It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if 'God' simply wants to experience everything?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing
a reply to: Profusion
Your opening: "What If God simply wants to experience everything?" Why not, and if so;
What happens when God *HAS EXPERIENCED EVERYTHING*?

...recycle itself? cash in the hard drive for a permanent blue screen? unplug and meander off to indulge in some other trans-cosmic attraction?

hows that for james camerons next project? "my big fat asgardian retirement"...
edit on 4-2-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Hi Profusion,

I think you explained this theory very well and it reminds me a lot of Alan Watt’s interpretation of “Zen Buddhism.”

What I don’t like about this theory is that it makes me feel incredibly, profoundly alone. While I’m not really much of a people person, the thought that I am the only consciousness in the universe breaks my heart. Perhaps it is why “I’ve/we’ve” created so many diverse life forms to play with.

And then I remember, if this theory is correct --- then how F**king awesome am I, right?

This would mean that I am, we all are, tiny little sparks of something, one-thing, so powerful, magnificent and complex that it created everything we see all around us --- all the multiverses and stuff we could never understand with our puny little human brains. The power and intelligence this would take blows my mind.

And that “I/We” did this --- just for the heck of it --- or if we truly need a “why” --- my guess is that we created all of this because “I/We” love it. We love this world, we love the people, both bad and evil --- it’s all part of the same consciousness in the end.

And perhaps we really love to, lifetime after lifetime, re-discover over and over again, how bad@ss/incredible we are. Perhaps a fun part of life, is remembering?

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
originally posted by: TzarChasm

vhb: Your opening: "What If God simply wants to experience everything?" Why not, and if so;
What happens when God *HAS EXPERIENCED EVERYTHING*?

Tzarhasm: ...recycle itself? cash in the hard drive for a permanent blue screen? unplug and meander off to indulge in some other trans-cosmic attraction? hows that for james camerons next project? "my big fat asgardian retirement"...

God as a MAJOR recycle agent player manufactures reasons (using the faulty human condition to continue ITS existence)...James Cameron is an instigator; as is Steven Spielberg. Already blue screening the human; and digitizing the form; what is next; at some point will be hard to tell the difference, real/not real. Lets say God has seen everything, humans throughout history behaving very badly (wars, the inquisition, pugilistic takeovers of countries) and continues this to justify its being. How infinitely small will God go to continue to justify its existence "Wen hair products cause hair loss"?
edit on 4-2-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
What if God needs to be true to the definition of omnipresent and exist even inside of absolute non-existence?

The omnipotent effort to "go there" as infinite division and subtraction generates the ONE infinitesimal Singularity, but that failed. But inducing infinite velocity AND infinite angular diversity of that kinetics of the Singularity leaves a "wake" that produces the infinite expanse that the Singularity kinetics takes place in.

Long story much shortened only because I don't feel like writing it here AGAIN, finite life consciousness (an infinite number of them, over evermore time, and infinite space) producing thought of NOTHINGNESS has that harvested from them all.

It is infinite non-existence taken possession of.

Mission accomplished. Do your part and generate nothingness of your consciousness and willfully offer this.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: tkwasny

You are stating or admitting God defines Itself/or is experiencing Itself as human on Earth (after all). Both have to obey the 7 cosmic laws.

edit on 4-2-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
I do not believe the theory I'm going to present here. I'm only presenting this theory as a thought experiment. In order to consider this theory, you need to make some assumptions which are summed up in the following sentence:

The creator of the universe designed the universe for one consciousness (the creator's consciousness) to experience every possible experience subjectively.

What that means is that every living thing contains part of the creator's consciousness. The creator can therefore simultaneously experience what it's like to be every living thing from the unique perspective of that thing (that's the subjective part). The creator can then learn what it's like to be every animal, every plant, every insect, etc. in a very genuine way.

That assumption is not a unique thought on my part. But, I believe the rest of the theory I'm presenting in this post may be new.

What if "God" simply wants to experience everything?

The way I see that question could shine a whole new light on everything that's happening in the world. It seems like many people have questions about life such as:

Why does "God" allow bad things to happen to good people?
Why does "God" allow so much suffering?
Why does "God" allow so much disease?
Why did "God" create such a "dog eat dog" world?

With my theory, there is one answer to all of those questions and many more and it is simple and understandable:

"God" wants to try out everything for self-growth and to see what he/she/it likes.

If really realistic virtual reality existed, would you like to try out your fantasies? Would you like to try out your nightmares? I would. In a virtual reality environment, why put limits on it?

If you were the kind of powerful being that "God" must be, perhaps you would want to try everything too. You could be a bear hunting for fish and be the fish. You could be both sides of a sporting event. You could be both sides of a war. It could sure be a cure for boredom at the very least.

If you were an all-powerful kind of being there may be no way that you could ever personally experience fear. However, within the context of existence in an animal's body, you could experience fear. And, you could experience joy, pain, and every other feeling and emotion imaginable.

What could the benefits of that be? How about developing empathy, sympathy, compassion, and lots of other things that you never could have experienced without the virtual reality you created.

I think this is an important theory to consider because it may answer all the questions people have about the world without making too many assumptions.

This is ALL explained very well in a model of reality described in a book called 'My Big T.O.E.' by Thomas Campbell. It suggests we are in a subset of a greater reality system that is digital in nature. Our universe is a simulation and the greater consciousness evolves as we evolve because we are that consciousness split up and individuated for personal experiences from different perspectives.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   
This sounds tome exactly likea story i read along time ago when i first got the internet. It was so good i copy and pasted it and forgot all about it until i read this. i will post it now even tho i cannot take credit for writing it and i would not have a clue who did but i do know it has been sitting on a hdd of mine for almost a decade. It took me a while but i found it. I called the file empathy. I will reread it with you guys as i have not before posting. Without further adu, here it is:

You were on your way home when you died.
It was a car accident. Nothing particularly remarkable, but fatal nonetheless. You left behind a wife and two children. It was a painless death. The EMTs tried their best to save you, but to no avail. Your body was so utterly shattered you were better off, trust me.
And that’s when you met me.
“What… what happened?” You asked. “Where am I?”
“You died,” I said, matter-of-factly. No point in mincing words.
“There was a… a truck and it was skidding…”
“Yup,” I said.
“I… I died?”
“Yup. But don’t feel bad about it. Everyone dies,” I said.
You looked around. There was nothingness. Just you and me. “What is this place?” You asked. “Is this the afterlife?”
“More or less,” I said.
“Are you god?” You asked.
“Yup,” I replied. “I’m God.”
“My kids… my wife,” you said.
“What about them?”
“Will they be all right?”
“That’s what I like to see,” I said. “You just died and your main concern is for your family. That’s good stuff right there.”
You looked at me with fascination. To you, I didn’t look like God. I just looked like some man. Or possibly a woman. Some vague authority figure, maybe. More of a grammar school teacher than the almighty.
“Don’t worry,” I said. “They’ll be fine. Your kids will remember you as perfect in every way. They didn’t have time to grow contempt for you. Your wife will cry on the outside, but will be secretly relieved. To be fair, your marriage was falling apart. If it’s any consolation, she’ll feel very guilty for feeling relieved.”
“Oh,” you said. “So what happens now? Do I go to heaven or hell or something?”
“Neither,” I said. “You’ll be reincarnated.”
“Ah,” you said. “So the Hindus were right,”
“All religions are right in their own way,” I said. “Walk with me.”
You followed along as we strode through the void. “Where are we going?”
“Nowhere in particular,” I said. “It’s just nice to walk while we talk.”
“So what’s the point, then?” You asked. “When I get reborn, I’ll just be a blank slate, right? A baby. So all my experiences and everything I did in this life won’t matter.”
“Not so!” I said. “You have within you all the knowledge and experiences of all your past lives. You just don’t remember them right now.”
I stopped walking and took you by the shoulders. “Your soul is more magnificent, beautiful, and gigantic than you can possibly imagine. A human mind can only contain a tiny fraction of what you are. It’s like sticking your finger in a glass of water to see if it’s hot or cold. You put a tiny part of yourself into the vessel, and when you bring it back out, you’ve gained all the experiences it had.
“You’ve been in a human for the last 48 years, so you haven’t stretched out yet and felt the rest of your immense consciousness. If we hung out here for long enough, you’d start remembering everything. But there’s no point to doing that between each life.”
“How many times have I been reincarnated, then?”
“Oh lots. Lots and lots. An in to lots of different lives.” I said. “This time around, you’ll be a Chinese peasant girl in 540 AD.”
“Wait, what?” You stammered. “You’re sending me back in time?”
“Well, I guess technically. Time, as you know it, only exists in your universe. Things are different where I come from.”
“Where you come from?” You said.
“Oh sure,” I explained “I come from somewhere. Somewhere else. And there are others like me. I know you’ll want to know what it’s like there, but honestly you wouldn’t understand.”
“Oh,” you said, a little let down. “But wait. If I get reincarnated to other places in time, I could have interacted with myself at some point.”
“Sure. Happens all the time. And with both lives only aware of their own lifespan you don’t even know it’s happening.”
“So what’s the point of it all?”
“Seriously?” I asked. “Seriously? You’re asking me for the meaning of life? Isn’t that a little stereotypical?”
“Well it’s a reasonable question,” you persisted.
I looked you in the eye. “The meaning of life, the reason I made this whole universe, is for you to mature.”
“You mean mankind? You want us to mature?”
“No, just you. I made this whole universe for you. With each new life you grow and mature and become a larger and greater intellect.”
“Just me? What about everyone else?”
“There is no one else,” I said. “In this universe, there’s just you and me.”
You stared blankly at me. “But all the people on earth…”
“All you. Different incarnations of you.”
“Wait. I’m everyone!?”
“Now you’re getting it,” I said, with a congratulatory slap on the back.
“I’m every human being who ever lived?”
“Or who will ever live, yes.”
“I’m Abraham Lincoln?”
“And you’re John Wilkes Booth, too,” I added.
“I’m Hitler?” You said, appalled.
“And you’re the millions he killed.”
“I’m Jesus?”
“And you’re everyone who followed him.”
You fell silent.
“Every time you victimized someone,” I said, “you were victimizing yourself. Every act of kindness you’ve done, you’ve done to yourself. Every happy and sad moment ever experienced by any human was, or will be, experienced by you.”
You thought for a long time.
“Why?” You asked me. “Why do all this?”
“Because someday, you will become like me. Because that’s what you are. You’re one of my kind. You’re my child.”
“Whoa,” you said, incredulous. “You mean I’m a god?”
“No. Not yet. You’re a fetus. You’re still growing. Once you’ve lived every human life throughout all time, you will have grown enough to be born.”
“So the whole universe,” you said, “it’s just…”
“An egg.” I answered. “Now it’s time for you to move on to your next life.”
And I sent you on your way.

Auther is Unkown but sounds like it could have been the op. Hope you all enjoyed reading this as much as i did and am glad i saved it and found it for you all today

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I have thought about this theory before and to me it seems plausible. If you add in the concept of infinity then God could create an infinite number of universes, parallel dimensions and alternate realities and be inside all of them all at the same time. God could also be outside of all this existing as a separate entity whilst being in the universes at the same time.

When you think about the one thing we all have in common its awareness. We have the exact same type of awareness, some people have more of it than others but the quality of awareness does not change from one person to another. It is pure in form, it remains the same type of awareness for everyone. It's awareness that allows us to perceive this world, to have thoughts and feelings. I would say that this awareness is one awareness that has been divided up into many smaller parts of awareness or rather each separate awareness is like a drop in the ocean. I would say that awareness itself is an aspect of God through which God is able to experience it's creation.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
You're closer to the truth than you know...

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eonnn
I have thought about this theory before and to me it seems plausible. If you add in the concept of infinity then God could create an infinite number of universes, parallel dimensions and alternate realities and be inside all of them all at the same time. God could also be outside of all this existing as a separate entity whilst being in the universes at the same time.

When you think about the one thing we all have in common its awareness. We have the exact same type of awareness, some people have more of it than others but the quality of awareness does not change from one person to another. It is pure in form, it remains the same type of awareness for everyone. It's awareness that allows us to perceive this world, to have thoughts and feelings. I would say that this awareness is one awareness that has been divided up into many smaller parts of awareness or rather each separate awareness is like a drop in the ocean. I would say that awareness itself is an aspect of God through which God is able to experience it's creation.

The Absolute and Infinity are separate from each other. One is bound by cosmic laws the other is limitless (not bound).
edit on 5-2-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
God is really old right? Like probably a trillion years old, so wouldn't he/she have experienced everything by now? The whole thing sounds like a video game

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teeky
God is really old right? Like probably a trillion years old, so wouldn't he/she have experienced everything by now? The whole thing sounds like a video game

You would think so; who is the driver of infinite potential at this point (the human under Gods Will); or is God manufacturing reasons for IT/the human as its expression to exist?
edit on 6-2-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Perhaps if we separate "God" from "Creator" then we all can be "God" at the same time, whilst we live inside the universe that was "created" by one whom watches over all those within it.

"All those within it" can be rectified to imply "God" as a collective awareness within a construct of "reality".

Otherwise we would turn into the universe itself and thus could not actually experience ourselves as a unity within it.

Obviously, perhaps one of us could also "create" a reality just like the universe was, but it does not mean that the individual is "God" - he/she would turn into a "creator".
edit on 7-2-2016 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Then i would suggest he gets his bloody cowardly ass down here and take the onus off of say,little kids who have to be raped and murdered.Which indeed has been going on since pretty much the dawn of mankind,right up to the minute i'm posting this.

How many times would any entity want to experience That anyway,what kind of sick twisted creature?!?

edit on 7-2-2016 by Raxoxane because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Maybe Yahweh's brother, Lucifer (Enki) created such a mess here on Earth, that going by the thread title;

What if 'God' simply HAS to experience everything that his brother Lucifer manufactured ?

Now there is Justice and payback for crimes against humanity.

So as shown in the picture above, the God Presence beyond this Universe is making Enki (Lucifer) and Enlil (Yahweh) endure the pain after they played with human DNA and created a slave race - Adam and Eve, after the Annunaki landed 350,000 years ago.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

God is in charge right (created both) in Its wisdom to experience *all/everything negative/positive*; manufactures new paradigms as we speak. Does Big God have have battle fatigue; an EGO presence we are unaware of (God is not God but a cheaper version underling adjutant put in place to solve minor interrupts/human skirmishes).
edit on 8-2-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   

God is in charge right (created both) in Its wisdom to experience *all/everything negative/positive*; manufactures new paradigms as we speak. Does Big God have have battle fatigue; an EGO presence we are unaware of (God is not God but a cheaper version underling adjutant put in place to solve minor interrupts/human skirmishes).

i asked an angel recently about Matthew 25:18 where the guy buries his single talent in the ground. The question went, 'who is going to be held accountable when 99.9999% of the world population are now poor and the elite have actually buried everyone's talent for them.' So far i am still waiting for an answer.

Apparently, in the Bible when Yahweh finds out that the guy who buried his single talent, he goes ballistic and gives the talent to someone else. Yet here we are, take America for example; millions of talents are being buried by the elite everyday with overseas outsourcing. The elite, Yahweh and Jesus let alone every alien does not give a sh1t.

So if a person commits suicide, because they have lost everything and there is no chance of them utilizing their talents in any way, then they will be able to hold Yahweh and Yahushua (Jesus) accountable for their ruined life as Yahweh has merrily allowed the elite to bury their talents.

Hence, on Judgement Day, human peasants will have every right to condemn every high ranking entity, including Yahweh, to hell for their crimes against humanity. They will have the truth to back them up.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   
originally posted by: Rapha

vhb: God is in charge right (created both) in Its wisdom to experience *all/everything negative/positive*; manufactures new paradigms as we speak. Does Big God have have battle fatigue; an EGO presence we are unaware of (God is not God but a cheaper version underling adjutant put in place to solve minor interrupts/human skirmishes).

Rapha: i asked an angel recently about Matthew 25:18 where the guy buries his single talent in the ground. The question went, 'who is going to be held accountable when 99.9999% of the world population are now poor and the elite have actually buried everyone's talent for them.' So far i am still waiting for an answer.

This is an experimental universe; the only thing you need to know is what your eternal/infinate gains with 'information' learned/as in this is not real at all (get rid of the 5 senses as in understanding) some would call this EGO destruction.

Rapha: Apparently, in the Bible when Yahweh finds out that the guy who buried his single talent, he goes ballistic and gives the talent to someone else. Yet here we are, take America for example; millions of talents are being buried by the elite everyday with overseas outsourcing. The elite, Yahweh and Jesus let alone every alien does not give a sh1t.

None of this matters as is myth. American talent; awesome, to what purpose as this is just a game play virtual reality. Do you dream? What you experience there is the same thing; just another reality as valid.

Rapha; So if a person commits suicide, because they have lost everything and there is no chance of them utilizing their talents in any way, then they will be able to hold Yahweh and Yahushua (Jesus) accountable for their ruined life as Yahweh has merrily allowed the elite to bury their talents.

Why kill oneself; those committing are 'over it' with this reality? They will experience another just as valid (lighter in form only) and have the same problems encountered in this very heavy 3D environment. The difference is there will be no Dogma attached (God Aspect). There is a just Universe in charge (its wisdom) and how it plays itself through a unique expression (binary coded information). Its answer to understanding all things beyond human being-ness is LOVE.

edit on 9-2-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   

This thought of experiencing "everything" has occurred so many times in my head, not just organic objects but in-organic objects as well, as I believe consciousness is everywhere, how else in different states of mind are you able to connect with everything then, if consciousness was not everywhere in everything?

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
I do not believe the theory I'm going to present here. I'm only presenting this theory as a thought experiment. In order to consider this theory, you need to make some assumptions which are summed up in the following sentence:

The creator of the universe designed the universe for one consciousness (the creator's consciousness) to experience every possible experience subjectively.

What that means is that every living thing contains part of the creator's consciousness. The creator can therefore simultaneously experience what it's like to be every living thing from the unique perspective of that thing (that's the subjective part). The creator can then learn what it's like to be every animal, every plant, every insect, etc. in a very genuine way.

That assumption is not a unique thought on my part. But, I believe the rest of the theory I'm presenting in this post may be new.

What if "God" simply wants to experience everything?

The way I see that question could shine a whole new light on everything that's happening in the world. It seems like many people have questions about life such as:

Why does "God" allow bad things to happen to good people?
Why does "God" allow so much suffering?
Why does "God" allow so much disease?
Why did "God" create such a "dog eat dog" world?

With my theory, there is one answer to all of those questions and many more and it is simple and understandable:

"God" wants to try out everything for self-growth and to see what he/she/it likes.

If really realistic virtual reality existed, would you like to try out your fantasies? Would you like to try out your nightmares? I would. In a virtual reality environment, why put limits on it?

If you were the kind of powerful being that "God" must be, perhaps you would want to try everything too. You could be a bear hunting for fish and be the fish. You could be both sides of a sporting event. You could be both sides of a war. It could sure be a cure for boredom at the very least.

If you were an all-powerful kind of being there may be no way that you could ever personally experience fear. However, within the context of existence in an animal's body, you could experience fear. And, you could experience joy, pain, and every other feeling and emotion imaginable.

What could the benefits of that be? How about developing empathy, sympathy, compassion, and lots of other things that you never could have experienced without the virtual reality you created.

I think this is an important theory to consider because it may answer all the questions people have about the world without making too many assumptions.

Well, this is an idea from India. God dreams he is the mouse, the cat, the dog. When he wakes up, he just laughs of it all.

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join