It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Testament original texts, where are they?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

One of those you named is the preserved Bible.

Do you know which one?

Find it and throw out the rest.

Because you can learn and teach what everyone of the other versions teach and more from that one preserved Bible.
edit on 3-2-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: areyousirius360
I don't find it cool or righteous to worship a god (yhwh) who commits acts that make Hitler and Pol Pot look like Mother Theresa and Ghandi. Infanticide, urban annihilation, chronic gonocide, global destruction, human sacrifice of his own son as a condition of forgiveness when he could just forgive.

And they say hes a merciful god.

Someone does not know and understand the character of God Almighty

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I've come to the conclusion that the absolute best and most accurate English translation of the bible is the difficult to obtain Jerusalem bible.
It's not translated from a dogmatic frame of mind, and the footnotes often make reference to Babylonian stories and Gods that were used to make the Hebrew Tanakh.
It's the first to be translated using the complete Old Testament texts found in Qumran called the Dead Sea Scrolls, the oldest in existence.(as well as Greek and Masoretic)
The footnotes in it are a small book on there own, and are extremely helpful. They reveal quite a bit of information that you would not know without them.
It was ordered produced by the Pope, and uses Yahweh over the English lord. This allegedly upset Jews enough that it wasn't inprint long and was replaced by the new Jerusalem bible.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohnYou just said that I don't understand or know the character of the Almighty God. Well anyone who claims they do is arrogant because it's impossible to understand God completely.
I don't consider your Yahweh to be a god, never mind The Most High God. I understand what reprehensible behavior is and genocide, infanticide, and war mongering and leadership through fear are reprehensible.
I believe God is only good, merciful every good human quality times trillions and trillions. Not evil or even capable.
Bur you are allowed to worship a genocidal maniac, it's in the constitution. I don't have a problem with it.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: areyousirius360

No, The observation that you don't know the character came from your own words that He could just forgive instead of justly requiring a sacrifice of his son. to say such would imply you failed to understand that God's Righteousness, Justice and Judgement needs to be satisfied without violating his Holiness.

Romans 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
Hebrews 9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.
To say he could just forgive would violate his holy nature.
Therefore my judgement is righteous not arrogant.

Jesus Christ is my God to him do I give all glory honor and praise.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
The most accurate is the one God chose to preserve his words through.

Not many find it because they seek it with an unjust heart. One should seek it not with criticism and disdain but seek it to find the truth.

Many have it but fail to see it for what it is God's preserved word for this generation.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Again, my personal preference is the Jerusalem bible, I find it to be the most accurate and informative you should see how big it is. For carry around purposes I recommend the NRSV pew bible which is excellent as well.
Those are my preferences and recommendations for accuracy. The common NIV and KJV I won't even bother with myself.
But what you have is what you have and if you can't get the NRSV use the internet to locate translation errors.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohnI'm not interested in your judgements or quotes and what you have to say is negative or uninteresting. Personally I'd appreciate it if you stop preaching to me, I'm not a christian, I don't care.
Please add something to the topic that's not a negative attack on someone's beliefs.
The topic is what happened to the originals. It's o.k. every thread gets sidetracked just let's get back to the question.
Thanks for your cooperation.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to: areyousirius360

Gnosisisfaith, you took the whole thread off topic yourself. You have not been talking about ORIGINAL NT TEXT for many pages now.

No one is preaching and if you are not a Christian the Bible has no relevance to you except a passing fancy. and therefore you have no authority to say anything about the Bible and its text or which to recommend a person carry around. If you are not a Christian why even read it or carry one around. You can't even understand it seeing you need the Holy Ghost and the only way you can have that is to have a relationship with Jesus through his blood and if you did you would say you are a Christian without regret.

Sorry but you are without merit on two points

1) you have five accounts with ATS. One is restricted for T&C violations, 3 are banned because you tried to decieve ATS after they told you not to try and go around the restriction by creating new accounts. And the only reason this one is still going is because you are using a IP mask, which is noticeable to them. Because of your deceptiveness here on ATS I don't take much of what you say serious but when in error I will point it out. And if pointing it out is preaching then so be it.
2) Your not a Christian so you can know nothing about God/Jesus/Holy Ghost or have anything to say about his word the Holy Bible which is good bad or indifferent. The only benefit you can have from the Bible is to find salvation but if you ignore that salvation the bible will do nothing more than make drive you insane. Which it already seems to be leading you in that direction after reading many of your posts and threads under all five of your ATS accounts.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
reply to: areyousirius360

Gnosisisfaith, you took the whole thread off topic yourself. You have not been talking about ORIGINAL NT TEXT for many pages now.

No one is preaching and if you are not a Christian the Bible has no relevance to you except a passing fancy. and therefore you have no authority to say anything about the Bible and its text or which to recommend a person carry around. If you are not a Christian why even read it or carry one around. You can't even understand it seeing you need the Holy Ghost and the only way you can have that is to have a relationship with Jesus through his blood and if you did you would say you are a Christian without regret.

Sorry but you are without merit on two points

1) you have five accounts with ATS. One is restricted for T&C violations, 3 are banned because you tried to decieve ATS after they told you not to try and go around the restriction by creating new accounts. And the only reason this one is still going is because you are using a IP mask, which is noticeable to them. Because of your deceptiveness here on ATS I don't take much of what you say serious but when in error I will point it out. And if pointing it out is preaching then so be it.
2) Your not a Christian so you can know nothing about God/Jesus/Holy Ghost or have anything to say about his word the Holy Bible which is good bad or indifferent. The only benefit you can have from the Bible is to find salvation but if you ignore that salvation the bible will do nothing more than make drive you insane. Which it already seems to be leading you in that direction after reading many of your posts and threads under all five of your ATS accounts.

Sorry to butt in here, but speaking as an atheist I have every right to point and laugh at whatever religion I like. Given the very murky origins of Christianity - historians suspect that Paul stepped in and took over after the original leaders vanished after the bloody sack of Jerusalem in 70AD - people are right to question just what is original and what has been fudged/added/made up.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraegThank you for that, whoever that guy is he harasses me every time I make a biblical thread trying to get me to go off topic and then blaming me for it. I read about a 1/10 of what he writes because it's either negative personal attacks or incessant preaching.
Where are the original texts of the OT, a legitimate question, is not a well liked question. But I hope everyone has had fun and enjoyed the topic.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   
But I do have the Holy Spirit with me always. And the NTA may be corrupt, but three words in it, Holy Spirit and love, are good enough for me. I guess I am a Holy Spiritian.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   
But the NT originals are gone, or hidden to hide the truth. So after reading the NT I decided that what I need to know is yet entirely out of the mouth of Jesus.
So maybe I don't call myself a Christian, but I don't want to be associated with those yahwists and Paul loving people who claim to be righteous.
What I believe is they were hidden because they have information tptb at the time, did not want to share.
edit on 4-2-2016 by areyousirius360 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: Akragon

One of those you named is the preserved Bible.

I expect you swear to KJV then?

Firstly-- There is no such thing as a preserved Bible. KJV may have been preserved since 1611 (which in US may seem like long ago, but over here in Europe many towns have pubs that are older), but nothing else. Personally I prefer a modern well-researched text critical Bible, like ESV coupled with a critical apparatus together with well-researched and acclaimed Hebrew and Greek texts, generally, BHS/BHL, Vulgate and LXX (for OT) and NA28 and UBS5 (for NT), and if you have access to a university library with facsimiles of all known or available mss and fragments, that's golden.

ESV is the «modern KJV». KJV is a marvellous gem as for its poetic language (thanks to Francis Bacon who basically wrote it on orders from king James I of England), and when it came about it was top notch. Today, however, it's archaic at best and hardly good enough for anything other than for hermeneutical research into English Protestantism in the 17th century. For language has changed a lot since 1611 and so has the amount of ancient texts and the fields of textual criticism and hermeneutics. Anyhow, if you research biblical texts, neither KJV, NIV or ESV are sufficient, you will have to research the towering amounts of early texts and later copies of such-- in the languages they were written. Koine Greek and a handful of Hebrew/Aramaic dialects mostly, but also a bunch of others, like Latin and Syriac.

English language lacks many important features found in the Biblical languages, like how English doesn't have grammatical cases and how articles like a and the as well as how the adjectives and nouns they stress, don't reflect gender, which is essential when researching biblical texts. Other languages like German and Spanish are better in that respect, but still, you would have to return to the Hebrew and Greek texts underlying the translations.
edit on 4-2-2016 by Utnapisjtim because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Utnapisjtim
I loath admitting this but modern Catholic bibles like the Jerusalem bible and the NRSV are the most accurate to the originals. I've looked into it quite diligently and say this knowing though it is my opinion, I am confident enough to say it is true.
I heard the Oxford annotated something or other bible is good too. But the Jerusalem bible is something special and hard to get. That's why I recommend the NRSV because it's almost as good.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Utnapisjtim

Do You believe God is able to Preserve his words forever?

Ps 12:6 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
7 Thou shalt keep them, O LORD,thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

If you do then there is a preserved word in English?

If you don't then you are left to float about on every whim of man and science to tell you what is god's word and what is not. They leave you with statements like "almost the best" or "more accurate than other translations" or " more accurate to the originals". They having never seen an original in their lives lie to you when they tell you it is most like the originals. As stated before ALL ORIGINALS were lost or destroyed. All any bible translation used was copies of copies. It leaves people with no firm foundation ground upon which to stand as the word of God.

When the OP states that any Bible is more accurate to the Originals he is just parroting what so called "scholars" and is feeding you a lie. He never saw an original either.

Yes there is a preserved Bible and all you need to is to read it believe it and share it. It has all the verses in it nothing left to chance.

see my previous explanation on how God preserved his word into today's trade language of English.

If you want the translation that God preserved then you must seek it with all your heart not seeking it to prove error but seek it to reveal truth.

edit on 4-2-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Oh Yes please go and see ALL his threads under the names of gnosisisfaith/essence616/33Iam666/369elyon/areyousirius360 and you will see this person say they are a Christian, they are atheist, they are a gnostic, and an agnostic, a searcher and so forth. You will see that this person is nothing more that a Troll.

Every one of his threads are bait threads, that is personal statements made to look and sound genuine. You will see where this person has lied and deceived not only us but ATS. He was originally restricted because of T&C volation and has since gone around the ATS protocol to join under different names.

You will see for yourself if this person is in deed genuine or false when you compare all the threads this person made under the names of gnosisisfaith/essence616/33Iam666/369elyon/areyousirius360.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
So someday I hope we find the original texts, or maybe we did at Nag Hammadi who knows? Definitely one of the most important finds in recent history. Definite possibility that they were the true holders of the wisdom of Yeshua.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

You will not find the originals anywhere they are lost and destroyed.

However you can have God's words in your hand today whole and complete exactly as God had them in the originals if you seek it with a right heart.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Are you Welch?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join