It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rick Snyder’s emails Show How Much Some Did Not Care (Flint Water Crisis)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Well this is just appauling.

So the Government in Flint is being forced to turn over all documentation regarding the crisis, and ofcourse they are being heavily redacted by the governor's office. Anywhoo, this one comment made by a state nurse, is ridiculous, bordering insanity.

According to the NY Times, Snyder was informed in one email that a state nurse told one young mother to not worry about the damage being done to her child when her son’s blood showed an elevated lead level.

“It is just a few IQ points. … It is not the end of the world,” the nurse reportedly told the worried mom.

Source

They also stated that you could bathe in the water because the lead doesn't absorb through your skin fast enough to cause a problem.

I really hope some people go to jail over this. The flint community has enough problems, and now who knows how sick they will be and for how long due to the government wanting to save a few bucks.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
It's just a few I.Q points, wow, frightening words.

Incidents like this are happening all over the world, yet we are continuously kept in fear about some bogeyman thousands of miles away.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Wow

What else could the nurse do?
Sounds like an attempt at reassuring a distressed person.

This said, water treatment technology is established and available to the American public services, and therefore the choice to send a deadly river into Flint's (and other communities', think frack) taps is indeed criminal.

You don't cut corners on public water. Cops maybe. Public water no.

Jails will not fix this. Making sure the decision makers have to drink exclusively that tap water is.

a reply to: tothetenthpower

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Perhaps some needles should be inserted on the nurse brain to drop some IQ points, its not the end of the world after all

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
Perhaps some needles should be inserted on the nurse brain to drop some IQ points, its not the end of the world after all

Like I said, what transpired is nothing short of criminal. I don't know how any of those officials are going to be able to save face now.

If I were the justice department, I'd have already started criminal investigations and removed those from positions, where I could.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Well you've heard some people on here, at one time Democrats ran this city and didn't do a good job fiscally, so apparently a Republican governor and can do anything to these people, it's still not his fault

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Yeah, I bet they'll get a lot. Can you believe what was said in this email!?

It gets worse from there!

The audacity!

But wait, there's more!

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
This breaks my heart more than anything I've read lately. And infuriates me. I want those who minimized these actions while knowing about them and permitted it, to go to prison for this.
It's hard to believe this has happened here in my own country.

Erin Brockovitch was on Colbert last night, and she said it's not the only place. She specifically named Ohio, and said some other places also in the Mid- Eastern U.S. She said the government could provide filters to go on every faucet and shower head in the affected areas.

It's because our infrastructure is so old and antiquated, and too costly to replace. Sickening. It's too expensive to save our planet, and too expensive to clean up our water.

WTH.

eta: Oh, the vid is up. Here it is.

edit on 1/29/2016 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
classic Gadola

a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Pretty much says it all.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Unfortunately Hillary's e-mail servers and Benghazi are more important for Republicans than a poisoned water supply that has most likely ruined the lives of thousands of children.

I don't think we will get any congressional hearings over this TRUE tragedy.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Kids' lead levels high in many Michigan cities

Elevated blood-lead levels are seen in a higher percentage of children in parts of Grand Rapids, Jackson, Detroit, Saginaw, Muskegon, Holland and several other cities, proof that the scourge of lead has not been eradicated despite decades of public health campaigns and hundreds of millions of dollars spent to find and eliminate it.

the government failures are piling high

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

But Flint's lead levels have steadily been going down til they switched, as per the article you posted:

"Many in the state were shocked earlier this year by the findings in Flint: After a steady decline in lead levels, they began to rise in 2014 after the city switched its water source from Lake Huron to the Flint River. That change in water supply, experts say, triggered the increase in lead poisoning because the more corrosive river water may have stripped lead from older pipes and bled it into the drinking supply."

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   
In some cases I really have a hard time believing in innocent until proven guilty. Sometimes, when the crime is serious enough and the accused response goes beyond not testifying against themselves and into the realm of redacting documents that have already been written and distributed, I feel like we need to change the burden on the justice system from proving guilt to the accused proving innocence.

It would be a fairly simple thing to do too. If those documents that were all blacked out can show us that they weren't willingly lead poisining a city, it should be a simple thing to let the prosecutors and a judge read them.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
This paradigm in in full effect now.

Just not for officials.

Welcome to amerika

a reply to: Aazadan

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Sounds like that nurse is an avid drinker of Flint Public Water. Its hip to lose your IQ. Being an idiot is trendy in murka.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Trust your government folks. They're just looking out for you.

Remember!

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

just wow! you know guys, blacking out an ENTIRE email does not help. what you basically just did was admit that you guys KNEW your actions were going to cause harm and did not care. why else black out an entire email? also, you only drew more attention to your behaviors by doing so.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Holy cow! That has to be the most obnoxious thing I have ever heard or read of a nurse speaking about a patient. That's almost as awful as the Governor's decision.

How did that mother not choke the piss out of the nurse? Seriously.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Kids' lead levels high in many Michigan cities

Elevated blood-lead levels are seen in a higher percentage of children in parts of Grand Rapids, Jackson, Detroit, Saginaw, Muskegon, Holland and several other cities, proof that the scourge of lead has not been eradicated despite decades of public health campaigns and hundreds of millions of dollars spent to find and eliminate it.

the government failures are piling high

Indeed they are. Without proper budgets our infrastructure will continue to crumble until it is third world.

We have to re-invest into our infrastructure as of yesterday.
edit on 30-1-2016 by spinalremain because: mobile typing 😤

top topics

join