It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multidimensional Reality Rant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:47 AM
link   
What's up with all the people thinking their dreams are another dimension?
Is it really so hard to accept that a dream is just your brain processing the experiences it had in its daily life?
HOW could that be another dimension? It is just your neurons deal with it!

And "all is one" or my favourite: "It is all just happening" and no one is an individual, or "Who are you the one that sees or the one that is seen" pseudo enlightened nonsense. Really pisses me off. It is not even established that we have a soul, there is no certain definition of what conscience is yet some seem to think they know it all just because they meditated and felt some bliss.

Reality is real and there is science arguing that you don't even have a free will. The same goes for your soul. Religion still is just the cheap way out to feel superiour, but let's face it we're just some kinky animals, which made an artform out of the one thing that really differs us from animals, we # for fun, not only for procreation. That's it the big difference between us and horses, cats and dogs something we share with bonobos: we enjoy sex. And it has a social function. That doesn't prove we are gods, or we have souls.

The same goes for all the multi dimension, or many world believers, this stuff just makes you look like an acid head! Yeah you experienced it and I know exactly where: in your imagination! Under the influence of something you shouldn't use if you have a hard time accepting that this world is all there is. It is just you trying to add some significance to something that is the true simulation. Read about it, there are articles to be found. It is not another dimension, it is hormons and neurotransmitters.

Reality is when I bump my foot, it hurts. Why? Because while it is true that it is just my brain interpretation of what my perception feeds it: the table or wall still exist. Quiet and unconscience. Even if nobody sees them, they still hold up the roof or the glass of water.

The universe doesn't need conscience it doesn't want to have fun! It just exists, in this one dimension. And it is no simulation and no, if you kill yourself you won't be "saved", or "downloaded" you end.

edit on 29-1-2016 by Peeple because: N

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 03:26 AM
link   
so, does that mean you no longer believe in djinn's, apparitions, or entities existing on a parallel plane of existence? We have shared such wonderful discussions on such in the past.

Or are you just dismissing some people's claims of their experiences due to sheer volume??

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

No, i wasn't touching that subject in this rant, was i?
Also i was trying really hard and none of the experiences is reproducable. That doesn't mean i stop working on it, i just found nothing which translates into reality.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

special snowflakes have to be so special they get thier own dimension to dream in

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Since concluding (for me at least) that we all engage in beliefs for which there is no proof (that any of this matters enough to even debate or discuss it or care one way or another for instance - since there's no compelling proof it does,) I've been much happier simply allowing people their illusions/delusions... and hoping they allow me mine as well.

If it all means nothing and when the lights go out that's it... then it doesn't really matter how we choose to soothe ourselves of the existential terror of that knowledge does it? (Not including those methods which cause some to act harmfully to others, justifying it by such beliefs, mind you.)

My unsolicited and sincere advice: ignore and allow people their beliefs. One less source of stress is an awesome, humbling, horrifying universe. Sure, those beliefs may not make sense or be supported by any form of evidence. But neither is the notion that anything we do, think, or feel matters one iota ultimately. And yet, here we are, talking about it.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   
If you follow Quantum science and the multiverse , why not ? Why cant you shift into another universe temporarily when you sleep ? Perhaps in the other universe what you dream is real. Try that out for size. Just sayin

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Because of neuroplasticity, my brain shall never be petrified to any form.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   
In other "universes" the OP has made and critiqued this thread from different perspectives an infinite number of times.

edit on 29-1-2016 by TheGozerian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

So, what are the dimension of the rooms in your home? Garage? Yard? What of the availiable sq. floor space empty of furniture/car...and what would the dimensions of available floor space be if you filled each room with furniture and a car, lawn mower,snow blower in your garage?

Those dimensions are all different and in no way the same thing.

And if you've never meditated nor experienced astral travel or o.b.e.'s...then of course you don't "get it". You course it's all just "us".....

Thats the point. You must believe when I astrally project...that I actually fly around in the netherworld.

Showing you an apple and just a picture of an apple are 2 different dimensions.

Your a writer? Interesting. Me too. 3 published novels, over 100 articles, 1 children's fairy tale and a ton of musical copyrighted, published and recorded pieces.

So, I am surprised that you take everything to be omnidimensional. Or all within one's mind...nowhere outside exists any dimensions other than you in the here and now.

You'd benefit from some Zen and Existentialism studies. Best...

MS

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I believe it is, in part, individuals trying to convince themselves of their own beliefs. We all do this, but as the subject becomes more vague, individuality tends to be removed in favor of appeals to authority and meme repitition.

Heck, after extensive experience with things like astral projection, I became convinced that such things are products of the mind and not necessarily external stimuli. This brings up some fascinating avenues on the topic, but as with most topics, people only open up within the context of their narrative.

For the most part though, I think we can approach it almost as entirely different languages. In this way, it not only becomes a matter of understanding above conflict, it overlays a translation mechanism (of sorts) that simply identifies experience as experience rather than a fight over interpretation.
edit on 29-1-2016 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
Reality is real and there is science arguing that you don't even have a free will. The same goes for your soul. Religion still is just the cheap way out to feel superiour, but let's face it we're just some kinky animals, which made an artform out of the one thing that really differs us from animals, we # for fun, not only for procreation. That's it the big difference between us and horses, cats and dogs something we share with bonobos: we enjoy sex. And it has a social function. That doesn't prove we are gods, or we have souls.

I always thought it was our imagination which gave rise to religion amongst other things is what sets us apart from all other animals. Except for a few animals like elephants and again bonobos who throw stuff on corpses. Which doesn't prove we have souls but I won't argue it is all imagined, which doesn't make it any less magical to me. Even though I don't ascribe to the All is One, or I AM, reincarnation, God or even meditation ideas. The spirit and/or soul is something for each individual to find out (or dismiss), it's not something dictated by any majority.

Which I think makes sense because if I made a country full of robots hoping one will reach self conscious one day, it would be the only way because otherwise I would know I'd programmed it in there myself. The robots that find out move on and those who never have a spark will be recycled and it's each robots' own individual choice.

Anyway the stuff I dream about might have been created by science fiction which I've seen during waking time. But it's not exactly the same and sometimes I dream about stuff I can't recognize from movies or books I've read. Which is one of the reasons I am interested, hoping to come up with some entertaining story some day.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Been places that feel far realer than this reality, We are have a different relationship with the universe and I know what it has shown me...

top topics

join