It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dear gawd - my kindle is broke - please fix it

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Dear God Our Heavenly Father,I want to thank-you for my daughter finally getting a job.
I want to thank-you for the comfort of my home and family.I do ask that my husband and I
could take a trip to Israel someday.I do ask to have a cabin built in the woods for us.
Most of all,I ask for the quick return of Yeshua/Jesus in His name I ask and pray.Amen!

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
Dear God Our Heavenly Father,I want to thank-you for my daughter finally getting a job.
I want to thank-you for the comfort of my home and family.I do ask that my husband and I
could take a trip to Israel someday.I do ask to have a cabin built in the woods for us.
Most of all,I ask for the quick return of Yeshua/Jesus in His name I ask and pray.Amen!
You do realise that we are making fun of people for asking for petty favors from their god? While their presumed deity lets others starve or die from painful maladies. How many children died while your gods attention was spent securing employment for your daughter? The answer is none of it. It was a trick question. There is no god.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Yes, I realized before I posted my prayer that these members',yourself included,
were mocking God.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Don't knock it...I know, for I too have had God personally repair items,

One time, years ago I was up late at night...I live in the UK you see and back in those days we only had 4 television channels so you weren't exactly spoilt for choice. But on this particular night I couldn't sleep so had my TV on...suddenly, at 3 AM (the witching hour) the channel went blank!

I was flabbergasted, and frightened. An image of a demonic clown and little girl playing naughts and crosses came on my screen - clearly my television had become posessed. So I knelt down beside it and prayed...I prayed like I'd never prayed before, because I hadn't ever prayed before having assumed it wouldn't work.

Well, you can imagine my surprise when after 3 hours of constant praying, at 6AM the TV suddenly came back to life, the demonic clown and little girl had been exorcised and TV -AM came on.

Another time I had a phone and it was dying, the screen went all dim and I plugged it in to charge....but it was still dim and panic set in...I began to pray and lo, the battery level slowly began to creep up, the harder I prayed the more it charged.

And....so, you see. There are other examples I can give you...another time I lost something and a friend assured me that if I prayed to St Anthony that it would miraculously appear. I continued to search while praying and eventually found it...I mean, sure - I found it in a place that I had previously not looked...but I'd have never have thought to look there had I not prayed.

Probably.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
good point.

BUT, you do know that there are Christians on this planet that spend the majority of their time praying for humanity?

Testimony of the Evangelists by Simon Greenleaf, one of the greatest legal minds that ever lived:

"Lastly, the great character they have portrayed is perfect. It is the character of a sinless Being; of one supremely wise and supremely good. It exhibits no error, no sinister intention, no imprudence, no ignorance, no evil passion, no impatience; in a word, no fault; but all is perfect uprightness, innocence, wisdom, goodness and truth. The mind of man has never conceived the idea of such a character, even for his gods; nor has history or poetry shadowed it forth. The doctrines and precepts of Jesus are in strict accordance with the attributes of God, agreeably to the most exalted idea which we can form of them, either from reason or from revelation. They are strikingly adapted to the capacity of mankind, and yet are delivered with a simplicity and majesty wholly divine. He spake as never man spake. He spake with authority; yet addressed himself to the reason and the understanding of men; and he spake with wisdom, which men could neither gainsay nor resist. In his private life, he exhibits a character not merely of strict justice, but of flowing benignity. He is temperate, without austerity; his meekness and humility are signal; his patience is invincible; truth and sincerity illustrate his whole conduct; every one of his virtues is regulated by consummate prudence; and he both wins the love of his friends, and extorts the wonder and admiration of his enemies. He is represented in every variety of situation in life, from the height of worldly grandeur, amid the acclamations of an admiring multitude, to the deepest abyss of human degradation and woe, apparently deserted of God and man. Yet everywhere he is the same; displaying a character of unearthly perfection, symmetrical in all its proportions, and encircled with splendor more than human. Either the men of Galilee were men of superlative wisdom, and extensive knowledge and experience, and of deeper skill in the arts of deception, than any and all others, before or after them, or they have truly stated the astonishing things which they saw and heard."

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: HeathenJessie

you had 4 TV channels - sheesh - i can remember when there were only 3 chanels

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

yes i second that

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join