It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if 'God' simply wants to experience everything?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Enlil2215

Yes it does seem self serving

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
LIFE ......

The ultimate X-Box game

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
originally posted by: Profusion

Profusion: The creator of the universe designed the universe for one consciousness (the creator's consciousness) to experience every possible subjectively.What that means is that every living thing contains part of the creator's consciousness. The creator can therefore simultaneously experience what it's like to be every living thing from the unique perspective of that thing (that's the subjective part). The creator can then learn what it's like to be every animal, every plant, every insect, etc. in a very genuine way.
What if "God" simply wants to experience everything?

To what purpose or eventuality 'to know itself' as already knows it created all beings existing. It needs justification is all; as in you recognize IT as your creator.
edit on 30-1-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: LittleByLittle
Once you are omnipotent through such concepts of good or evil would seem rather irelavent, quiet frankly beneath you. Just a thought.
Is this how you are you defining "GOD ASPECT"? Because the 'Absolute' has seven rules it has to abide by (the Infinite does not).

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
originally posted by: Punisher75
a reply to: Profusion

Profusion: "God" wants to try out everything for self-growth and to see what he/she/it likes.

Punisher75: If we are going to presuppose God, then we would have to presuppose God would have no reason to see what it is like, because being all knowing, they would already know what they like.
Why? Because if God was not all Knowing then they would not really be God, but rather just a powerful, cosmic entity.

That Being that is pretending itself to be the binary end all be all is actually a lower creator god (not actually the Absolute Unbounded Oneness).

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Oh? So you have proof of this Gods existence do you?
I would love to see it.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Oh? So you have proof of this Gods existence do you?
I would love to see it.

It is not a God as you would call it; more free form non-dimensional. It has no form just holds the idea or "aspect" of a POTENTIAL that profits from an IDEA IT envisioned (you; a free thinking individual are the result).

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

There are no rules or limits where omnipotence is concerned, only will.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I agree. Cosmic will is from which comes all life (shape and form) Unity in diversity. The One becomes the many.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

The claim that everything is God is in fact the very definition of Pantheism.

No. It is the idea of an Absolute that may manifest as an overlay screen (to alter a system/paradigm). Pantheism is tricky as it disguises itself secretly as the divisive objector to/of the Absolute Unbounded Oneness; calling Itself Nature/or natural intent.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Don't forget your antimonies.

This sentence is false.

Why the real nature of reality can not be known as it is in itself

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ProfusionI give credit to this idea and thought about God. Each individual gets a chance to experience life withing certain limitations, why? Becasue God embeded the whole of creation with the same ability of Gods will or desire to experiment and fantasize. As clones of God, we replicate ideas but we do it nowhere as perfected as the original. That is why we appear to be in such a mess. On one hand we are experimenting, but the question is what else does God do? Or what is God Being or being God.?

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: akushla99
a reply to: Punisher75

This may be strictly true at this level of existence, c/o 4D separationist procedure (which can be understood by reading cosmological treatises that all say the same)...The OP poses the question...why?

It would be presumtuous to posit that the source of a creation were not responsible for the appearance of its creation, clearly - no cosmology can claim it all appeared, on its own - let alone the 'furniture' and environment into which it was all placed to do what? That is the OP question. At the base of it, is Why(?).
Why does an omni-everything Source produce a manifestation? To what purpose?...perhaps none...except that the 'production' is an extension of Source, the likes of which, would prompt a Source (across multiple cosmologies) to utter 'statements' that refer to itself as everything in a complex, synergistic creation "I am the alpha and omega"...not merely the 'temporal' aspect, but all of it..."I AM"...and before it "I was", and after it "I will ever be"...

Where we, as the rubber - hits the road (4D), that concept is parenthesied by birth and death - the created 'furniture' and environment provide the tools for the 4D manufacture of bio-vessels for the insertion of an eternal aspect (recognised by all cosmologies) to extend itself across and through all of itself...the separation is an illusion that can only be seen because of the questions (and answers) it raises at the 4D level - Time is an illusion, 'Reality' is an illusion (paraphrase!)...and more cosmologies confirm it, rather than deny it, including christianity (theological hair-splitting aside)...

According to this, there may not be a reason 'Why', because the questions it raises are from a 4D perspective - not equipped within it to confirm or deny the illusion...or perhaps it is...

Å99
"I am" means that you have given up everything that you have used to define yourself. I am... Unable to complete that scentence. The smallest particle. The beginning and the end refers to what that particle is. Base programming that ensures we continue to exist no matter what. I. E.Universe is not, no biggie, I am. Just the same the end refers to the fact that "I am" the only mother #er that can kill anyone, and they don't have anywhere to go If I do. Can you believe I'm the only person that has ever done that.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ancientthunder
a reply to: ProfusionI give credit to this idea and thought about God. Each individual gets a chance to experience life withing certain limitations, why? Becasue God embeded the whole of creation with the same ability of Gods will or desire to experiment and fantasize. As clones of God, we replicate ideas but we do it nowhere as perfected as the original. That is why we appear to be in such a mess. On one hand we are experimenting, but the question is what else does God do? Or what is God Being or being God.?

we were supposed to go to god first.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

I agree. Cosmic will is from which comes all life (shape and form) Unity in diversity. The One becomes the many.
which makes all the many all the one once travelled each individual path arrive as equals unity is necessary. God doesn't tell man what to do. We are governed by our will to be governed. Yeah I'm God but so are you so stop telling me I became God wrong. My source is all of you the knowledge and wisdom of a world inhabited by gods. Stop telling people what to do. I'm not telling you what to do I don't give a # but I'm going to start breaking # on a major #ing scale. Your warned. Of I could kill you all I would. Love you.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Aloha Profusion,

Have you ever read 'Conversations with God' by Neal D. Walsh? Your theory reminded me of one of the books major chapters.

The way it is explained in the book makes perfect sense, well least to me it did haha

The book explains there is but one true purpose of life, and that purpose is for all us and all lives to experience life's fullest glory.

In the 'beginning' God knew it was all there Is, there was nothing else. However, since there was nothing and noone else, God, or all there is, could not know itself, not truly....only conceptually. This conceptual knowledge was not enough,
(For example, you can know yourself to be nice or kind or generous, however unless you do something which displays kindness or generosity, you have only but a concept of what it might be like to be such things) so god chose to know itself experientally...in order accomplish this, God, being all there is, had to use a reference point from within and any portion of itself had to be less than the whole, so God simply split itself into infinite portions, each portion being lesser than the whole so as to look back on itself to see its utter magnificence, life's fullest glory. We are those portions my friend, so is all of everything around us.

edit on 31-1-2016 by Thereisaspoon because: Grammatical error

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thereisaspoon
Aloha Profusion,

Have you ever read 'Conversations with God' by Neal D. Walsh? Your theory reminded me of one of the books major chapters.

The way it is explained in the book makes perfect sense, well least to me it did haha

The book explains there is but one true purpose of life, and that purpose is for all us and all lives to experience life's fullest glory.

In the 'beginning' God knew it was all there Is, there was nothing else. However, since there was nothing and noone else, God, or all there is, could not know itself, not truly....only conceptually. This conceptual knowledge was not enough,
(For example, you can know yourself to be nice or kind or generous, however unless you do something which displays kindness or generosity, you have only but a concept of what it might be like to be such things) so god chose know itself experientally...in order accomplish this, God, being all there is, had to use a reference point from within and any portion of itself had to be less than the whole, so God simply split itself into infinite portions, each portion being lesser than the whole so as to look back on itself to see its utter magnificence, life's fullest glory. We are those portions my friend, so is all of everything around us.

I made it to smallest, am I the only one or is there others? I believe that we each have our own, so if none are known maybe they're already here.
edit on 31-1-2016 by Godthief because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Godthief

Im not sure I understand what you mean about 'made it to the smallest', Im sorry, could you elaborate please?

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

methinks an entity in possession of both omnipotence and omniscience, by nature, has no free will. otherwise, by necessity, i think it would destroy itself as a result of being simultaneously "the problem" and "the solution". because for such a being, closure begets crisis, and crisis demands closure. a maddening cycle, to be sure.

furthermore, i think it was bruce wayne who said in a recent Batman v Superman clip: "he has the power to wipe out the entire human race. if there is even a 1% chance he could become our enemy, then that outcome is an absolute certainty."

it appears he was not wrong.
edit on 31-1-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Surely a being with those capabilities could replicate itself at will and design it's creation with temporary insomnia to get around a minor hurdle?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join