It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political madness and the 2016 US election for president

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Political madness is the fact that Hillary Clinton is a terrible candidate but the GOP candidates are all, maybe save Kasich, absolutely crazy and I think evil.

Bernie Sanders a nice guy just can’t win a general election I sincerely don’t believe; so he is gambling with the possibility of handing the country over to one of the GOP madmen or mad woman just to placate his ego.

As therefore as it stands now one has to vote for Hillary!

Holding ones nose.

Because any GOP candidate will try to destroy the ACA act, (however flimsy it is it still has provided millions of people health care and has likely saved many lives) the GOP candidates cavalierly express their notion of getting rid of it so therefore many will die unnecessarily. So one has to vote for Hillary over these crazies, as bad as Hillary is.

Even the great Noam Chomsky said that if he were in a swing state he would vote for Hillary because the GOP madmen, bare none, all would watch the world self destruct since they all reject the scientific fact of global warming.

This is political madness because I have as much enthusiasm for Hillary Clinton as I do another Eastern snow storm.

So what is one to do, but hold ones nose and vote for the lesser of evils

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Nuttyest campaign in history.

So that means the nuttyest candidate should win.

Big government in action.

Maybe the one with the least votes should be sworn in.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Bernie Sanders a nice guy just can’t win a general election I sincerely don’t believe; so he is gambling with the possibility of handing the country over to one of the GOP madmen or mad woman just to placate his ego.

Don't count Bernie out. He even beats Trump in an ATS poll, where the right wing is in the majority imo.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But it's a long way till November a lot can happen.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I believe it is a big fallacy to call someone evil.

We may disagree with people, but "evil" is far too subjective of a term.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Noam Chomsky supports Sanders but says because elections are bought he fears he doesn't stand a chance and if he had to choose between the GOP and Clinton he'd have to vote for Clinton. He's only ever donated to two presidential candidates and Sanders is one of them, who was running for Vermont’s sole member of U.S. House of Representatives at the time.
edit on 28-1-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
If I had a vote it'd be for Bush.

Strangely he seems to make the most sense out of any candidate I've listened to...
That goes back from debate 1 up until tonight.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Bite your tongue! Vote for another Bush? Madness! The only GOP candidate that makes sense is Rand Paul.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Agreed, except for his insane "personhood starts at the moment of fertilization" business (which would ban all abortions & all in-vitro). I mean, that would never get anywhere, so I'm not too worried.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Being I have no one in the debates or Primaries I thought I would total the Dems and Repubs and the Independant... I am thinking Trumps Number is lower then Sanders only due to the packed Clown Car that is the Republican Side. Assuming that every one who voted in this was eligible to vote, and stayed with party affiliation even when holding their nose about it. Taken the front runners as the Defacto...

O'Malley 0.34% (8 votes) Clinton 3.74% (89 votes) Sanders 42.14% (1,002 votes)

8+89+1002 = 1099 votes out of 2378 or 46.22%

Trump 35.32% (840 votes) Paul 9.17% (218 votes) Cruz 4.29% (102 votes) Rubio 1.18% (28 votes)
Carson 1.05% (25 votes) Bush 0.71% (17 votes) Kasich 0.55% (13 votes) Christie 0.42% (10 votes)
Fiorina 0.34% (8 votes) Santorum 0.12% (3 votes)

840+218+102+28+25+17+13+10+8+3 = Clown Car indeed = 1264 votes out of 2378 or 53.15%

Bloomberg 0.63% (15 votes)

Confirmation line, 46.22 + 53.15 + .63 = 100%
Total Votes: 2,378

So if it was a Trump Vs Bernie and every kept their vote down the party lines Trump would have Sanders 53.15% to 46.22%

This does not Bode well considering I personally would be happy only with a 78.23% Ron white, but I know that ain't going to happen, his hat is in the ring but he is not active on campaigning So I will keep Pipe Dreaming on that...

With this information now I hope that Trump's Stunt tonight did cause him problems... But worse since he is doing it though a registered Not for profit and thus has to show 100% were all donations go I have a feeling that it will show he keeps his word. And the Media Just fed it to him...

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   

I think Bernie can indeed win in a national election and If I'm not mistaken, no one does better according to national match-up polls I've seen pitting Bernie against any candidate in the GOP field.

The problem is getting him nominated. If those of us on the left can accomplish that first step by overpowering the DNC establishment and beating Hillary, the nation will help us do the rest.

If we're ever going to reign in the greed & corruption that has engulfed our entire political system, it's gonna take someone like Bernie who doesn't answer to special interest lobbyist to lead that charge.

Then it's gonna take an electorate that remains involved at every level in every election to weed out everyone in Congress who isn't willing to let go of their special interest teet.

If we ever want to return to a government Of, By & For it's people, that's the kind of revolution it's gonna take and that's the kind of revolution Bernie Sanders is calling for.

If we can't get him nominated, we have no one to blame but ourselves.

edit on 28-1-2016 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Agreed. This is the sorriest election I've ever witnessed.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Bite your tongue! Vote for another Bush? Madness! The only GOP candidate that makes sense is Rand Paul.

I'd vote for Rubio over Clinton. He seems moderate enough that I could stomach 4 years of him as President.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
I believe it is a big fallacy to call someone evil.

We may disagree with people, but "evil" is far too subjective of a term.

Not when human beings are hungry or die because of ones policies, think FLINT, blocking universal health care for decades--GOP.

new topics

top topics

join