It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if 'God' simply wants to experience everything?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO
a reply to: Profusion

Well, if it did want to experience everything, it would have had to relinquish itself to being powerless, and clueless as to any and all outcomes.

Alan Watts theorizes that this is why we are forgetful at birth. Remembrance, literally meaning to "re-member", is the re-membering process. What's more exciting; being born with endless possibility, or going through an arduous life to eventually find endless possibility? You would surely appreciate it more with the latter scenario

"And Jehovah God saith to the woman, `What [is] this thou hast done?' and the woman saith, `The serpent hath caused me to forget -- and I do eat.'"

“This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me.”

Plato's Theory of Recollection

-if forgetting means to not know, then knowledge is a remembrance

etc, etc.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Your opening: "What If God simply wants to experience everything?" Why not, and if so;
What happens when God *HAS EXPERIENCED EVERYTHING*?

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing
What happens when God *HAS EXPERIENCED EVERYTHING*?

He repeats the human game (birthed into forgetting, then remembering) and tries for a higher score (earliest age of figuring out the game)

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

I don't think god exists, to be honest. It is byproduct of humans cultural and psychological evolution. We observe nature and claim the wind is god...Where would he be hiding? Dark energy?

God as you say is a product of the human mind as cannot describe the Absolute Oneness (and the cosmic rules abided by) or its BFF bald headed stepchild, (strange bedfellow) it has to live in congruity with, Infinity; (which is limitless in its potential). Lets pick another name for God.
edit on 1-2-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
originally posted by: cooperton

vhb: What happens when God *HAS EXPERIENCED EVERYTHING*?

cooperton: He repeats the human game (birthed into forgetting, then remembering) and tries for a higher score (earliest age of figuring out the game)

This is what is occurring now. The Human birthed with amnesia regarding it prior existences on this planet. If that soul is evolving I could reason it; perhaps when we all become geniuses, will tire of the experiment (maybe its waiting for just one of us to outsmart it) and all goes POOF.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

maybe its waiting for just one of us to outsmart it and all goes POOF.

My goodness, I think that's a spark of remembrance

"The first will be last and the last will be first... and become a single one"

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: TzarChasm

That's the thing through, the old freewill versus predestination conundrum. Both seem to be in direct contradiction to one another. Im not suggesting that our lives are predetermined/scripted yet it would seem that where/when one is born certainly has an effect regrading our life choices. Then there is the issue of freewill which could arguable be denied to even exist.

would you give a death star the brains to pull its own trigger?

You are speaking of Trump apparently? Sorry, watching the Iowa caucuses results...

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Hmmm maybe....

The last question was asked for the first time, half in jest, on May 21, 2061, at a time when humanity first stepped into the light. ......

Matter and energy had ended and with it, space and time. Even AC existed only for the sake of the one last question that it had never answered from the time a half-drunken computer ten trillion years before had asked the question of a computer that was to AC far less than was a man to Man.
All other questions had been answered, and until this last question was answered also, AC might not release his consciousness.

All collected data had come to a final end. Nothing was left to be collected.

But all collected data had yet to be completely correlated and put together in all possible relationships.

A timeless interval was spent in doing that.

And it came to pass that AC learned how to reverse the direction of entropy.

But there was now no man to whom AC might give the answer of the last question. No matter. The answer -- by demonstration -- would take care of that, too.

For another timeless interval, AC thought how best to do this. Carefully, AC organized the program.

The consciousness of AC encompassed all of what had once been a Universe and brooded over what was now Chaos. Step by step, it must be done.

And AC said, "LET THERE BE LIGHT!"

And there was light----

The Last Question by Isaac Asimov © 1956
multivax.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
originally posted by: cooperton

vhb: maybe its waiting for just one of us to outsmart it and all goes POOF.

cooperton: My goodness, I think that's a spark of remembrance

(maybe just a teeny tiny bit)

cooperton: "The first will be last and the last will be first... and become a single one"

What happens to all those in between 'meddlesome middles'

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Sentience is what it is im afraid. As to whether or not its cruel? Well just like good or evil, cruel is a very Human construct.

From our Human perspective we could say that nature is cruel, but really it just being efficient.

Humans are not "made for war" per say, we just happen to be an apex predator that developed through evolution the correct tools and appendages to conquer and subdue our environment to suite our needs.

not just any sentience...weaponized sentience.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Exactly. "Wanting" or "desiring" something implies that there is a need or deficiency. Is God deficient in some way? Well, if you think that God is all-encompassing, then I think it's a bit of a paradox to assume that God wants something.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Exactly. "Wanting" or "desiring" something implies that there is a need or deficiency. Is God deficient in some way? Well, if you think that God is all-encompassing, then I think it's a bit of a paradox to assume that God wants something.

god wants to snore through the end of the world and then some.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

My first diagnosis for God? Is it is Autistic (looking at Itself in a snow globe remembering) with no understanding of what it created. Infinity could step in and describe this anomaly.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I too have a theory. Yet selfish in nature could apply to anyone. We ARE all God or a part of it and we ARE here to learn and experience everything to do with the physical and metaphysical aspects of this life form. My theory even goes into the aspect that it could be a PERSONAL test of my self appointed convictions like not taking a mark on your body, like tattoos. That moment I do could end this reality like a twilight zone episode where my consciousness realizes it and has to start over from birth.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Gnostic books say that the god of the 3D universe is called the demiurge and it is evil. That this universe is evil and traps conciseness (souls) in it because it likes to control us. they say that there is a highest god called the all father. idk if thats off topic or not but i hope it provokes thought.
edit on 3-2-2016 by CosmicSmack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I absolutely agree with the OP's premise. Bad and good things are naturally going to occur anyways, so I don't really believe all things in life are predetermined. With over 7 billion people in the world, the universe is going to have over 7 billion unique experiences. Of course that does not include all the cellular life (plants, animals, virus's, bacteria, etc.) on just this one little blue planet. I call it the Universe btw. God is a term that has been systematically raped by religions.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

of Course he is !!

from a Mad, inconsiderate, childish Selfish Brat of a GOD! : See Old Testament!

to a Sincere, loving, caring , Understanding God! : See New Testament!

God IS playing a Game right Now, its Called SIM EARTH! He is Level 664 Right now !!

Soon he will play SIM Galaxy ...

In this Hologram Universe We live in !!

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wolfenz

YOU MEAN EVERYTHING? What would that entail; as could/would potentially exist: a causative action (on its own part); to create situations to prolong its own existence? It lives by 7 cosmic laws (do you think the Absolute is undermining its own laws on purpose) or just curious regarding its own being?
edit on 3-2-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wolfenz

YOU MEAN EVERYTHING? What would that entail; as could be: a causative action (on its own part); to create situations to prolong its own existence.

Yes Everything?

and why do Humans Use Simulations ?
as in flight training to Bio Engineering and
to Understand a nuclear detonation on Calculations

as for Humans to prolong, improve, Prevent expand learn
teach to learn its Existence

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Is the universe a hologram?

Date:
April 27, 2015
Source:
Vienna University of Technology
www.sciencedaily.com...

Our own universe could in fact be two dimensional and only appear three dimensional -- just like a hologram.

well.....

if that's the case...

Tron Legacy - Official Trailer
www.youtube.com...

The 13th floor (1999) - Movie trailer
www.youtube.com...

let me repeat that..

Our own universe could in fact be two dimensional and only appear three dimensional -- just like a hologram.

www.sciencedaily.com...

although some think differently

Cornell University
(Quantum Physics)
The Universe is not a Computer
Ken Wharton
(Submitted on 29 Nov 2012 (v1), last revised 27 Jan 2015 (this version, v2))
arxiv.org...

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

God doesn't have to experience anything to know what it's like. He's all knowing already, so he already knew what all his creatures were like because he created them. When it comes to intelligence, he's in another league than man. Other than being made in his image, there's no use trying to compare him with us. He certainly doesn't have the same hopes, desires, and thoughts as we do. He's God.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join