It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watertown Volunteer Firefighter, Wife Accused of Locking Child in Bathroom for Months

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Well, this takes a large portion of the cake; I am not at all surprised by the actions of parents these days, and more...sadly. The article states that this monstrous husband and wife team will be charged with cruelty and other charges.

Also note, they are/were ""guardians of a fifth child"" - as disturbing as this story sounds, the more disturbing element is how this will affect the children in the long term. I am sure they will need counseling and a strict regimen of love and comfort from real human parent role models in the future.

Sad, but at least these Buck Fags of the innocent will rot in jail for a while- ya know the general pop of prisoners dont take likely to crimes against our children.....

A Watertown, Connecticut, volunteer firefighter and his wife are accused of punishing their five children by making them stand locked in the bathroom for long periods of time, police said.

George Barnes, 45, and Nancie Barnes, 47, were arrested Thursday. They are charged with cruelty to persons, unlawful restraint, and risk of injury to a minor. The couple adopted four of the children and are guardians of a fifth child. George Barnes is a Watertown volunteer firefighter, according to Watertown Fire Chief Larry Black.

One of the couple's adopted children was locked in the bathroom from September to mid-December when the Department of Children and Families came to the house, according to police. The DCF removed the children from the house temporarily.

edit on 29-1-2016 by ReadLeader because: (no reason given)

L I N K
edit on 29-1-2016 by ReadLeader because: forgot link , sorry

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

I don't understand people like this (well, obviously), but I mean, people who adopt or take on foster children only to abuse them. Is it because they get off on harming/neglecting children, or do they do it for the money, which is only profitable if you starve and don't clothe the children? Neither answer makes any sense. Well, here's my "blessing" for the inhuman monsters:

May their skin be slowly peeled off as lime juice is lovingly misted across their open flesh. May coarse and fine bits of salt be rubbed soothingly into their exposed fleshgoop for the rest of their lives, and may their lives be long and devoid of painkillers.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
God bless those children and thank god their parents are going to jail.
They're probably venting irrelevant frustrations from their lives on the kids.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

A consistent skeleton in the closet of those in positions of authority..... Abuse of their own family.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

I don't understand people like this (well, obviously), but I mean, people who adopt or take on foster children only to abuse them. Is it because they get off on harming/neglecting children, or do they do it for the money, which is only profitable if you starve and don't clothe the children? Neither answer makes any sense.

It's unfortunate that the removal is only "temporary". I'm sure with a few months of family counseling, these adults will metamorphous into loving, caring and supportive parents. /sarc

The sad part about this is, MANY, and I know from first hand experience, are 'foster' parents for the simple case of financial greed. They get tax rebates of incredible figures, and government paychecks to "care" for the lost, lonely, unfortunate children.

Whether you’re an adoptive parent or birth parent, it can be hard to juggle the needs of your children with those of your own. Make sure to ask for help when you need it. Preventing burnout before it happens makes you a better parent all around. There are many different types of services available to adoptive parents including, but not limited to:

Financial assistance
Respite care
Training and support
Networking with other adoptive parents

www.adoptuskids.org...

One thing I don't like about many of these titles of wrong doing, is including a job title, or in this case, volunteer title, seeming to insinuate the job would somehow protect a person from doing the evil deeds. OR, that their title shows that even people with THAT title would commit the evil deeds.

Bad is in all forms, shapes, sizes and titles. The fact this man is a volunteer firefighter has nothing to do with his actions in his own home. But people seem to think a volunteer fire fighter must surely be above committing wrong doing.

Now if the title said "Social worker" or something more relative to the disturbing behavior......

edit on 29-1-2016 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: warisuponus

A consistent skeleton in the closet of those in positions of authority..... Abuse of their own family.

A volunteer fireman isn't exactly in a position of authority. Regardless, I've never seen any statistics to back up people in positions of authority having a familial abuse frequency greater than any other type of job. I could have missed it, but I'd be interested to know where you got the idea from. If it's just because you've noticed more examples in the media, it could be because it's more "newsworthy" when someone in a position of authority is caught being abusive to their family.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: warisuponus

A consistent skeleton in the closet yes but positions of authority negative, he is a reserve FF, no authority there.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Unbelievable... These are the kinds of people I'd rather shoot than lock up... Gay deer indeed.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Agreed, this is justification

Children are innocent.

new topics

top topics

join