It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird All Bran Ad Autoplaying in the Background

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I'm on a laptop today rather than my iPad, and there is an All Bran ad playing in the background somewhere when I click on new pages. I don't mind the ads, but the auto-play is intrusive when I can't find the ad to close it.

Jus reporting, thanks.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
use adblock plus, also you can use the dev options in chrome to see whos tracking then add that crap to adblock plus too. Ads? - Aint no body got time fo that!

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: StickyBuddha
use adblock plus, also you can use the dev options in chrome to see whos tracking then add that crap to adblock plus too. Ads? - Aint no body got time fo that!

Waiting for this comment to be snipped.......

You know the site runs on ads, right? No ads no site.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: StickyBuddha

From the T&C:

20b) Ad Blockers: As the Websites are provided as a free service, in part through the income of our advertising, you agree not to use "ad-blocking" software or similar built-in web browser options designed to obfuscate or block online advertising while using the Websites.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: N3k9Ni

That's all well and good with the regular kind of ads. However ATS has been forcing ads that redirect peoples/my phones browser onto the App Store. not just once. it took me 8 attempts to view the ATS homepage this morning without being redirected to an app that I don't want and didn't click on, only for the same thing to happen as soon as I tried to read a post.

ATS has effectively forced me to use an add blocker just to view the site. I fully understand that this sites revenue is entirely from advertising and did not wish to install the add blocker. However without it I would have no choice but to personally bouycot the site as it was rendered unusable on my phones browser

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
I'm on a laptop today rather than my iPad, and there is an All Bran ad playing in the background somewhere when I click on new pages. I don't mind the ads, but the auto-play is intrusive when I can't find the ad to close it.

Jus reporting, thanks.

So ATS is Ads? Thanks! Spondoolies.
edit on 30-1-2016 by uktorah because: Typo

top topics

join