It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you seen this ad? "Bernie Sanders - The President We Need"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Which is the exact reason to not vote for him. He thinks his dreams are viable. What a sincere, dangerous, economically illiterate moron.

LOL!!!

...said the Romans to the fans of Jesus.

Did you just compare Sanders to Jesus? And you called me willfully ignorant?

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

It's called 'reality'

....said the Romans to the fans of Jesus.

edit on 1/30/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

a reply to: TheTory

I totally disagree.
It is the responsibility of all of us to make sure all of us are okay.

Buzzy....

If he wins, and none of his plans work, and things progressively get worse, as they have been doing now for decades....

Will you finally realize the system is BROKEN, and not designed to go in new directions ?

Somehow I do not think you could handle the destruction and carnage that it will take to create the kind of Earth you and I BOTH WANT.

I feel badly that you do not see just how unlikely the odds are, of Bernie managing to pull ANYTHING off that benefits the masses.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

"When you get down to basics, and you talk about morality,
it seems to me that the least that we can do as a nation,
a nation which has more income and wealth inequality than any other major country on Earth,
a nation in which the wealthiest people are becoming phenomenally richer
while we have over 40 million people living in poverty,

the very LEAST that we could say,
is that nobody in America goes hungry."

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Will you finally realize the system is BROKEN, and not designed to go in new directions ?

I already realize the system is BROKEN, my friend.

Where will it go? It has to go "somewhere".

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

It's called 'reality'

....said the Romans to the fans of Jesus.

Since we're being redundant...

Did you just compare Sanders to Jesus? And you called me willfully ignorant?

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   
The video is well done, no doubt. I do not agree with many of his policy theory, but the one thing I do agree with is his stance on the big bankers and corporations.

If we look at Bernie honestly, he is just another career politician.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

a reply to: TheTory

I totally disagree.
It is the responsibility of all of us to make sure all of us are okay.

Buzzy....

If he wins, and none of his plans work, and things progressively get worse, as they have been doing now for decades....

Somehow I do not think you could handle the destruction and carnage that it will take to create the kind of Earth you and I BOTH WANT.

I feel badly that you do not see just how unlikely the odds are, of Bernie managing to pull ANYTHING off that benefits the masses.

Are you trying to fix the universe with silly politics and "destruction and carnage"? Wake up! If the whole universe is an artificial build like an hologram or whatever, we should find how the heck is everyone and everything being held there!
edit on 16201624amk2016 by yosako because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
As I have been saying on the Trump threads.

Sanders or Trump are NEVER going to happen.

Because of the Electoral College unless you live in certain states most of your votes pretty much dont count.

TPTB will make sure its going to be Clinton II or Bush III or maybe Rubio or Cruz if they are feeling lenient.

The EC will NEVER let a present in that could be a reformer and derail the gravy train.

And anyone that’s thinks otherwise is just as naïve as the Trumpeters

You must not be from this country. The electoral college can THEORETICALLY overturn the will of voters but they haven't done and don't do such things because it would undeniably handicap that candidate and the entire party's platform going into the general.

This is a nice "thinking" exercise but not a practical possibility. Case-in-point: Hillary racked up a commanding super delegate lead, and her super delegates all cast their votes for Obama reflecting the will of voters. Big delegate counts help with "inevitability" talking points and corporate donors though. Sanders has no use for either.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Did you just compare Sanders to Jesus?

Isn't that your cup of tea? Aren't you "Christians" supposed to measure everyone as compared to Jesus? Try your best to be like him?

What Jesus reportedly said and what Sanders is saying are similar. Many, many others have said it, too. It has to do with morality. Feeding others, ensuring that no one slips through the cracks or dies because they can't afford 'medical care'....

Would you like me to compare you to Jesus? Or any of the other candidates to Jesus?

How about compare me to Jesus?

Oh, and your wifey says what one does after college is what matters to her; so here's to satisfying that:

I helped people. Lots of people. Through the public and non-profit sectors. People who otherwise would have languished in despair, insanity, disenfranchisement, confusion, and counter-productive behaviors; people who the likes of you would shun.

Children with behavioral and emotional issues (like spitting on other people), parents who didn't know how to be effective, teens who needed guidance and asked for it, adults who were lost and addicted, ex-cons who wanted to reintegrate into society......personality disordered individuals who needed to learn new coping skills, who had violent tendencies (toward themselves and others). Immigrants who were trying to establish lives here. Etc. And so on.

Who have you helped? Ever?

Oh, and I just want to add: I was born this way, and it has nothing to do with whether or not "Jesus" would have approved. It's simply who I am. Always a "SJW." Works. Helping. I was a helper from the time I arrived on this planet.
edit on 1/31/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

Is there anything else then? Can we stop talking now? I don't like talking to you. Either of you. It leaves a really bad taste in my mouth.

edit on 1/31/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

One more time for the road, folks:
"When you get down to basics, and you talk about morality,
it seems to me that the least that we can do as a nation,
a nation which has more income and wealth inequality than any other major country on Earth,
a nation in which the wealthiest people are becoming phenomenally richer
while we have over 40 million people living in poverty,

the very LEAST that we could say,
is that nobody in America goes hungry."
~Bernie Sanders

The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much it is whether we provide enough for those who have little.

Franklin D. Roosevelt

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Buzzy don't cha know the new Jesus says work all your life to support those that have, those that don't have we don't need.

I miss the old Jesus that tipped over the money changers tables in protest of their greed, then beat them!

John 2:15

English Standard Version
And making a whip of cords, he drove them all out of the temple, with the sheep and oxen. And he poured out the coins of the money-changers and overturned their tables.

Sounds like Bernie and the Banksters!

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Ok so I watched the OP's video. Here're things Bernie says:

"When you get down to basics and you talk about morality, it seems to be that the least we can do as a nation, a nation which has more income and wealth inequality than any other major country on Earth, a nation in which the wealthiest people are becoming phenomenally richer, while we have over 40 million people living in poverty, the very least that we could say is that nobody in american goes hungry. That I would hope would be the least that we could say in a civilized democratic society."

"A great nation will not survive, in my view, when so few have so much and so many have so little."

"Too big to fail means too big to exist."

"We as a nation are the only country in the industrialized world not to guarantee healthcare. 45,000 people die each year because they don't get to a doctor on time--which is why btw i'm a strong advocate of a medicare for all single payer programs."

"When millions of people stand up and fight: they win."

Now if I take those things and think about them, it's a very familiar sentiment in history. The poor against the rich. The weak against the powerful! The only trouble is, this same sentiment can be applied to the US itselt and not necessarily in its favor. Bernie uses it in the favor of the poor ameircans to gain their vote. But what about the poor people in Congo? Or Nigeria? Here's a list of some of the poorest countries:
1. MADAGASCAR
2. GUINEA
3. ERITREA
4. MOZAMBIQUE
5. NIGER (no this is not Nigeria--but it borders it)
6. BURUNDI
7. LIBERIA
8. MALAWI
9. DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF THE CONGO
10. CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC

Many more. Vastly greater poverty than in the US.

So let me ask you, is Bernie campaigning for the US people, or for Nicaraguans or someone from a lesser country? Because if he really follows his word to its logical conclusion, he must do that. US is itself the big powerful bully ruling over many desperate starved countries.

Ponder this: Are you ready to give up some of your income or some of your medical care, so that someone in Viet Nam can get an education? Helping the needy or the suffering is not just words, it's actions.
edit on 1/31/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

Wow talk about grasping for straws!

While equality for all is a wonderful ideal, it is hardly the responsibility of US presidents to create worldwide equality. Why do you presume it would be president Sanders goal to bring worldwide or really why not say universal equality into play?

In your Sanders quotes he mentions only nation, why would you attempt to change what he has said???

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlaskanDad

Wow talk about grasping for straws!

While equality for all is a wonderful ideal, it is hardly the responsibility of US presidents to create worldwide equality. Why do you presume it would be president Sanders goal to bring worldwide or really why not say universal equality into play?

In your Sanders quotes he mentions only nation, why would you attempt to change what he has said???

I didn't change what he said. I only said what he couldn't.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: jonnywhite

You might not have noticed but Sanders can speak for himself!

He does not need your advice nor the nonsensical answer you gave to your own hypothetical and leading questions.

How does your leading hypothetical questions or that BS answer belong in a debate or even a serious discussion.

My answer to you is Sanders will make a better president that Hillary or the others!

edit on 31-1-2016 by AlaskanDad because: typos

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlaskanDad

originally posted by: jonnywhite

You might not have noticed but Sanders can speak for himself!

He does not need your advice nor the nonsensical answer you gave to your own hypothetical and leading questions.

How does your leading hypothetical questions or that BS answer belong in a debate or even a serious discussion.

My answer to you is Sanders will make a better president that Hillary or the others!

Caring for the poor or the weakest shouldn't only extend to those living in the US. The US is 177th on the poverty list I used earlier, so it's not the poorest by any stretch of the truth. By logical conclusion, Bernie's humanity should also extend to everybody else on the planet. So let me ask you, do you believe Bernie is being honest? The video says he's honest. It's a claim and I'm testing it. If he's honest and true, his heart will extend to all people, just as yours should. And one must ask, if he's truly honest then who's he campaigning for? People of the US or people of Earth? As a voter, I wonder about that. Am I voting for my country or another?

EDIT: The US is the 9th richest country in the world. There're 196 countries in the world. It's a world made increasingly small by technology and cultural blur. Borders are falling like water finds the easiest route.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

America needs to learn how to fish and feed their people efficiently before they can even think about instructing others in this world. Unfortunately, the truth that needs to be realized is that America is impulsive and immature teenager in this global environment. We have a lot of vision and stamina to take on the world but have not fully reached our reasoning capabilities. We are still too impulsive. Will it happen with Bernie? America may not be ready for Bernie yet...he may assist us in the right direction. I just know that tantrum throwing impulsive responding Trumps supporters shows that our country may still be too young to be much of a benefit in our aging world.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

The true problem is greed, you know it is one of the deadly sins, greed is a few having lavish excesses while others starve

62 people have as much wealth as world’s 3.6B poorest

January 26, 2016
Since the richest 1% people own more wealth than what the remaining 99% people own, the wealth gap is greater NOW than it has been in decades. World’s smartest investors continue making a lot of money compared to those who fear taking the opportunities or aren’t rich to invest. According to a report published by anti-poverty charity Oxfam, 62 people in the world own as much wealth as much the poorest half of the world population. These 62 people, out of which 53 are men, come from either super-rich or political background and have mainly used the infamous super-rich vehicle i.e. hedge funds to get where they are today.

source

Who knows what the people of the US of A would do for the poor of world, if the US of A was under the control of its own people rather than our corporate politicians, that's the real question not what will Sanders do!

As for Sanders being honest, I have not seen any proof he is dishonest.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join