It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. declares 22 Clinton emails 'top secret'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkyNetBeware

The state dept said the info wasn't classified at the time it was sent.

Read that a few times and you may start to understand why your reply is irrelevant.

That's because they didn't know about most of them.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

"I'm confused as it appears that you are even focusing on this one email in your responses, but then chastise me for playing the game by the same rules."

Yes sir, you are obviously a confused person...You accuse people of assuming things and turn right around and start assuming things. I really do not know how to break it down any simpler than I already have.

And now I can even expand further for your reading pleasure:

There is a indisputable, undeniable FACT that in a letter to Congress, dated 11 August 2015, the Inspector General of the Intelligence Community, I. Charles McCullough III stated, and I quote once again: "These emails, attached hereto, have been properly marked by IC classification officials, and include information classified up to TOP SECRET//SI//TK//NOFORN.

That means at least 1 of those emails contained Talent Keyhole information and would have been classified before it ever hit Hillarys server. Speculating that it was drone related or what ever, is well for lack of better words, pure meaningless speculation.

Doesn't matter if that email was marked classified or not, it was classified the minute it was downloaded to the receiving station, long before it ever wound up on Hillarys server. I think you are getting hung up on Hillarys excuse that nothing was marked classified, which is nothing more than BS... it doesn't have to have a marking on it to be considered classified.

Doesn't matter what the actual content was, the TK classification is proof solid that it was classified prior to her receiving it.

You can jaw jack all day long and speculate this and that, but I prefer to stick to the facts:

We have at least 1 email that was classified at the Top Secret/SI/TK/NOFORN level and at least 21 others that have been classified at the Top Secret level.

I really do not understand where you are coming from. You can only focus on the fact that AT LEAST ONE EMAIL was classified Top Secret//SI//TK//NOFORN and now there are 21 others at the Top Secret level.. that is all anybody knows....TK guarantees you that email was classified long before it was on her server, no matter how much you try to spin it.

There is absolutely no proof of what was in that one email, other than the fact it contained TK information which is all any reasonable person needs to know to realize that it contained classified information from the moment it was created, much less emailed to anybody.
edit on R452016-01-30T20:45:26-06:00k451Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R472016-01-30T20:47:06-06:00k471Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R482016-01-30T20:48:57-06:00k481Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: SkyNetBeware

Vox Media is sure a solid non-biased, non-partisan outfit aren't they.

They support Hillary, so naturally they will nudge in her direction.

John Kirby from state dept said the emails were not classified when they were sent. The only partisan reaction here are the Hillary haters.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

The state dept said the info wasn't classified at the time it was sent.

Read that a few times and you may start to understand why your reply is irrelevant.

That's because they didn't know about most of them.

No dummy. They determined this recently after investigating everything.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Classified information may be marked, or it may be unmarked. It doesn't need a label on it to be considered classified. As a matter of fact, as Secretary of State, I can bet you money that some of Hillarys daily phone calls would have been considered classified information.... its kind of hard to put a classification header on a phone conversation, but that's the way it works.

edit on R552016-01-30T20:55:54-06:00k551Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

That means at least 1 of those emails contained Talent Keyhole information and would have been classified before it ever hit Hillarys server.

Can you prove that? Is it absolutely impossible and against policy to retroactively classify something with the TK level?

You do know what retroactive classification is, correct?

You can only focus on the fact that AT LEAST ONE EMAIL was classified Top

I invite you to reread your entire post. You talk about this 1 email more than I do. The only reason I brought it up was because you made it a point of contention.

There is absolutely no proof of what was in that one email, other than the fact it contained TK information.

Again, that is only correct if you can prove that the TK classification has never been used retroactively.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Though the haters here weren't savvy enough to find a credible link to the IG letter, I did find some references to it in credible news stories. However, there were other state dept officials who were on record disagreeing with the IG conclusions.

And the recent announcement by the state dept that the newly classified emails were not classified when they were sent would weaken the claim of the IG.

Wish I had copied the links when I read those references, but objective folks can google "email classified John Kirby" then filter out the right wing crap and you will find the stories.

Washington post goes to length to make Hillary look bad, but they disregarded the quite where John Kirby flat out says the emails were NOT classified when they were sent and were upgraded more recently.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

John Kirby from state dept said the emails were not classified when they were sent. The only partisan reaction here are the Hillary haters.

That's because the State Dept didn't have access to them until Hillary gave them up when somebody let the cat out of the bag about her personal system.

Some were sent out, some were received in from people (like Sidney Blumenthal) outside the government.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

However, there were other state dept officials who were on record disagreeing with the IG conclusions.

Of course some "other state dept officials" disagree.

They are on the hot seat too.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
Classified information may be marked, or it may be unmarked. It doesn't need a label on it to be considered classified. As a matter of fact, as Secretary of State, I can bet you money that some of Hillarys daily phone calls would have been considered classified information.... its kind of hard to put a classification header on a phone conversation, but that's the way it works.

That's true. But it's desired to be marked to alert people to the sensitivity.

The Intel community tries to inform everyone what's classified and what's not, but it's an impossible task for everyone to get everything correct.

They publish guides in specific projects saying what is and what isn't classified. They are updated regularly. Not everyone in the projects even know about these guides or has time to read them. The tendency is to over classify lots of things just to be safe, but even then lots is missed.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

However, there were other state dept officials who were on record disagreeing with the IG conclusions.

Of course some "other state dept officials" disagree.

They are on the hot seat too.

John Kirby and the investigators are not in the hot seat.

You're just making crap up to fit your narrative.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

www.cnn.com...

from the CNN article.....

"It's certainly possible that for any number of reasons, traffic can be sent that's not marked appropriately for its classification. That is certainly possible," Kirby said.

yup, especially when the Secretary of State is using a private system !!!

edit on Jan-30-2016 by xuenchen because: klunk klunk

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Look man....fictional example:

Person A: Sends TK related email to Person B on 1 Jan 2014 on a Top Secret network.

Person B: Writes down all the information from the Top Secret network and puts it into an unclassified email and sends it off to Hillary on 2 Jan 2014.

Then comes FOIA requests for Hillarys emails on 1 Mar 2014.

On 1 Jun 2014, State Department goes,,, oopsey... some of these may have been classified!

On Dec 31, 2015 State Department "retroactively" classifies Hillarys email as Top Secret//SI//TK//NOFORN prior to release to the public...

Guess what? None of that matters in the least, from a security stand point, that email was classified when it was originally sent on 01 Jan 2014, not when the State Department "retroactively" classified it on 31 Dec 2014...

I can't explain to you any other way than using the fictional example above. Anybody in the IC community will tell you that is the way this stuff works.

edit on R052016-01-30T21:05:57-06:00k051Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R072016-01-30T21:07:05-06:00k071Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R102016-01-30T21:10:24-06:00k101Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

That's because the State Dept didn't have access to them until Hillary gave them up when somebody let the cat out of the bag about her personal system.

Some were sent out, some were received in from people (like Sidney Blumenthal) outside the government.

No. I explained this. They investigated the emails more recently after getting them from the servers and determined they were not classified AT THE TIME THEY WERE SENT.

Read my cnn and Vox links. It explains it all. But I know you have an agenda so won't.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

John Kirby and the investigators are not in the hot seat.

You're just making crap up to fit your narrative.

But "others" are. Those are the ones Kirby is talking about.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

www.cnn.com...

"It's certainly possible that for any number of reasons, traffic can be sent that's not marked appropriately for its classification. That is certainly possible," Kirby said.

After that he said this:

But he added that he wasn't going to make any judgments about this particular case.

"All I can tell you definitively is it wasn't marked classified at the time it was sent," Kirby said.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

www.cnn.com...

Yep, and that does not refute anything I've said. The same guy also says they determined the new,y classified emails were not classified at the time they were sent.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

No. I explained this. They investigated the emails more recently after getting them from the servers and determined they were not classified AT THE TIME THEY WERE SENT.

Read my cnn and Vox links. It explains it all. But I know you have an agenda so won't.

True. Because the emails were on a private outside system.

Hillary had it "locked" out until she was forced to release all the emails including the server and that thumbdrive that her lawyer had.

(post by SkyNetBeware removed for a manners violation)
(post by SkyNetBeware removed for a manners violation)

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join