It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moscow Gets Testy Over Putin Corruption Claim

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

The accusation seems valid enough to me......How else does a head of government secure a 40 billion dollar fortune............
But think Dick Chaney when it comes to first prize.......
These psychopaths are ALL bereft of morals.......
But as the rhetoric gets nastier....is there a chance there will be real details released by the security services...I doubt it....
What say you all.......

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Moscow (AFP) - The Kremlin on Friday lashed out at the White House after it backed up an allegation from the US Treasury that President Vladimir Putin is corrupt. US Treasury acting under secretary for terrorism and financial intelligence Adam Szubin said in a BBC documentary aired Monday that Putin was a "picture of corruption". White House spokesman Josh Earnest on Thursday backed up that line, saying that the Treasury's assessment "best reflects the administration view."

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: bandersnatch

The funny thing is you don't need any exposure of Putin at all. That guy does it all in public and still enough of fools follow him even in the west. His propaganda is the real truth for many ATSers, too.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Siddharta
Its amazing isn't it......
Not that we don't have corrupt world leaders in most governments.....
But that everyone seems to be blind....

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Siddharta

The funny thing is you don't need any exposure of Putin at all. That guy does it all in public and still enough of fools follow him even in the west. His propaganda is the real truth for many ATSers, too.

Several times, at least one of them embarrassingly public, Putin has acted like a person afflicted with kleptomania. In June 2005, while hosting a group of American businessmen in St Petersburg, Putin pocketed the 124-diamond Super Bowl ring of New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft. He had asked to see it, tried it on, allegedly said, ''I could kill someone with this'', then stuck it in his pocket and left the room abruptly. After a flurry of articles in the US press, Kraft announced a few days later that the ring had been a gift - preventing an uncomfortable situation from spiralling out of control.

www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I rest my case..........DJ, I rest my case.....

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Thats amazing. If we don't want to say it is frustrating. I had expected more from my generation than just that. But we did not make it. We left it all to the idiots. Being idots ourselves. Could have made it better.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Moscow Gets Testy Over Putin Corruption Claim

Thought Putin being corrupt was already well known.

www.nytimes.com...

freebeacon.com...

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka

Moscow (AFP) - The Kremlin on Friday lashed out at the White House after it backed up an allegation from the US Treasury that President Vladimir Putin is corrupt. US Treasury acting under secretary for terrorism and financial intelligence Adam Szubin said in a BBC documentary aired Monday that Putin was a "picture of corruption". White House spokesman Josh Earnest on Thursday backed up that line, saying that the Treasury's assessment "best reflects the administration view."

Pot (Russia) meet kettle (US) re: government corruption.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Just want to throw this out there...for those who feel the need to defend Putin.

The US has corrupt officials and that is fact, but how many of them are worth between 70 and 200 billion dollars?

Presidents don't make that much without being corrupt.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Bahahaha, that article is a sham.

So we just believe what Washington says through MSM even though it provides no examples of said corruption?

That article is birdseed for mindless shills who don't think for themselves

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

So we just believe what Washington says through MSM even though it provides no examples of said corruption?

No! We must only believe what Russian media says about Putin, right up until the moment when a bunch of aging generals announce that Putin will be retiring to a dacha on the Black Sea.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Are you suggesting that Obama is any better?

www.breitbart.com...

My criticism was levelled at the article and it's lack of any credible evidence for its claims.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Kremlin waits for explanation from US officials on corruption accusations against Putin

The Kremlin said US White House’s accusations of corruption against Russian President Vladimir Putin are unacceptable, outrageous and insulting. Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters earlier today that such groundless statements aim to play the card of Vladimir Putin in upcoming elections both in the United States and Russia.

"We consider statements of my colleague in the White House unacceptable both from the point of view of general practice of international relations and of bilateral Russian-US relations. We consider these statements outrageous and insulting," Peskov said commenting on US officials’ accusations of corruption against Russian leadership.

"Of course, we will wait for further explanation from US high-ranking officials. It looks like we really need further explanation because such statements are absolutely unprecedented," he added.

"Since this is an unprecedented situation, we hope that our American partners will also feel the need to provide some sort of explanation," Peskov noted.

The spokesman said that US admits its weakness by making such statements. "We are confident that this is not a demonstration of force but rather of weakness and powerlessness. This will not affect neither Putin nor Russia in any way," he noted.

Americo-russian diplomatic incident Nr XXXXX - waiting for updates.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Since Taking over the government Putin has amassed fortune I have heard over 40 billion....
The idea he made that money that fast off a KGB Colonels salary is preposterous.....
Nor do I suggest most politicians are any better.....
the bulk of them being lawyers and all......
edit on 29-1-2016 by bandersnatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Are you suggesting that Obama is any better?

No, I am suggesting that American media are free to say anything about Obama they want. The Russian media are not free to criticize Putin. When they do, you will know he has fallen from power.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Putin went from being a glorified cop/spy to being one of the richest men on the planet in a relatively short period of time. There is no question about that. I won't presume to know how he did it, but he did it.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Although being quite wealthy, Putin is far from being one of the wealthiest on the planet. He (and his supporters) grossly under estimate his wealth. His opponents grossly inflate his wealth. The truth will most likely fall somewhere in the middle, but with the wide range of claims, where exactly that is is a bit of a guess. If I had to guess, he is probably not in the billionaire club just yet, to be quite honest. He just appears to be wealthier than he is, due to what he is allowed to do with Russian tax payer money. I'm thinking between $500 and $800 million. (Poor bastard...right!)

Now, how would a KGB agent amass a considerable fortune? Easy. Putin has had a reputation for getting things done, even before his political career. It was, and still is, common for 'favours' to be repaid in 'assets', in certain parts of the world. He would make things happen for influential Russians, they would move shares into his portfolios. That would allow him to amass a considerable amount, but it is a fickle amount. When the stocks drop, he looses big. However, that also means that he will never profit as much as those who provide the initial asset in trade, which is where my guesstimate came from.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

The western politicians are given Directorships of companies, Directors fees are non taxable, so if you are a good boy you will prosper. You will only have to turn up and smile, if you can be stuffed.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: clay2 baraka

Pot (Russia) meet kettle (US) re: government corruption.

Sure... The difference is Americans know our leaders act like buffoons... The Russian people / pro Russians cant seem to accept the same for the Russian government / Putin and always try to make some useless comparison thinking it somehow matters / justifies their action.
edit on 29-1-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join