It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if 'God' simply wants to experience everything?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Punisher75

originally posted by: akushla99
a reply to: Punisher75

...and if folk are only reading the bible, they are kidding themselves...

Å99

Can I ask what the deal is? Why are you continuously taking jabs at me for being Christian? Have I done something to offend you?

If your choice is to take an OP thread (which you are participating in, amongst others) and paranoically ask me that kind of a silly question...I'm wondering what sort of grasp you actually have on the OP.

How about this...discuss the OP...

Å99

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Profusion

But life on this planet only exists in less than 1% of the universe. How is that "experiencing everything"?

He may be saying God is everywhere there is consciousness.

Not all life is conscious though.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Error
edit on 29-1-2016 by akushla99 because: Error 999

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Å99

Can I ask what the deal is? Why are you continuously taking jabs at me for being Christian? Have I done something to offend you?

If your choice is to take an OP thread (which you are participating in, amongst others) and paranoically ask me that kind of a silly question...I'm wondering what sort of grasp you actually have on the OP.

Å99

Um I did actually and was if you would read my first post.
All I did in the beginning was try to understand the question and parse it out in a logical way, so that I could find a way to discuss the points of the question in a somewhat Socratic way.
So if you want to know what kind of grasp I have on the topic have no fear I understand it pretty well I think. However to have that conversation we have to first define what we are going to agree upon as attributes of God.
Which brings us squarely to the question of Gods Knowledge.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

a reply to: akushla99

What sounds like pantheism?

Your theology sounds like pantheism.

How the fleck did you get from me saying 'all cosmologies share the same basic understanding' to my theology sounds like pNtheism?...remembet, I also did mention the capacity for the human brain to invent...

Å99

Because you said,

Of course IT does...because IT is all there is to know...

And the definition of Pantheism is...

Pantheism is the belief that the Universe (or nature as the totality of everything) is identical with divinity, or that everything composes an all-encompassing, immanent god. Pantheists thus do not believe in a distinct personal or anthropomorphic god./quote]

I am the Alpha and the Omega...any more silly questions?

Å99

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
akushla99

I don't recall asking you any pertinent questions other than your theology, and clarification. In any event thanks for answering though it seems to be a bit late for that.
edit on 29-1-2016 by Punisher75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Å99

Å99

All I did in the beginning was try to understand the question and parse it out in a logical way, so that I could find a way to discuss the points of the question in a somewhat Socratic way.
So if you want to know what kind of grasp I have on the topic have no fear I understand it pretty well I think. However to have that conversation we have to first define what we are going to agree upon as attributes of God.

Attributes of God (or more specifically, Source)

A. Everything

Gods' knowledge

A. Everything

Å99

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

akushla99

I don't recall asking you any pertinent questions other than your theology, and clarification. In any event thanks for answering though it seems to be a bit late for that.

That ain't pantheism, friend.

Å99

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Å99

Å99

A. Everything

Gods' knowledge

A. Everything

Å99

Yes we established that you hold to a pantheistic understanding of God.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Oh boy. Both your links have the arguements against to this situation. Read them I find them convincing.

Why don't you explain to me though how middle knowledge works in your words.

Otherwise we are just going to be clicking and pasting the arguements that were done over 300 years ago.

In brief God knows all possibilities both factual and counter factual.
In effect he knows what is Objectively true in the reality that we dwell and all the consequences therein and he knows all of the things that would be true and their consequences in a hypothetical reality.

One problem I see with that is through creation. Is God reacting to possibilities or creating out of free will of his own. If God knows counterfactual now he has the choice as to which world or reality to create.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
The claim that everything is God is in fact the very definition of Pantheism.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Å99

Å99

A. Everything

Gods' knowledge

A. Everything

Å99

I am the Alpha and the Omega.

Where does this come from?

Å99

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

a reply to: Profusion

But life on this planet only exists in less than 1% of the universe. How is that "experiencing everything"?

He may be saying God is everywhere there is consciousness.

Not all life is conscious though.

True. I really don't know what the op was thinking. So maybe all life capable of observation with or without consciousness.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   
luthier

Is God reacting to possibilities or creating out of free will of his own.

Do you mean IS God reacting or do you mean IF god is reacting?
I only ask because I am not sure if you missed a ? or if you typo-ed "is"

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

I think it just wasn't a very well thought out idea and the OP mistakenly considered the universe from a geocentric viewpoint by accident.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Å99

Å99

A. Everything

Gods' knowledge

A. Everything

Å99

Å99

It makes no difference where the text comes from because a pantheist would say that even the text and the paper that it is written on is God as well.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Å99

Å99

A. Everything

Gods' knowledge

A. Everything

Å99

Å99

It makes no difference where the text comes from because a pantheist would say that even the text and the paper that it is written on is God as well.

You've nominated yourself as being a christian - accused me of being a pantheist.

The text comes from the little golden book (revelation specifically)...therefore christianity is pantheist according to your chosen definition.

Å99
edit on 29-1-2016 by akushla99 because: As

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

luthier

Is God reacting to possibilities or creating out of free will of his own.

Do you mean IS God reacting or do you mean IF god is reacting?
I only ask because I am not sure if you missed a ? or if you typo-ed "is"

I meant if but is would be find if you want to answer.

My point was God knows all outcomes even ones that don't happen then he is limited in his own creation. He can't create a world that doesn't happen.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Å99

Å99

A. Everything

Gods' knowledge

A. Everything

Å99

Å99

You've nominated yourself as being a christian - accused me of being a pantheist.

The text comes from the little golden book (revelation specifically)...therefore christianity is pantheist according to your chosen definition.

Å99

No I am afraid that you just don't understand what is men't by Alpha and Omega.
Here is the whole verse, in revelations that you are quoting.

Rev:22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Notice how it says "the beginning and the end the first and the last?"
That is an indication of a temporal position, not a claim of essence. All that is being said is "I am eternal", it is not saying I am everything.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

If we are going to presuppose God, then we would have to presuppose God would have no reason to see what it is like, because being all knowing, they would already know what they like.
Why?
Because if God was not all Knowing then they would not really be God, but rather just a powerful, cosmic entity.

God does not know what 5 minutes from now looks like. God is what is knowing in this moment.
What is it that is knowing the thoughts that appear in you?
What is it that is knowing there is text being read?

God is all knowing - that is what God is, God is knowing what there is to know right here and right now - God is this ever present space of knowing.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join