It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S., British spies hacked Israeli air force: reports citing Snowden

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

The spy operation, codenamed "Anarchist", was run out of a Cyprus base and targeted other Middle East states too, it said. Its findings were mirrored by stories in Germany's Der Spiegel news magazine and the online publication The Intercept, which lists Snowden confidant Glenn Greenwald among its associates.

"We know that the Americans spy on the whole world, and also on us, also on their friends," Steinitz said. "But still, it is disappointing, inter alia because, going back decades already, we have not spied nor collected intelligence nor hacked encryptions in the United States."

U.S., British spies hacked Israeli air force: reports citing Snowden

It seems like there is not much outrage. One could think carrying out an electronic warfare attack against a supposed ally would be an act of war. I also find it interesting that the F35I will integrate israels own EWS, they also will get a PnP infrastructure crafted just for them.

...we have not spied nor collected intelligence nor hacked encryptions in the United States."

No, of course not. They would never do that..

US Officials: Israel Spying On America Has Reached 'Terrifying' Levels

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter
They aren't Israeli spies.....
Theyre ART STUDENTS....

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
In my opinion most nations employ spying; regardless if they're allies, enemies, or even neutral. No country want's to make the mistake of leaving it's guard down or anyone would destroy them.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

edit on 50114v2016Friday by wisvol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
We have to ask, are all these "allies" really allies or is it more a case of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend"

True allies trust each other and don't need to spy on one another

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Snowden is starting to piss meboff now!

Sorry but this is what we pay our spys to do! Spy on and keeping a eye on possible threats!

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
But the price of all this spying is universal distrust and paranoia
Hardly a situation that will lead to any peace or understanding between nations or peoples...
And the cost of it all is dragging the whole world into poverty and slavery of the most insidious kind....
edit on 29-1-2016 by bandersnatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech
We have to ask, are all these "allies" really allies or is it more a case of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend"

That is a dream world built on the dust of trust. Remember that old short and sweet say, "Trust no one." It helps prevents a blade into the back.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Allies always spy on each other. That is the way it has always been. Because each nation no matter how close has its own interest as a priority. It is one of things that when caught nobody makes a big deal out of unless it hits the press and short term fake public outrage occurs.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I found something to read, about cracking & act of war

when a cyber attack constitutes an act of war

I´ve found it to be a good read.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Countries spy on each other - including allies.

Why is that fact so difficult for people to understand.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra
Why do you asume it´s difficult to understand? I saw the article in german and thought that would be smth for ATS, did a search, nothing came up and here we are.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
a reply to: Xcathdra
Why do you asume it´s difficult to understand? I saw the article in german and thought that would be smth for ATS, did a search, nothing came up and here we are.

I replied to you however my comment was not directed at you so my bad / apologies.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teddy916
In my opinion most nations employ spying; regardless if they're allies, enemies, or even neutral. No country want's to make the mistake of leaving it's guard down or anyone would destroy them.

It's more than that. Spying is incredibly important to every nation and actually eases tensions. No one likes to be called out obviously, but spying provides proof that a nation is actually working under the assumption that it will hold to a treaty or negotiation. Without spying the only thing making nations work together is blind trust, and that simply doesn't work.

When you get right down to it, spying is what kept the Cold War from going hot. Spying is what makes people confident in the Iran deal now. Spying is why the US/Canadian border is so poorly guarded against invasion from the other side. In international relations, spying is one of the best things that can be done.

So... of course they spy on the US, just as we spy on them. And it's a good thing both sides are spying on each other.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Interesting...

You are the first person that I have seen to make an argument that places spies, aside from solely spying for obvious reasons, into a realm of, essentially, global checks and balances.

An interesting concept.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

They are allies when they share the same interests.

Not quite. Nations are spying because they are checking to see whether their allies actually do share their same interests.

Spying on allies is almost as important as spying on enemies. US doesn't need to spy to find that al-Qaeda hates them. But before committing to some big risky project, finding out how far your allies are willing to go along, or not, is pretty important.

Nations may be allied on many issues but not on others.

And yes, spying can reduce tensions, if the results come up as expected.

"Trust, but verify". That's how nations treat allies: overtly, and in public, you agree and go along, and then quietly check to see how far your interests converge or don't. It is worse to propose something obviously and publicly that will not be agreed to than to STFU if you believe it will not get traction with your allies. That shows weakness and division to your adversaries and enemies.

Israel spies on the USA because they know for sure that everybody else hates them.

edit on 10-2-2016 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

top topics

join