It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you seen this ad? "Bernie Sanders - The President We Need"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I hope this is not out of bounds to post because at the very very end it has a "donate subscribe now" call to action screen - but, I think that's okay, isn't it???? If it violates T&C, please notify me, and I will edit; or whatever, snip it out if needs be.

The reason I present it is that Bernie didn't get more than one mention in that 'debate' last night. Every question they asked was "How will you beat HILLARY?" (not, "your opponent", or "Bernie").....

Monday is a big day. A Big, Big day.

I just think it's important that any readers/members on ATS have had a chance to see it (I'm not in Iowa, but have lots of family there).

It's a series of clips of Bernie (with admittedly dramatic background music) speaking, and media mention of him from last spring....
I don't really watch tv, so I don't see this kind of thing.

Everything he's saying resonates with millions of people - I would hope that you all would show enough respect to listen to what he is saying, and stop calling him a "communist." Just, listen, please.

And if you're a GOPer, watch to see what your candidate might actually be up against.....
very interesting, historic election, this.
edit on 1/29/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: typos, sorry

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Why are you surprised? He is as much an outsider to the establishment as Ted Cruz is. Honestly Rubio made the best comment of the night on the GOP debate.

Bernie Sanders is a good candidate for President....................for Sweden!!! First intelligent thing I have heard Rubio say in this election!

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Okay, thanks for your feedback. Did you watch it?
Are you surprised at how strong his campaign is? The media sure did seem to be last spring.

He's nothing to ignore, and Rubio may have to face him. How would he beat him on policies?

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
As I have been saying on the Trump threads.

Sanders or Trump are NEVER going to happen.

Because of the Electoral College unless you live in certain states most of your votes pretty much dont count.

TPTB will make sure its going to be Clinton II or Bush III or maybe Rubio or Cruz if they are feeling lenient.

The EC will NEVER let a present in that could be a reformer and derail the gravy train.

And anyone that’s thinks otherwise is just as naïve as the Trumpeters

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I hadn't seen that ad. It's a good one... I added his last quote to my signature.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Hmmm. Thanks for your response.
Looks to me like it might happen.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I think the guys great. It seems most Americans seem to believe in the trickle down effect or accepting the scraps from the billionaires table, because it's more Intune with the American Dream, that you can be a billionaire too.

Still I think sanders has got integrity, is a good man who would do the right thing for most Americans not just the elite, but I'm from the uk, so don't really understand America enough to understand why he lacks mass appeal

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

If I knew Berney Sanders could deliver on the affordable education and would talk more about fixing the broken education system as is, then I would vote for him. He just seems to want to vaguely promise to make all schooling affordable. All of his promises seem too good to be true.

I fear we are stuck with Trump or Hillary, which was Director Slick Willies plan all along.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Hmmm. Thanks for your response.
Looks to me like it might happen.

Why?

Because he carry’s the popular vote?

That irrelevant

The electoral college are who decide who will be president and in nearly half of states the representatives don’t have to vote in favour of the popular vote.

Those sitting on the EC are long term trusted career politicians entrenched in the system. You really think they will let a reformer in?

Only way Sanders or Trump will get in by popular vote is will you guys pick up your guns and stand outside were the EC is held and force them to vote in favour of the people at gun point!

To ignore this facts makes you naive.
edit on 29-1-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

We can certainly hope and work to make it so...

Whatever anyone may think of our current system in theoretical terms, it is simply not working for the huge majority of people. We do need something different.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Open_Minded Skeptic

We can certainly hope and work to make it so...

Whatever anyone may think of our current system in theoretical terms, it is simply not working for the huge majority of people. We do need something different.

And thats why he wont get in unless at the barrel of a gun.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Because of the Electoral College unless you live in certain states most of your votes pretty much dont count.

TPTB will make sure its going to be Clinton II or Bush III or maybe Rubio or Cruz if they are feeling lenient.

The EC will NEVER let a present in that could be a reformer and derail the gravy train.

It can't be Bush, his numbers are so low as for him to be invisible right now. Rand Paul is getting more air time than Bush. And Sanders is crushing Clinton in the Polls. I'm hopeful that we'll get an outsider in there. I'm not sure Cruz is the outsider you were looking for, he appears to be an establishment republican more and more as does Rubio.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

It is, isn't it?
I like the very beginning one, too....

"When you get down to basics, and you talk about morality,
it seems to me that the least that we can do as a nation,
a nation which has more income and wealth inequality than any other major country on Earth,
a nation in which the wealthiest people are becoming phenomenally richer
while we have over 40 million people living in poverty,

the very LEAST that we could say,
is that nobody in America goes hungry."
(emphasis original)

It brings tears to my eyes.

Also - the opening quote by FDR:

The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much it is whether we provide enough for those who have little.

Franklin D. Roosevelt

Read more at www.brainyquote.com...

edit on 1/29/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
It seems most Americans seem to believe in the trickle down effect or accepting the scraps from the billionaires table, because it's more Intune with the American Dream, that you can be a billionaire too.

And that's the hell of it... the trickle-down model could work. The theory is that if the upper levels of the economic ladder gets all kinds of breaks, then they will invest, create jobs, etc etc and all that will flow downhill.

And that could work. But the upper levels of the economic ladder have totally failed on their end of it. Given that they have failed to live up to their commitments in this regard, it only makes sense to try something else. And we can start by removing all the special breaks that economic class has received since the 1980s, and try a different model.

Whatever anyone thinks of the theory, it is inarguable that the implementation has been a miserable failure, in terms of the nation. Of course, in terms of the beneficiaries of this theory, they think it's a great system, and it is. For them.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: hubrisinxs

He just seems to want to vaguely promise to make all schooling affordable. All of his promises seem too good to be true.

No, he has a plan for each goal.

It’s Time to Make College Tuition Free and Debt Free Shows the step by step plan.

Read up on him. He's not playing.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Exactly.

Here in the "real world" only Evil reigns.

Look at all the leaders of the world over the years (the majority of them) - corrupt sociopathic villains.

Only Evil will ever win on our world. That's one of the reasons that this life is only temporary.

Bernie is a good guy, therefore he will loose.

Just like Ron Paul lost
Just like MLK was killed.
Just like JFK was killed.
Just like Lincoln, Gandhi, etc

It's fun to dream and hope for change but the only change this world will ever see is the ever increasing homogenization of our human essence as each year brings us down, lower and lower to an equal and hopeless level.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

It can't be Bush, his numbers are so low as for him to be invisible right now. Rand Paul is getting more air time than Bush. And Sanders is crushing Clinton in the Polls. I'm hopeful that we'll get an outsider in there. I'm not sure Cruz is the outsider you were looking for, he appears to be an establishment republican more and more as does Rubio.

Again poplar vote and poll ratings don’t matter.
You do not vote for the president. It’s the representatives from your state (career politicians) that do.

In many states the EC candidates that elect a president only go with the poplar vote in there state out of Curtesy.

That’s mean if you live for example in Arizona 70% of the state could vote for Trump but the EC representatives can still ignore that and vote in Bush or Clinton.

And don’t think its a rarely used power as it has been used many times before.

Legally the EC means they can put in a president nobody voted for.
Of course it would mean mass outrage.

But is the outrage worth keeping the corruption and gravy train going for those in country?

Why is a Brit explaining how your elections works? Dont they teach citizenship in the USA?

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Yes, I understand all that, and have my suspicions about rigged elections and puppet shows.
Be that as it may, with his support base as big as it is, this is still an unprecedented modern candidacy......
the snowball's been rolling for decades now.....
It's become an avalanche - big enough to squash an entire district...Washington D.C.........

The very, very end quote (which BH has just added to her signature) bears repeating:

When millions of people stand up and fight - they win. ~Bernie Sanders

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

That irrelevant

The electoral college are who decide who will be president and in nearly half of states the representatives don’t have to vote in favour of the popular vote.

Can you name an election when the Electoral College voted in opposition to what the state's directed by their votes? You cannot because the Electoral College doesn't do that. If you'd like to know the intricacies of the Electoral College, go look here. The issues involving the Electoral College have nothing whatsoever to do with its members "going rogue" and voting in opposition to their remit.

Now I don't believe Sanders has a real chance, and the reason the GOP keeps talking about Hillary is because they know they can beat Sanders in the General, but your analysis of how the election works is not only naive, it's completely misleading.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

That irrelevant

Can you name an election when the Electoral College voted in opposition to what the state's directed by their votes? You cannot because the Electoral College doesn't do that. If you'd like to know the intricacies of the Electoral College, go look here. The issues involving the Electoral College have nothing whatsoever to do with its members "going rogue" and voting in opposition to their remit.

Now I don't believe Sanders has a real chance, and the reason the GOP keeps talking about Hillary is because they know they can beat Sanders in the General, but your analysis of how the election works is not only naive, it's completely misleading.

Four times actually.

And Faithless Electors has happened 157 times!

But they do have the power in 22 states to vote against the peoples vote.

If it was between two safe choices like Clinton and Bush they would just let it go on popular vote as the outcome wont really effcet the status quo.

On a vote between say Trump and Clinton or Sanders and Cruz/Bush ect they will I guarantee have a few EC reps vote counter to their states wishes to get the "safe" candidate in.

Why would they let a reformer in when they dont have to?

Your naive if you trust your goverment!

Edit :actually your wrong
A US president has been elected FOUR times without the popular vote.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join