It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Moon Landing Videos: Fake or Real?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
The first time I saw the first moon landing footage I thought it looked weird but was never-the-less happy to see someone on the moon. Then years later I thought it looked outright fake. But years later again I look at the Apollo 11 footage and think: not only does it look fake, but it actually is fake. I downloaded the 3:02 hour long video (3 hours 2 minutes) titled "Restored Apollo 11 EVA" from:
www.nasa.gov...
I downloaded the 461MB HD version using an application called Mozilla Video Download Helper.

NASA claims there were two people aboard the LM that went to the moon along with one TV camera.

The ghosting effects are so bad that you can easily see entirely through the astronauts into the background as if they are ghosts. The camera is set in its position at the 42:00 minute mark saying "that looks good there Niel". A ghosted image of an astronaut after that point, difficult to see, appears in the middle of the screen. In this beginning, Buzz is setting up a solar collector, but it looks like you can see a ghost copy of that, but from a different angle, in the center of the screen most noticeable at 42:35 and 43:00 more to the right along with a ghost copy of one of the two people. Question 1: Is this actually a different angle, and if so did NASA actually send two video cameras?

From 41:55 to 42:02 as the camera is being finally positioned, notice the small element in the moon surface in background under the "triangle" of background visible formed under the ladder where you can see the horizon in the distance. It looks like a distant rock or bump on the ground, and I'll get back to that in a moment.

At 46:34 they start erecting an American flag and a ghost image of that flag is also seen in the foreground. It is difficult to see what the ghost astronauts are doing at any point. From 48:31 to 49:00 you can see a ghost flag in the bottom left quadrant of the screen at a different angle entirely as the more visible one being erected. So, moving to 53:34 a person says "Direction" on the radio, and the response is "Just like a football player you have to cut a little bit". Next, one astronaut moves forward on the screen towards the flag, but a "third" ghost astronaut, who starts to the right of the flag where it appears there is the TV camera cable, then shuffles to the left of the screen laterally. You can then see through both ghost astronauts to an astronaut standing by the LM. I think everyone will agree that if you look closely, a "third" ghost astronaut is seen shuffling left. Question 2: Why does it look like a third person is there with "Buzz and Armstrong" in ghost form?

But what is more strange, is that as Armstrong moves past the flag at 53:45 you can see not just the American flag through his helmet as if the camera has x-ray vision but ALSO the rock behind the flag in the distant background that showed up when the camera was first set in place. Question 3: How was it possible for the camera to apparently see through a person into a flag, and then behind the flag to a distant element on the horizon?

At 54:01 as a worker is doing his kangaroo hop, the triangle flap on his pack is seen rising in a jerking motion up as he accelerates up in the jump, and falling as he descends down. However, gravity works in such a way that the triangle flap should have been staying put on the way up, and ascending slightly on the way down. This suggests the worker may have been being pulled up by a wire connected to the flap. Question 4: How does gravity double up for an object attached to the top of someone's backpack?

At 1:50:30 should the worker's flashlight really be so visible in the broad daylight? This should be a repeatable experiment on Earth as we can estimate the luminosity involved given the time of day on the moon and the luminosity of their flashlights provided.

At 1:54:14 and 1:54:22 should we really be able to HEAR someone hitting a post with a hammer in the vacuum of space? This is of course a repeatable experiment as on Earth we can form a vacuum where we do the same thing with the same kind of hammer in a vacuum. Gravity should not matter too much.

An expert video editor may be able to isolate these background ghosts by using specialized filters, to determine exactly what they are doing.

Hypothesis: The lunar module may well have gone to the moon, but MEN didn't. They would be dead shortly after passing through the Van Allen belt as the recent Orion mission data will prove beyond any question. Or maybe men did go to the moon and they died of radiation poisoning. Another more remote possibility is that NASA wanted to keep what they found on the moon a secret even if they did send men to the moon. Or perhaps they will fake the Orion data so they can fake a manned mission to Mars more easily. Either way, the data has already been measured but simply not verified, the data that shows you die shortly after entering outer space with only a thin layer of metal as your radiation shield.

In a follow-up post I will have screenshots of what I'm talking about.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Not this again. We went to the moon. The videos are real. Deal with it.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

The real secret that no one is talking about is that the moon is flat.

Just raising awareness here, to think otherwise is ignorant.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
oh boy not this again.

This poor horse has been beaten so much on ATS already.

Personally I think we did. The project had too many people involved for it to be faked.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Real

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

Not only flat but made of cheese, too.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: centarix

I was considering giving you a flag, but I thought it would flap around in the breeze too much.
I was considering giving you a star, but I didn't think you'd be able to see it.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Nice post, thanks.

What I find crazy in the here and now is that the Smithsonian Institute is trying to raise about 700,000 dollars of public funding to restore Neil Armstrong's spacesuit.

Apparently it was only designed to last for about 6 months (although it was designed to survive outer space..
) so now they want to restore something built to survive radiation, vaccum, cold, heat etc etc.

The CBS clip boosting the project:

The conspiracy theory clip knocking it:

I don't thing the footprint issue is a big deal as the conspiracy theory clip states because the suit probably had fitted soles not evident in the clip because they are removable.

Yes, people on this ball of dirt are still starving but some feel they need to spend a huge amount of money on restoring this suit.

Cheers.
edit on 29/1/2016 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

It happened. The whole world stopped to watch.

I was going to school at the time and here in Australia it was a very big deal.
We were a part of this historic occasion. The Parkes telescope was used to beam comms. back to mission control
when the ( not flat ) Earth rotated to such a point where the two hemispheres as well as opposite sides of the planet were needed to stay in touch.

I got to see it happen in glorious black & white and felt the sense of occasion. It was real.

Heck we even made a movie about it ! ( The Dish )

I do hope future doubters will find one of the existing on-going debates rather than trot out the same. Again.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

The short answer to all your questions is that the supposed transparency is due to different parts of the scene being present on different scans. In other words, if an astronaut is at point a on one scan, then moves to point b, the background visible at b when the astronaut was at a, will still be visible when the astronaut moves. When the scan catches up, it disappears, but by then the astronaut has moved again. This is why they always have ghostly outlines. The TV camera on Apollo 11 was a unique slow scan device.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

I don't thing the footprint issue is a big deal as the conspiracy theory clip states because the suit probably had fitted soles not evident in the clip because they are removable.

Correct, there were overshoes.

Yes, people on this ball of dirt are still starving but some feel they need to spend a huge amount of money on restoring this suit.

The poor will be with you always.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Timely

It happened. The whole world stopped to watch.

I was going to school at the time and here in Australia it was a very big deal.
We were a part of this historic occasion. The Parkes telescope was used to beam comms. back to mission control
when the ( not flat ) Earth rotated to such a point where the two hemispheres as well as opposite sides of the planet were needed to stay in touch.

I got to see it happen in glorious black & white and felt the sense of occasion. It was real.

Heck we even made a movie about it ! ( The Dish )

I do hope future doubters will find one of the existing on-going debates rather than trot out the same. Again.

The Dish was a great movie!

I just watched The Code yesterday.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
My my! My mother, widow and mother of eight children, bought the first tv in 1969 so that we all could watch the first moon landing. And now you intelligent genius tell me that she all did it for a hoax? She will be turning around in her grave, because she spent all the money for nothing.

Did you ever think about being absolutely wrong with your concept of life before you started to explain world history was absolutely wrong? Sometimes a banana is just a banana and a cigar is just a cigar.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

I saw a show once a journalist was touring NASA storage rooms looking at old stuff and right there was a shelf full of astronaut suits that had gray dust all over them. They did appear in disrepair, from aging, apparently the material has a shelf life.

But the dust! The Journaliist goes, "is… is that moon dust?"

Yes, it is.

Can I have a few grains?

article

edit on 29-1-2016 by intrptr because: article

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Good for you :-)

Question everything, your not alone, and the truth is not far away.

Star and flag for you.

And keep questioning everything.

Peace

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Not only flat but made of cheese, too.

I found a website to prove it too!

Universal astrophysicist and biologist Richard Dimburger, a leading proponent of the lunario formaggio theory, states in his new book, The Moon Rock Delusion: Evidence for a Cheese Moon, that the myths might not have been so wrong after all. “It turns out,” he says, “that our planet’s moon is just a piece of the Milky Way which broke off of the main body, contracted a rare strain of bacteria, and, at some point in time, turned into a solid green cheese.”

SOURCE

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Before the texts were edited, it used to be called by its sanskrit name "The Milky Whey".

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

The short answer to all your questions is that the supposed transparency is due to different parts of the scene being present on different scans. In other words, if an astronaut is at point a on one scan, then moves to point b, the background visible at b when the astronaut was at a, will still be visible when the astronaut moves. When the scan catches up, it disappears, but by then the astronaut has moved again. This is why they always have ghostly outlines. The TV camera on Apollo 11 was a unique slow scan device.
Thanks for taking the questions seriously. If that is the case then I should be able to find a video where one of the workers is shuffling directly to the left of the screen as at 53:40 while he is facing the camera, correct? The clearest mark where you can see one of the ghosts is 53:40 where its obvious a ghost person starting at the flag position, facing the camera, then shuffles left half over half of the screen.

Yet, where in the whole video does any worker shuffle directly right or left by half of the screen while facing the camera? I looked through the whole thing and did not find such a shot. The left-shuffle is the clearest ghost image of any of them. So, where are the workers ever doing that?

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

“It turns out,” he says, “that our planet’s moon is just a piece of the Milky Way which broke off of the main body, contracted a rare strain of bacteria, and, at some point in time, turned into a solid green cheese.”

Proof positive, The Milky Way is made of Milk, ergo the moon is made of cheese.

Shows we haven't been there either, we'd have samples of it.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Before the texts were edited, it used to be called by its sanskrit name "The Milky Whey".

That would make us ... ' Curdish ' rebels ...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join