It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please help with explaining bikers insignia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: SM2

I was trying to communicate much of what you said, but apparently I didn't do it as well. I never said Star of Davidson was 1%, I said the opposite. I had never heard of them, but they look like regular guys.

My knowledge is limited; honestly, I don't know what "3 piece patch club" means. I agree with much of what you said however, generally a typical motorcycle club won't tolerate that "outlaw" image being associated with them, as you said. The cops will come a-sniffin. But the outlaw biker gangs don't tolerate just anyone wearing that 1% patch either in my (already acknowledged) limited experience; if you wear that it is safer to be affiliated with a specific gang/club that will back you up. I don't agree that you can wear that 1% patch and just be in a regular motorcycle club. Not safely.

I was a stripper in my 20s. I may be kind of dim, and I didn't understand all of the patches or the hierarchy, but I understood violence. I earned what I little I do know, and I didn't learn it from a T.V. show., and that's all I'm gonna say on this because frankly, I'm still scared of them. But I thought your Holy Sanctimoniousness deserved a response from my meager self.

edit on 30-1-2016 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-1-2016 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Star of Davidson Motorcycle Club is a 3 patch club. They are modern. All 3 patch clubs consider themselves 1%ers. All it means is they wear a top rocker that says STAR OF DAVIDSON, a middle patch with their "logo" and a bottom patch with the name of where they are from: could be state, country, or other region. Its not a hoax WWII photo as he is holding a FN SCAR and the patches are modern but we wear them down quickly riding on bikes compared to you cagers
edit on 30-1-2016 by jhilyard because: spelling

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: JanAmosComenius
Hello,

? the patch on the cap..? the lower portion of Eagle with things in the Eagle's talons?

? the Airborne parachute/wings on the subjects right breast

? the beret wearing individual behind the sunjects right shoulder

? the Australian Bush Hat on the hidden person behind the subject, left shoulder

? the 'tent' or canvas tarp they all seem to be congregating around

? the patch adorned 'biker'(1%) has no ear-face-lip-nose piercings

? the 'biker' has no INK

best guess, a local rally of motorcycle enthusiasts...
the subject of this photo is most likely Jewish too, but refrains from piercings or INK to his body...
and wears patches or emblems which are of significance with his past, probably family, and wears these emblems as a sign of respect for the past freedom fighters/resistance & recent Airborne-Ranger friend or brother

the person shown is probably from a northern climate like Poland
his skin is young, no signs of tobacco or alcohol usage over a long time

an open mouth would give us a look at the teeth which would be telling
ALSO... some sleuth work might discover the 'Virgin's" Tee-Shirt under the leather vest
the style of the modern SunGlasses (hanging on neck below beard) might give up the date of image, at least to a 5 year window
edit on th31145417256030492016 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Ericthedoubter1% is the 1% of motorcycle clubs that are outlaws. It's a term that goes back to the beginning of biker gangs and was a quote by someone defending the 99% of motorcycle clubs that were law abiding. The outlaw bikers adopted it with pride and every one of the different clubs all were the patch. But murder is not a prerequisite.
The movie also misspelled bastars basterds and is a Tarantino film about Jewish soldiers on a mission who end up killing Hitler. BAD ASS MOVIE

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
I'm willing to assume the possibility that the inglorious bastards patch is a patch given to enforcers. Kind of like the filthy few.

Enforcers have a small patch, IIRC it's oval, and either a white background with a black lightning bolt or the reverse. One color tells you they've killed for the club, I can't recall which.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: redhorse
I was a stripper in my 20s.

Pics or it didn't happen.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I'm surprised no one has identified the "skull/clown" as Iron Maiden's mascot "Eddie". Though a google search of related keywords doesn't produce a better pic of the patch.

I can only assume this guy actually owns a motorcycle because someone has ID'd one of his patches as an actual bike club. And if he really is a pub owner, it's unlikely he'd disrespect them by wearing their patch without actually being a member.

I hate to use the term "appropriation", but in the past 20 years - particularly in that part of the world - the sleeveless denim covered with patches "biker" look has been very popular among punk rock bands and fans. As opposed to the sleeveless denim covered with patches "punk" look they were originally recognized for.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join