It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Clinton Emails 'Too Damaging' to Release

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
WTF? So Josh Earnest just stated Hillary Clinton is NOT a target of the investigation!

"Some officials have said she is not the target of the investigation and it does not seem to be the direction in which it is trending."

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

...and yet, the intelligence community finds some of her emails (UPDATE: 22 emails) "too damaging" to national security to even release under any circumstances.

Does anyone else smell a rat in the White House?

IMO: They know she's guilty as hell too...but are testing the waters for having the DOJ bounce any indictment recommendation against Clinton from the FBI, that is obviously about to come down.

EXCLUSIVE: The intelligence community has now deemed some of Hillary Clinton’s emails “too damaging" to national security to release under any circumstances, according to a U.S. government official close to the ongoing review. A second source, who was not authorized to speak on the record, backed up the finding.

The decision to withhold the documents in full, and not provide even a partial release with redactions, further undercuts claims by the State Department and the Clinton campaign that none of the intelligence in the emails was classified when it hit Clinton's personal server.

Fox News is told the emails include intelligence from "special access programs," or SAP, which is considered beyond “Top Secret.” A Jan. 14 letter, first reported by Fox News, from intelligence community Inspector General Charles McCullough III notified senior intelligence and foreign relations committee leaders that "several dozen emails containing classified information” were determined to be “at the CONFIDENTIAL, SECRET, AND TOP SECRET/SAP levels."

The State Department is trying to finish its review and public release of thousands of Clinton emails, as the Democratic presidential primary contests get underway in early February.

Under the Freedom of Information Act, or FOIA, there is an exemption that allows for highly sensitive, and in this case classified, material to be withheld in full -- which means nothing would be released in these cases, not even heavily redacted versions, which has been standard practice with the 1,340 such emails made public so far by the State Department.

According to the Justice Department FOIA website, exemption “B3” allows a carve-out for both the CIA and NSA to withhold "operational files." Similar provisions also apply to other agencies.

Fox News reported Friday that at least one Clinton email contained information identified as "HCS-O," which is the code for intelligence from human spying.

One source, not authorized to speak on the record, suggested the intelligence agencies are operating on the assumption there are more copies of the Clinton emails out there, and even releasing a partial email would provide enough clues to trace back to the original – which could allow the identification of “special access programs” intelligence.

There was no comment to Fox News from the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, the Office of the Intelligence Community Inspector General, or the agency involved. Fox News has chosen not to identify the agency that provided sworn declarations that intelligence beyond Top Secret was found in the Clinton emails.

Reached for comment by Fox News, a State Department official did not dispute that some emails will never be made public.

“We continue to process the next set of former Secretary Clinton’s emails for release under the FOIA process and will have more to say about it later,” the official said. “As always, we take seriously our responsibilities to protect sensitive information.”

The State Department was scheduled to release more Clinton emails Friday, while asking a D.C. federal court for an extension.

FBI investigators looking into the emails are focused on the criminal code pertaining to “gross negligence” in the handling and storage of classified information, and “public corruption.”

FULL Article:
www.foxnews.com...
edit on 29-1-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-1-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
The toaster is ready to POP.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

The decision to withhold the documents in full, and not provide even a partial release with redactions, further undercuts claims by the State Department and the Clinton campaign that none of the intelligence in the emails was classified when it hit Clinton's personal server

We need to realize why "classifications" are being made AFTER the State dept people see the emails.

They don't even know what's "classified" and what isn't because they don't see every email or text message or hear every conversation in real time.

All the press about the stuff not being classified at the time is coming from one source....

The Hillary Clinton for President Campaign

The SD has to go through all the messages now because they are under court order to release them to the public because of FOIA requests.

Even Congress can't get all the real top secret stuff.

This scandal is very deep.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I think perhaps the Whitehouse comments are there to keep
up appearances for Hillary? Make it look as if Obama is supporting
her, when in reality the investigation is beefed up.

These SAP classified emails are the same category Petraeus had
on his computer. Lets hope justice is applied fairly!

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

US declares 22 Clinton emails 'top secret'

The Obama administration confirmed for the first time Friday that Hillary Clinton's unsecured home server contained closely guarded government secrets, censoring 22 emails with material requiring one of the highest levels of classification. The revelation comes just three days before the Iowa presidential nominating caucuses in which Clinton is a candidate.

Department officials also said the agency's Diplomatic Security and Intelligence and Research bureaus will investigate whether any of the information was classified at the time of transmission, going to the heart of one of Clinton's primary defenses of her email practices hosted.ap.org...

Interesting timing.
Appears it is a game being played out.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Uh Oh.
Looks like 18 email messages between Hillary and Obama are also not going to be released.
Benghazi, anyone?

Separately, Kirby said the department also was withholding eight email chains, totaling 18 messages, between President Barack Obama and Clinton. These are remaining confidential "to protect the president's ability to receive unvarnished advice and counsel," but will ultimately be released like other presidential records.

hosted.ap.org...

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I thought she said it was just emails on yoga and recipes.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I've said it before, she's to big to jail and someone on her team will be the fall guy.

Damnit to hell! I was hoping something would happen soon with this causing her to drop out of the race and, hopefully, end up behind bars.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
...and yet, the intelligence community finds some of her emails (UPDATE: 22 emails) "too damaging" to national security to even release under any circumstances.

Oh yes.

'National security' is just another word for 'The protection of the establishment order'
Just like 'Advanced interrogation technique' is simply "torture".

I think it was George Orwell who said "If you control language, you can control thought".

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

What would Josh Ernst know about a criminal investigation against Hillary anyway?

Unless Josh Ernst and the White House have been tapping into the investigating officers electronics and getting an inside scoop.

Obama did come out and almost, ALMOST, gave Hillary an endorsement earlier this week so it might be the White House trying to save face.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: gpols

What would Josh Ernst know about a criminal investigation against Hillary anyway?

Unless Josh Ernst and the White House have been tapping into the investigating officers electronics and getting an inside scoop.

Obama did come out and almost, ALMOST, gave Hillary an endorsement earlier this week so it might be the White House trying to save face.

The White House HAD to admit the stuff was 'classified'...so they could also be able to admit to the 18 Clinton-Obama email string they have to keep from being revealed under the bogus reasoning: "to protect the president's ability to receive unvarnished advice and counsel".

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

I've said it before, she's to big to jail and someone on her team will be the fall guy.

Damnit to hell! I was hoping something would happen soon with this causing her to drop out of the race and, hopefully, end up behind bars.

Patience, my friend.
P.S. My sarcasm meter is working just fine.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Looks like The Hillary Clinton for President Campaign

will soon be re-named...

The Hillary Clinton Defense Fund Campaign

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Separately, Kirby said the department also was withholding eight email chains, totaling 18 messages, between President Barack Obama and Clinton. These are remaining confidential "to protect the president's ability to receive unvarnished advice and counsel," but will ultimately be released like other presidential records.

"unvarnished" ...

or is it more like "shellacked"

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

...or 'white-washed'.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Haven't we already passed the point of enough damning evidence to discount her as a candidate? It baffles me Clinton continues to have such widespread support...but then I feel that way about a few candidates for both parties.

But when will people say "Enough"?

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Hmmmm, I was thinking "white(water)washed.

Can't wait to see how she spins this one. The old "GOP out to get me" isn't going to work much longer. I would think Bernie will have a great time in iowa!

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTATI figure they will have to prosecute Hillary in the end. If they do not it will set a president that future politicians will follow. They will use the excuse that Hillary did it so I can to.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I find it equally suspicious that the DNC has not revoked her membership and that her campaign supporters have buried their collective heads in the sand singing "la la la" with fingers in ears over this scandal.

Clearly, El Chapo could have used her advisors when it comes to dodging jail time and criminal charges.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
How many more "anonymous officials from X organization who cannot speak officially and name is withheld" will keep popping up? It is getting really boring reading articles with these and fox news seems to be doing this a lot with Hillary.

As to the rest of the article I just want the FBI to finish its investigation so we can stop with the bull of people jumping on sides with no evidence.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join