It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Galatians; The promise to Abraham

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: areyousirius360

It would vary ever after as Gnosticism is not a one dogma unified official church

This is the issue here...

There wasn't a "gnostic religion" back in the early couple centuries... The gnostics were "Christians" with different beliefs. They adopted Christianity as a major part of their belief system, but gnostic beliefs actually predated Christianity... before Jesus it was loosely based around greek mythology

There were writers, and people that agreed with them... not an actual religion, just an offshoot of Christianity

They were deemed Heretics by the church, and eventually wiped out... likely when Constantine made Christianity the official state religion... but the persecution of the gnostic writers started before that time

But they must have been Greeks who put their own spin on the Christos as she was also incarnated in The Virgin Mary and known as his syzygy, some kind of wife.

I believe you're getting the Mary's mixed up... Jesus mother wasn't the same as the one that was supposed to be the spouse...

Egyptian Gnostics have a great many texts with legitimate potential. I am thinking they were stained by the Greek Gnostics and could have worked with the early church. I think it's a travesty, whatever happened.

There is really no evidence of an actual Gnostic Church... IF you know of some feel free to link me up...

Like I said, there were writers who were considered "gnostic" by the fathers of the early church... not a religion called Gnosticism...

Why did Catholicism adopt so much paganism and so cruelly persecute everyone else?

Probably to appease the emperor... but they got all nasty because they had their new God... they had to show the world he was powerful... and anyone that disagreed with what they wanted to teach was eliminated.

edit on 30-1-2016 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
No I got the whole thing right as I read it. Mary was an incarceration of sophia and Sophia was also Jesus bride. I can only sat it was two websites but I didn't misreport anything. I can see the Greek doing that to blend it with the ideas of the Egyptian trinity.
I also stated as you repeated there was no central church.
Listening to the early church fathers is pointless vas it was propaganda then worthless misinformation. Too many times people quote them as if it proves anything. Old lies are still lies.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
This thread is part of a series which began here;
Getting the gospel from Christ

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI
Paul is the one who introduced Pharisee legalism into Messianic Judaism, which had 2 simple laws.
#1. Love God with all your heart.
#2. Love your neighbors as yourself.

It's too easy for the Pharisee who never knew Jesus. He didn't know anything. Why do you think there is the ongoing faith vs. works debate. Paul introduces the term works of law and considers Christ the end of the law. The same law Jesus came to fulfill and said will never end.
Reconciling contradictions is now a profession, apologists, because the contradictions are so numerous and people "need correcting" the bible is "perfect"'.
Yeah right.
Thanks Balaam

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Paul is the one who introduced Pharisee legalism into Messianic Judaism, which had 2 simple laws.
#1. Love God with all your heart.
#2. Love your neighbors as yourself.

It's too easy for the Pharisee who never knew Jesus. He didn't know anything. Why do you think there is the ongoing faith vs. works debate. Paul introduces the term works of law and considers Christ the end of the law. The same law Jesus came to fulfill and said will never end.
Reconciling contradictions is now a profession, apologists, because the contradictions are so numerous and people "need correcting" the bible is "perfect"'.
Yeah right.
Thanks Balaam

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: areyousirius360
This thread is only about the arguments laid out in Galatians ch3, but I'll be looking at the words of Jesus in threads later this year.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
You mentioned legalism so people need to know that comes from Paul not Jesus. Paul of the tribe of the wolf, as John the Baptist is Elijah, Paul is Balaam.
Paul was a wolf. If you want to promote him as a prophet I'm going to show people otherwise, and I don't need to go of topic because every word out of his mouth is trash.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join