It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘I May Have to Leave the Stage’: Cruz Gets Testy Over Fox Debate Questions (Karma!)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: TheBulk
a reply to: anon72

I've seen dozens of articles making this claim this morning, but it's pretty obvious to me that he was trying to make a joke about Trump. Sheesh.......

^This.

It's like he was waiting to make that joke and poorly delivered it. But it was obviously just a dig at Trump.

That was exactly what it was. People trying to spin it otherwise ALSO know that.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

It simply wasn't funny.
No one there laughed at it, either.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I won the bet at the office- that Trump (being absent) would still be the most popular one of the night..

I was hoping that they would just not even convey anything about Trump and him being absent; made him all the more popular and the candidates more contentious

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: IAMTAT

It simply wasn't funny.
No one there laughed at it, either.

The moderator DID step on his punch line.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Uh, it wasn't a joke. He wasn't smiling nor did he deliver it in any sort of "jab" kind of way. He delivered it seriously just like the rest of his rant. And he kept going back and forth with the moderators during that exchange. You are trying to give him more credit than is due. He was doing the same thing that all these RNC folk do, demonize the media. It usually gets cheers cause it's the trendy thing to do on the right. It didn't this time because he was called out for whining about something that wasn't happening.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
...demonize the media.

Because all the media outlets have no agendas.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Huh? They barely talked about Trump save for answering the questions about him at the opening and the one time Jeb brought him up. Everyone, after the fact, was talking about how little Trump was discussed. And without the Trump idiocy there, there was some actual substantive talk (albeit still outer limits), less going after each other, and a modicum of decorum.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Because it's not trendy to attack the media as part of an agenda? Please.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

That has been occurring since the first Presidential election, there is nothing trendy about it.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Granted. But if you aren't seeing this overarching (and obvious scapegoating) trend on the right during this election then there is little else to discuss. From the bottom to the top this 'evil media' is a sabre rattled.

If your poll numbers are low it's the media's fault. If you sucked at answering your question it's that the moderators didn't give you enough time. If you are not a likable candidate and have a drab personality, it's the media's fault. There is some tiny truth to this, but it's not like we just have 3 networks anymore. There is a ton of media. And a lot of these people need to admit that moreover, there is probably a large issue with them as people. They either have an inability to get their message across or it's not what people want to hear.

Even Trump who has the power to control media moans about it constantly. It's one of his core positions (I'm an outsider (ha), they're against me! boo hoo!). When the media reports on some insanity he spouted, it's their fault. When they ask him a question he doesn't like, it's their fault. When they have a moderator he doesn't like, he bails.

And the favorite among the right is the old excuse of "the left-run media"... as if there is an actual left in this country. Sadly, in Trumps case, Americans do love a self righteous dck who is brazen and unapologetic in their ass-ness. Demonizing, excuses, scapegoating etc. is part of that. And it's working on a lot of people.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Doodle19815

He has a voice that makes me want to smack his face. I thought that whole exchange was petty and childish and only exacerbated my urge to throw a shoe at the television.

I thought it was only me, with the voice thing. I just can't with him....at all.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
Granted. But if you aren't seeing this overarching (and obvious scapegoating) trend on the right during this election then there is little else to discuss. From the bottom to the top this 'evil media' is a sabre rattled.

It is not a trait solely indicative of the right. The left moans about the media as well.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

As others have mentioned. I think it was just a swipe at Trump.

Not overly humorous... he doesn't have the timing of a comedian.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: charolais

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Doodle19815

He has a voice that makes me want to smack his face. I thought that whole exchange was petty and childish and only exacerbated my urge to throw a shoe at the television.

Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way!

he just seems so SLEEZY. LIke a cartoon gangster or someone who's nick name should be Rat. Those eyes he makes at the camera when he is talking, just ugh

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

I meant in News Media Social media.

Sorry bout that

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

I don't think so, after watching the whole segement at that time.

He got B-slapped by the MOD and was shut down-by going back to Bush.

Anyway, FOXs is announcing that TRUMP and CRUZ will both be on the FOX Sunday morning show w/ Chris Wallace.

Maybe CRUZ will clarify.

If I was Cruz, I would make nice and HOPE to hell the Trumpster picks "me" as his VP. IMO.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Squirlli

he just seems so SLEEZY.

Ugh...
right?!!!!

"Smarmy" and "Skanky" and "Seedy" and "Sketchy" and "Slick" and "Sickening" also come to mind. 'Sinister', 'Self-righteous', 'Slimy'........

Just - ick.
Big Huge Ew.

edit on 1/29/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join