It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP debate second highest rated show in FOX News history

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
The stats are in, and it looks as though Trump's boast about Fox News ratings bottoming out without him was wrong.

Thursday night’s Republican presidential debate on FOX News Channel scored 12.5 million viewers, making it the second-highest rated telecast in the network’s history.

The debate topped all television shows -- including broadcast programs -- on Thursday night in total viewers. It also pulled in 3.5 million viewers in the advertiser-friendly demo of adults aged 25-54, according to Early Nielsen Research.

source: www.foxnews.com...

But... just to do due diligence, I checked other sources. TV by the numbers site confirms it (this site has been around for quite awhile under the Zap2It label, and it's always been accurate as far as I can tell.)

Time calls it the "least watched" of all the debates, but admits it still ranked fairly high: time.com...

The polls at RealClearPolitics show that Cruz has made a modest gain: www.realclearpolitics.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Probably because Trump wasn't there to ruin the debate--well, add his ingredients that derail discussion over the issues.

People were probably happy that he wasn't there, so they tuned in.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

That's weird..CNN Is reporting differently:

Thursday night marked the second lowest rated GOP debate of the season. And Trump was the most-talked-about candidate without even being there.

money.cnn.com...

Well I guess they aren't reporting it's the 2nd highest rated thing on Fox's network, but I'm kinda surprised that Fox never pulled in more than 12.5 million any other time.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I hope this isn't derailing your thread but I watched a bit of the debate last night, honestly to see what they would say without Trump there.

IMHO Cruz and Rubio looked so weird (like pasty makeup and weird hair) and sounded so scripted. It seemed to me like a play, rehearsed and badly acted. I was surprised by Gov. Christie ( not a big fan) who actually seemed to answer his first question idk like it wasnt scripted, Rand Paul and the good Dr. also.

From the liitle bit I saw, Cruz and Rubio would make terrible presidents.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
What was the highest rated show? The one where Hannity got Waterboarded? Oh, ya, that didn't happen as promised.

Trump debates himself on Colbert

edit on 29-1-2016 by ugmold because: addition

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

The polls at RealClearPolitics show that Cruz has made a modest gain: www.realclearpolitics.com...

But none of those polls reflect last night's debate. They are all earlier polls.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

That's weird..CNN Is reporting differently:

Thursday night marked the second lowest rated GOP debate of the season. And Trump was the most-talked-about candidate without even being there.

money.cnn.com...

Well I guess they aren't reporting it's the 2nd highest rated thing on Fox's network, but I'm kinda surprised that Fox never pulled in more than 12.5 million any other time.

~Tenth

Not different: it was lower than the stats on the first debate but still won the time period. The first debate with Trump had the highest ratings. This one was lower.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
From the liitle bit I saw, Cruz and Rubio would make terrible presidents.

Having suffered under Cruz's wonderful political choices, I can say he would be a HORRIBLE choice.

...but sadly, a better choice than Trump, IMHO.
edit on 29-1-2016 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Yeah I see that now.

I'm just surprised that 12.5 million viewers is the 2nd highest thing Fox has ever aired in terms of viewership.

Seems kinda low? But then again, I don't know much about ratings.

~Tenth

new topics

top topics

join