone had the same, single sided story.

Nowadays people growing up have no clue what that must have been like. Nowadays there are different opinions offered by just about anybody from anywhere.

Thats true free speech, magical. Why I are here.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

To be honest I don't remember. I probably saw some show about UFO's on TV and was looking for more information about it. Or maybe I was searching for knowledge of ancient religions or something.

I remember when I was young I went with my dad to pick up food, I was 10 or 11, and on the way back coming across the bridge I saw this thing in the sky that looked like a water tower. You could see it had a dome shape and near the bottom of the dome there were two rows of lights. I remember asking my dad what that was, and he said he didn't know. I forgot about it for a few years and when I got old enough to drive I remembered that experience when I was driving across that same bridge and remembered to look and there is no water tower in sight from that bridge.

Another odd occurrence that I had happened a year or two ago. I was walking the dog and it was winter time, it was a clear night and I was looking up at the stars and I seen this light come down about 10 feet above my head and follow me in a straight trajectory for about 5 seconds and then it just went away. It wasn't a firefly because it was a distinctly white light like a white LED. I don't know what it was.

When I use to walk the dogs late at night around 12 o'clock or so I would flash the flashlight in the sky just to see if anything would flash me back, but nothing ever does. Maybe something answering me? I don't know.

There are a few of my experiences that might be interesting to other members and how I came to find ATS and ATS offered a lot more than just UFO's and the paranormal and I guess I got hooked.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Great idea!

I actually posted a thread about this a few years ago, so I'll just post a link to that.

Why I'm Here

The short version is an interest in UFO's brought me here.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

personal UFO sightings and google brought me here. It all started with my first sighting, then getting in to the topic and im still here years later but i mostly hang in military/aircraft areas now adays

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
What brought me here was my sister-in-law remarking "They say the world is going to end in 2012".
I hadn't come across this idea before, so I googled it out of human curiosity about the way people were thinking, and naturally found threads on this site.
Once I discovered ATS, I was kept lurking for a year or two by "What's happening in Yellowstone?"
Then I thought of ways I could contribute myself, and joined up.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join